Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question?

GenoknightGenoknight Member Posts: 156

I'm new to EvE and I want to start a Manufacturing character, but i'm worried I wont be able to hunt pirates and pirate other people as well as everyone else. If I make a manufacturing character will I be stuck as a manufacturer, unless I make another character?

And yes I am a super noob, but not for long!!!

Comments

• WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638

You can only train one character at a time per account.  This means you can have 3 characters, but only one can be improved at any given time.

You can spend a week or two on training weapons, ship, tanking and get some basic skills taken care off.

Also remember your learning skills can shave a buttload of training time off of your skills. So do forget these.

• GenoknightGenoknight Member Posts: 156

Thanks for the reply, but what i'm trying to figure out is

If I make a manufacturing character is that all he'll ever be? No pirateing or hunting just manufacturing all day?

• LordmonkusLordmonkus Member Posts: 808

You can do whatever you want with your character, just go buy the skills and train them. You are not locked into a class / role when you create your character.

If you do go pirating and get a low enough security status you won't be allowed into high sec space without getting shot by the faction police on the gates unless you fly in a pod.

• phantom195phantom195 Member Posts: 37

No Itachi54 you won't be stuck in anything in EvE. Anyone can do anything as long as he trains up for it.

What is true is that younger chars will focus most of their skill training time in the area of their choice. But nothing prevents you from training manufacturing skills and combat skills alternatively.

Moreover there's a limit to how high you can get your manufacturing skills anyway and there aren't that many manufacturing skills compared to combat for instance.

Take my case, i'm mainly a ratter with secondary pvp skills so my training time is genrally focused on ship command, combat and defense skills. However i started experimenting with manufacturing recently. So i've temporarily paused my combat development and i've focused on manufacturing skills and i'm quite happy with the results.

The only limit you have in EvE is the amount of time you're willing to spend on training.

• GenoknightGenoknight Member Posts: 156

Thanks for clearing this up

• WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638

Hehe don't laugh.

My main started as a miner.  Then went to a PvP focus with a minor in PvE support (killer drones and shield reppers for those caldari ratters heh). 

My alt was going to be straight PvP using pew pews but then went towards Caldari to rat.. :D

My main has like 20 million SPs (I know, not much) but he is able to use T2 mining lasers and whatnot, and use the second best mining ship.  And he can refine alright :D  He isn't specialized in anyway,,, but can mine with the best of em.

Now he is a drone master with T2 heavy blasters running around in either a hyperion (for support) or a HAC :D

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Originally posted by WolfClaws
    My main started as a miner.  Then went to a PvP focus

Same here