Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

systems requirements

How demanding is this game? Looking at the recommended specs i think they've probably under quoted what you need to play in an attempt to get players.

Here are my computer specs

1GB ram ddr

P4 3.2 GHz

geforce 8800 gt 512mb

windows xp

I was going to upgrade my pc but have decided to hold off for another year or two due to other circumstances and because im a bit broke. I picked up the vid card cheap hoping it might help me play the game but im worried that my lack of memory will be my downfall. Will I be able to play with reasonable fps at low-med settings. secondly would buying a 2gb pack of ddr ram be worth it? Ideally i would buy a new motherboard and get ddr2 ram but then id have to get a new processor etc. 

Comments

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

You will be running the game fine. With settings allowing you to have nice graphics aswell.

What resolution do you play in, I mean concerning LCD's.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• BigCountryBigCountry Member Posts: 478

1 more GB of ram would def help, esp if your going to have the client running awhile. You can get that fairly cheap via Newegg.com

Everything else looks great.

BigCountry | Head Hunters | www.wefarmpeople.com

• NakedFuryNakedFury Member UncommonPosts: 411

I also got a question about the reqs.

I checked and my pc barely meets the minimun requirements except that the graphics cards feature doesnt meet 2 reqs.

Its Vertex Shader component is not 2.0(its 1.0)

and Pixel Shader is not 2.0(its 1.4)

Thats the only thing that didnt meet the requirement for minimun but I was wondering if it would be a big deal since either way I would be playing the game with almost all options close to Low since my pc ghz is 1.5 and thats not fast.

Also I have 1.5 gb of ram.

• VincenzVincenz Member Posts: 1,498

Originally posted by Flex1

I also got a question about the reqs.

I checked and my pc barely meets the minimun requirements except that the graphics cards feature doesnt meet 2 reqs.
    Its Vertex Shader component is not 2.0(its 1.0)
    and Pixel Shader is not 2.0(its 1.4)

Thats the only thing that didnt meet the requirement for minimun but I was wondering if it would be a big deal since either way I would be playing the game with almost all options close to Low since my pc ghz is 1.5 and thats not fast.

Also I have 1.5 gb of ram.

My experience has been if you don't meet the pixel shader, you don't play the game...but can't say for sure with POTBS.

ohh a quicky question un-related to topic

If I buy one of those Sony Station Pre-Paid cards that are sold in Gamestops, will I be able to use them to play this game?

Currently Im in a sort of pirates avid fanatism and well this game is calling to me. Voyage Century Online is to much of a let down.

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

Originally posted by Flex1

If I buy one of those Sony Station Pre-Paid cards that are sold in Gamestops, will I be able to use them to play this game?

No not SOE's general card, you will need one that says for Potbs on them. At least at the moment.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• 13E12K13E12K Member Posts: 1

To give an opinion to anyone who wants to buy this cool game:

- I play this game on my Laptop 1.8Ghz, Ati Mobility X700 and 1Gb Memory

- First time I ran the game, it was laggy and display chokes as if my system was not enough even for medium settings.

- But the problem was weirdly Router/Firewall settings. Eversince I enabled ports 7010-7100 for data traffic, I've been running the game smoothly even on high settings (except some crowded city lag=)

- My gameresolution is 1280X800 and  turned all video settings to high i.e. high quality shaders, AA&AF x4 etc...)

• VincenzVincenz Member Posts: 1,498

That card meets all the requirements though, particularly the vertex and pixel shaders.

I hate you!!

Such a fine pc you have, I envy you.

Im gonna have to check the nearest Gamestop for this game pre paid cards and then check if I can play the game, for this a trial would be great.