Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stability Problems

JackmancerJackmancer Member Posts: 3

Obviously I'm a bit dissapionted with Fury, but never the less I'm willing to play it hardcore. There's only one thing making this impossible for me and that is the game itself. I played it for an hour now and the computer auto-rebooted itself around 5 times. The tutorial went alright, but as soon as I went to walk a bit throught the Sanctuary the game stalled very often.

I find this very wierd because I'm not having any trouble from lag. I'm running the low spec version because my ATi 9600 Pro isn't capable for the high version, but at low I have most options on max since  I do want a bit graphics.

Does anyone know what causes my Fury game and encluded with that my computer to stall? It's so frustrating and yes it's making me furious. How fitting.

Thanks in advance and I hope there is a solution, else I trew away 35 euro.

Signed,

Jack.

Comments

• MatriarcheXMatriarcheX Member Posts: 159

Hey Jack, how much RAM do you have on board? the minimum is 2gigs, suggested is at 4gigs. So the more the better. The game is a resource hog, so I hope you have a fast CPU too, preferably duo core. As for your graphics card, this link may help to update your drivers,

http://www.omegadrivers.net/

Good luck,

• JackmancerJackmancer Member Posts: 3

Thanks for your reply. It's a bit odd I get more help from the players then from the helpdesk but so it be.

I have an AMD 64+ 3000 yet only 1gb RAM space... but the minimum is 512mb for the low spec, wich I'm using. Is it the RAM space wich is causing my stallings then? What should I turn of to be a bit more welcome to my RAM blocks?

Thanks in advance once more.

Jack

• MoJawKMoJawK Member Posts: 45

Back in beta I was running on a machine with 1 gig and had loads of problems. I bought 2 more gigs and it was perfect.

Knights of Darkness

Undefeated in Guild Wars Pre-CU SWG, Corbantis Server
    Former Rank 1 Guild CoH/CoV, Pinnacle Server
    Former Rank 1 Guild Fury, Hadralas Server

• TS_ElNinoTS_ElNino Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by Jackmancer

the computer auto-rebooted itself

Judging by that comment, this sounds like an overheating problem. Are you able to play other graphic-intensive games for hours on-end without the PC rebooting? You might wanna try some compressed air around the CPU and other system fans to ensure your system is getting good air flow.

If that doesn't work, I would recommend trying the Omega drivers at http://www.omegadrivers.net/omega_drivers.php as these drivers have been known to improve gaming performance and compatability over the manufacturer's drivers.

Other than that, it can be difficult to diagnose the problem without being physically present at the machine and having spare parts available. It could be your power supply failing, bad memory (test with memtest86), lack of (or too much) thermal paste between the CPU and its heatsink, blown motherboard capacitors, or a number of other things. If you have tried cleaning the system with compressed air, and the Omega drivers do not correct the problem for you, I would recommend taking the system to a PC repair shop for service.

• Brone87Brone87 Member Posts: 244

Your graphics card is almost ancient, I remeber radeon pushing it about the same time Half-Life 2 came out. I suggest you upgrade it to a x1950 pro if you powersupply and case is big enough.