Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EU POP!

xersentxersent Member Posts: 613

can anyone tell me the most populated EU server , i was thinking of buying this game , but want to know a good EU server , and is it too late to start playing this.

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Server list and nationalities

eq2players.station.sony.com/servers/index.vm

I think someone mentioned RunnyEye in the past as a good Euro choice

or you could play on US server like Antonia Bayle

• fozzie22fozzie22 Member Posts: 1,003

RE is a great server mainly becuase i'm on it ;p

• DarthHoobDarthHoob Member Posts: 108

Well EU server choice is limited to Runnyeye and Splitpaw now (once upon a time we had a pvp server but that was merged with Venekor because there wasn't enough people using it).

Personally I play on Runnyeye and find it just fine. Probably not as populated as our US cousins are used to, but it suits most of us using it. I rarely having trouble finding a group (60-70 is a little empty, but that's to be expected thanks to the increase to 80 with RoK). There is certainly plenty of guilds about. I'm seem to hear about a new one being formed and recruiting every day just lately

Currently returned to Norrath after disliking Hyboria.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

Don't play on an EU server, play on an American server. You wouldn't believe the number of Europeans that come on here to complain about the EU servers.

• xersentxersent Member Posts: 613

ok thx for your replys.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

i am from the EU and play on USA oasis with a european guild.

• quaikyquaiky Member Posts: 566

I'm playing on runnyeye and population seems to be good enough. No idea about splitpaw, only heard some people complain about population there others say its healthy.

Yes there are probably some US servers with bigger population, but it alos depends on playtimes eu servers have the peaks at the european evening hours so if  you play that times you will probably be more happy on eu servers. if you play european latenight then US servers might suit you more.

• KraptorKraptor Member Posts: 359

Runnyeye's population is pretty good. I havent been able to go online in the last 2 weeks but dont think anything changed in the last weeks. US servers are more populated but the dime diff can be pain in the arse sometimes. I think you will do fine on Runny.

• AkrilicAkrilic Member Posts: 9

Splitpaw has a very healthy population.  I logged on early from work yesterday and created a new char (first time in 6 months I've done that) and Splitpaw was medium vs Runnyeye light.  Admittedly that was about 4pm which is far from prime time.

Certainly, Splitpaw has a lot of people running about in all zones and there's no issue with groupage.

Never played on a US server (in EQ2) so have nothing to compare against.

• LiljnaLiljna Member UncommonPosts: 274

It is not too late to start the game :)

I would advice you to start on an american server instead of a european one. Runnyeye is located in the states, so ping wise, you can as well play on an american server. Splitpaw is located in Amsterdam, so if connection is one of your worries, you should probably choose Splitpaw.

Is there a reason why you want a european server instead of an american one? You can freely choose between all the servers, except station exchange.

• quaikyquaiky Member Posts: 566

biggest reason to play on an eu server is that it is easier to find guilds that hold raids/guildevents in EU evenings on them. so if  you want to raid soemtime in the future and want the  choice between multiple guilds with raid start times in the eu evenings then its probably better on eu servers.

• LeemegLeemeg Member UncommonPosts: 230

aye its a pain to raid on a US server when you are located in europe. Raids often start 1am and continue out in the night. If you have to work the day after...its not possible. Atleast not for me.

I don't find the EU servers (can only speak about Splitpaw) lacking in population at all. The servers (both) are medium/heavy in the primetime. I haven't had any problem finding groups either.

I played on a US server for 1 year, but changed to Splitpaw for little about 1 year ago. I havn't missed the US server one single second (only logged in one of my character on the us server once for just 5 minutes in the last year). And I have actual found it easier to get into group on Splitpaw compared to Nagafen when I played there.

--
    Leemeg.

• DrFodDrFod Member Posts: 63

Splitpaw has the higher pop of the two but I'm not sure by how much. When you create a character, the servers are listed in ascending population order.

Originally posted by quaiky

biggest reason to play on an eu server is that it is easier to find guilds that hold raids/guildevents in EU evenings on them. so if  you want to raid soemtime in the future and want the  choice between multiple guilds with raid start times in the eu evenings then its probably better on eu servers.
    Very true, that was why I asked why he wanted a Euro server. I have met people that tried the trial (eu trial) and thought they could only pick a euro server. Most other MMO's outthere work on a sceme with US servers and EU servers. I just wanted to make sure our OP knew he had a choice :)

I don't find the EU pop lacking either. But I find the general service there (not the Customer service people) lacking, that's why I would advice a new player to pick a US server.

Unless ping is important or he/she plans on being raid able later in the game.

Thanks again all , i have to admit i would like todo the raiding part so i think joining an EU server like splitpaw might be best due to time zones , but in saying that im still just getting used to the controls ect.. and just trying out diffrent classes , so havent picked the server im going to stay on as of yet ,

Where did Splitpaw go? it has gone from my server list all i have is runnyeye , anyone know?

Originally posted by xersent

Where did Splitpaw go? it has gone from my server list all i have is runnyeye , anyone know?

Splitpaw has suffered from some down-time recently, my guess is the login server was down when you tried to log in.

Try again later :)