Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

News Update *sigh*

Comments

• katriellkatriell Member UncommonPosts: 977

To readers of this news:
    Please note that this does NOT indicate which way the liquidation is going. The fate of the game is still undecided.

-----------
    In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on August 13, 2008.

• Alicen1337Alicen1337 Member Posts: 18

NOOOoooooo.../cry

really hope they find a buyer, or keep it on life support until TCoS comes out.

Edit: im playing on the French server now if anyone from my old guild is reading this. (same name)

• GudronGudron Member Posts: 13

I have tryed a lot of mmorpg but i  don`t like them ....none seems to be like ryzom ..to bad...

I will try Aion or The Chronicles of Spellborn

• clementlimclementlim Member Posts: 25

All I can say is this game is amazing. No other mmo I've tried endear me except this.

Ryzom is just like a most beloved old flame where you may want to fool around with other mmo but in the end, you'll just fall back into this.

Actually the main reason behind its 'fall' is the lack of marketing which ironically is also what makes this game so great. Commercializing it will attract those impulsive youngsters I'll say who will ruin the community.

• SharajatSharajat Member Posts: 926

I came into this game late.  It was dying already.  I couldn't leave noob isle. 

Still, this game was like none other.  A gem in the rough.  There were some edges that could be polished, especially by modern standards (I couldn't jump, wtf, and I swear there were invisible walls that annoyed me) but I found that I was forgetting them, the more I played.  I think I nearly jumped for joy the first time I made my own skill.  Nothing, NOTHING in an MMO has ever done that for me.  I've downed raid bosses, beaten PvP at impossible odds, completed hard quests, found epic rare drops, and NOTHING has done it like actually making a skill.  Was it limited?  Hell yeah.  I had like 5 options (I was still on Noob isle).  It didn't matter.  I MADE a skill. 

The crafting was cool.  Could it be improved?  I think with the benefit of hindsight, yeah, it could be improved (lets speed up the gathering process a bit here people.  Or at least a minigame.  Actually a harvesting minigame would be very cool, and add a lot of skill to the process).  The graphics were 'eh.' 

So why did I stop playing?  Community.  I could chat, and maybe 1-2 people would answer.  That's it.  It was like being in a 5 man IRC chat room or something.  There was no massive, because the game was dead. 

The Ring is still the coolest idea ever implimented in an MMO, and I wish I could see it. 

Trust me, if they announced a spiritual sequel to Ryzom, update the engine, maybe make a few simple changes, and I will be all over that.  They just need to get the IP out of this pointless bankrupcy suit. 

So many bad MMOs are still hanging on because of fanatical people, or just SOE's refusal to shut anything down (hello Matrix Online, how are your 2k players doing today) and this one, which wasn't doing poorly, is going to die because of no fault of its own... it makes me sick. 

In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own.

-Thomas Jefferson

• GilgameeshGilgameesh Member UncommonPosts: 412

Originally posted by Sharajat

I came into this game late.  It was dying already.  I couldn't leave noob isle. 

Still, this game was like none other.  A gem in the rough.  There were some edges that could be polished, especially by modern standards (I couldn't jump, wtf, and I swear there were invisible walls that annoyed me) but I found that I was forgetting them, the more I played.  I think I nearly jumped for joy the first time I made my own skill.  Nothing, NOTHING in an MMO has ever done that for me.  I've downed raid bosses, beaten PvP at impossible odds, completed hard quests, found epic rare drops, and NOTHING has done it like actually making a skill.  Was it limited?  Hell yeah.  I had like 5 options (I was still on Noob isle).  It didn't matter.  I MADE a skill. 

Seems you become a 'homin' in heart very fast :)
    The crafting was cool.  Could it be improved?  I think with the benefit of hindsight, yeah, it could be improved (lets speed up the gathering process a bit here people.  Or at least a minigame.  Actually a harvesting minigame would be very cool, and add a lot of skill to the process).  The graphics were 'eh.' 
    Harvesting is one of the best skills ingame, but it's hard to get into at early levels. Sure not in Silan. It's a real fight and you end up very satisfied when you start being able to dig up to 20 mats. And there are a lot of different stanzas to build your dig actions as you prefer. It has an hard start tho.
    So why did I stop playing?  Community.  I could chat, and maybe 1-2 people would answer.  That's it.  It was like being in a 5 man IRC chat room or something.  There was no massive, because the game was dead. 
    Yep, unfortunately when a game stop develop players leave... 
    The Ring is still the coolest idea ever implimented in an MMO, and I wish I could see it. 
     Eh, I have one big scenario on my disk and i cannot show it to anyone....Ring is an amazing tool developed too early. We needed other features before that.
    Trust me, if they announced a spiritual sequel to Ryzom, update the engine, maybe make a few simple changes, and I will be all over that.  They just need to get the IP out of this pointless bankrupcy suit. 
    You would not be alone... :)
    So many bad MMOs are still hanging on because of fanatical people, or just SOE's refusal to shut anything down (hello Matrix Online, how are your 2k players doing today) and this one, which wasn't doing poorly, is going to die because of no fault of its own... it makes me sick. 
    That's a mistery. Why SOE doesn't buy it and refuse to shutdown? Ryzom population, at the time of the bankrupcy was around 4.5k, it seems more than Matrix Online :)

Nickname registered on www.mynickname.org

• SharajatSharajat Member Posts: 926
    Originally posted by Gilgameesh

he benefit of hindsight, yeah, it could be improved (lets speed up the gathering process a bit here people.  Or at least a minigame.  Actually a harvesting minigame would be very cool, and add a lot of skill to the process).  The graphics were 'eh.' 
    Harvesting is one of the best skills ingame, but it's hard to get into at early levels. Sure not in Silan. It's a real fight and you end up very satisfied when you start being able to dig up to 20 mats. And there are a lot of different stanzas to build your dig actions as you prefer. It has an hard start tho.
    Well to start with they should definitely give you more of a minigame, and then build on it, if anyone ever makes a spiritual successor (or just revives this game).  Its really not fun to be told "eh, this eventually becomes cool."  But really, minor quibble.  
    Yep, unfortunately when a game stop develop players leave... 
     Eh, I have one big scenario on my disk and i cannot show it to anyone....Ring is an amazing tool developed too early. We needed other features before that.
    Possibly.  It is an expansion without content, at least until people create it.  That is a problem.  But this game was marketed so poorly, it was nothing but problems.  I hadn't even heard of it until Ryzom Ring.  That's pretty sad, given I have always been decently up on the gaming scene.  You have to be deep, deep under the radar for that to happen.  
    You would not be alone... :)
    That's a mistery. Why SOE doesn't buy it and refuse to shutdown? Ryzom population, at the time of the bankrupcy was around 4.5k, it seems more than Matrix Online :)
    Eh, at least the IP is out of the hands of SOE, where someone can do something with it. 

In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own.

-Thomas Jefferson

• SuperCaptSuperCapt Member Posts: 28

Has anyone heard anything new on what might be happening with Ryzom? Last we heard it was still in the french courts. Is there any outside website that we can use to track info on the case?

• MariannMariann Member Posts: 200

Originally posted by SuperCapt

Has anyone heard anything new on what might be happening with Ryzom? Last we heard it was still in the french courts. Is there any outside website that we can use to track info on the case?
    Here is a site that I read:  http://www.virtualcitizenship.org/forums/

Moonlightmist

Moonlightmist

• SuperCaptSuperCapt Member Posts: 28

Thanks MLM...i'll check it out.

(BTW it me Bosse from the ole FBs)  :)

• MariannMariann Member Posts: 200

Originally posted by SuperCapt

Thanks MLM...i'll check it out.
    (BTW it me Bosse from the ole FBs)  :)

Good to see you again.  I am currently on EQ2 - Lucan DLere same name just a bit elfier (if there is such a word)

Stay in touch.

Moonlightmist

btw, Klients is still up and running  a few of us still hanging around on there :)

Moonlightmist

• Sieges111Sieges111 Member Posts: 120

I hope there are new buyers soon. I have not played another game that was as fun as Ryzom. Atys is a great planet and I miss her

• GalaxoGalaxo Member UncommonPosts: 389

Now i play LOTRO its a nice game but seems no game is like Ryzom.

Now is like a person when dies, maybe you didn`t like that person, maybe hate it and when is gone you start to miss it ..

WTF ? The forum is messed up..

• I couldnt read the rest of your message,

but yeah.

• katriellkatriell Member UncommonPosts: 977

So I'm not the only one who has a problem viewing the first page of this thread.

The text of the posts that've gone MIA offscreen can still be selected if your browser window is wide enough to show at least the first letters of their sentences. Then that text can be pasted into Notepad or such to be read.

-----------
    In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on August 13, 2008.

• Yeah thats what

Ive been doing.

Annoying though.

Maybe wrapping

the text down

like this would

help?

haha

Better ... what is with

the forum?

• I dont know,

I think Ryzom

is trying to contact

us from the

grave!

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

*wails* Why did you leave us oh great one?

• green13green13 Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

Looks like Sieges' avatar image is screwing up the second page of the thread.