Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Those of you using bootcamp......

So Im Installing windows on my macbook pro and it gets to the point where my mac has to restart before the setup can continue. It restarts to a black screen that says

Press any key to boot to cd...
NTLDR not found
Press ctrl+alt+delete to restart

If I press any key it just starts the install process over again and if i press ctrl alt delete nothing happens. Maybe thats because its a mac keyboard.

Ive installed bootcamp before and this never happened. Help plz!!!!!

playing: darkfall
waiting: earthrise

Comments

• wyvexwyvex Member UncommonPosts: 346

i installed windows using boot camp on my mac book and it instaled fine. i do remember the windows installed restarting every once in a while though. are you sure your following instructions correctly?

• wyvexwyvex Member UncommonPosts: 346

edit: srry didnt mean to post twice

• TeganxTeganx Member Posts: 401
    Yup its a blue screen with a yellow bar that loads and then it says it must restart to resume setup. Then the yellow bar turns red and it says the machine will restart in 10 seconds and then it does and then BAM black screen saying the ntldr wasnt found. WTTFF.

• SiginSigin Member Posts: 71

ntldr is NT Loader, which is the main boot loader for all the Windows NT based OS's.  If I had to guess out of the blue, I'd say you had a scratch on the disc, possibly.  Or something that is otherwise preventing the install from transferring control over to ntldr.

Originally posted by Sigin

ntldr is NT Loader, which is the main boot loader for all the Windows NT based OS's.  If I had to guess out of the blue, I'd say you had a scratch on the disc, possibly.  Or something that is otherwise preventing the install from transferring control over to ntldr.

Hmm the disc looks fine. I wonder what it could bbeeeee : (

• bluberryhazebluberryhaze Member Posts: 1,702

im no nt guy but is the disc an upgrade or full version? can be a bump too :)

-I will subtlety invade your psyche-

Its a full version but I think I just figured out the problem. I dont think this copy has sp2 on it : (