Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cell phone spam

on average i'm getting 1.5 spam emails a day on my  cell phone, at $.15 per message this adds up to be about 7 bucks by the end of the month. besides for completely blocking ALL text messaging from my phone or getting an actual text message plan added to my phone ( <---verizon's idea of a solution) is there anything at can actually be done about these ?

Comments

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Are you kidding me man? So you went to verizon and they said, "Sorry to hear that, but you can get this plan and then you can be annoyed with spam yet you don't have to worry about the change coming out of your pocket."

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• xxthecorexxxxthecorexx Member Posts: 1,078

that pretty much sums it up. there is nothing in place at verizon to block or filter email OR telephone telemarketers from cell phone numbers. the only recourse you have is contesting your bill every month, changing your phone number or increasing your account usage to "accommodate" these unsolicited calls/text messages.

one a day i can deal with, but in a case like spam i KNOW it's not going to remain at just one a day. in 6 months i can prolly look forward to having to change my cell phone number.

one of the BIG things in hindsight that may attribute to this is when asked for a home phone number i usually just give or list my cell phone, it's faster, easier, and i'm available on it more so than at my "home" phone number. BUT... according to verizon cell phone numbers can not be filtered through the do not call registry thus remain "fair game".

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

That's sad. Verizon is hot stuff and they can't even get some filters on the phones? I wouldn't know what to tell you man. I think that's a shady attempt to more money in their pockets in my opinion.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos