Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

sooooo...what should be done about genocides in africa?

124»

Comments

• bluberryhazebluberryhaze Member Posts: 1,702

agree to disagree. and stop using my arguments against me damnit. you read it, flip it around and throw it back at me...very annoying :)

I am of the opinion that this 'free society' you talk of, with all its laws and lawyers are slowly nibbling at my freedoms, day by day. perhaps there lies my angst. criminals are granted more freedoms, day by day. 

its also a shame that khaleid sheik mohammed, mastermind of 911, his 'torture' was leaked to the press not for the benovolent reason  you speak of.

-I will subtlety invade your psyche-

• bluberryhazebluberryhaze Member Posts: 1,702

benevolent reason was, Khaleid was leaked for political gain, I believe...his torture was not leaked because someone felt bad for him or, that it was the righteous thing to do regarding freedom. IMO.

I trust my government moreso than I trust alot of states, regarding my individual freedoms. I trust it to do the right thing for my safety in regards to the patriot act. I cannot have a draw the line conclusion on certain criteria, terrorism, specifically islamic terrorism.  I can look forward and see what this will lead to, as technology becomes more readily available. these fuckers are playing for keeps.

-I will subtlety invade your psyche-

• billiebillie Member UncommonPosts: 400

The concept the rest of the world should step in and prevent/protect the poor coloureds from 'genocide' is a fraud.
    First for the last 1000years the caucasian europeans only saw the area as a source of resources (ie. gold, diamonds, uranium, slave labor.)
    Second it is preposterous for countries that were founded on the same types of genocide to now claim it is wrong for others to be doing the same (ie. Cambodia, Vietnam, China, Nipon, US, UK, ect.)
    Third it ignores most humans are mortal. The complaint with genocide is the magnitude of death instead of the "state" benefiting/profiting from the labor of it's population.

In post colonial Africa, after the whites ran out, the power vacuum that resulted from artificial borders of course would cause the blacks remaining to fight it out, often all sides backed by outside (white empires and corporations) forces that had political/resource agendas.
    In modern times media attention of the ongoing 'genocides' in Africa has been suppressed. Tens of Millions of coloureds have been slaughtered. If that scale of destruction and fighting was in Europe the people would be calling it World War III.
    The "civil wars:"
    Angola and refAngola
    Algeria
    Burundi
    Congo
    Zaire aka. Democratic Republic of Congo
    Ivory Coast
    Ethiopia
    Somalia
    Liberia
    Nigeria
    Rwanda
    Sierra Leone
    Sudan and Darfur
    Uganda
    Zambabwe and refZimb

Aids has killed more people in Africa than all the wars on the continent. Each day 6,000 die and 11,000 are infected. Over two-thirds of HIV cases, and over 80% of deaths, are in sub-Saharan Africa.

Colonial Africa was the result of imperalistic white european's scramble for Africa.
    Wars and atrocities in the first quarter of the twentieth century
    (second, third and fourth quarters.)

Breakdown of government types in the twentieth century.
    Percentage of the world's population under various political systems (1902-1997.)
    Infant mortalities, life expectancies, and literacy.
    The shift from agrarian (farmers) to industrialization.
    Urban growth of the twentieth century.

Images of colonial Africa.

Pre colonial Africa, 1750, 1670, 1595, 1566 and Africa's oldest map.
    histories
    Iron age Africa.