Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dick Cheney: The unauthorized biography (CBC)

tunabuntunabun Member UncommonPosts: 666

As I am fairly sick of reading the defences in regards to this American Administration, the War and generally anything that should be simply indefensible.  As such I have decided to start posting, as often as I can, information and documentaries that support the facts rather than attempting to fog reality.

What should be deemed as factually fallicious, historically inacurate and completely asinine is consistantly defended by a number of posters on this site, who neither know history nor logical discourse, simply an ability to google search and assume positions based on flawed information and logic.

Anyway, ranting aside, here is the documentary from a great Canadian program called the Fifth Estate:

The Fifth Estate - Dick Cheney: The unauthorized biography (CBC)

- Burying Threads Since 1979 -

Comments

• bluberryhazebluberryhaze Member Posts: 1,702

woot

finally some truth!

published truth none the less

how did the bush administration bend the clintons back in 1998 to support his position before he was president>?

saddam was in violation violation violation violation of the outcome of gulf war 1 treaties facilitated by the UN.

the uncomplicated truth is pretty easy to find if you remove your bush hatred goggles first.

-I will subtlety invade your psyche-

• tunabuntunabun Member UncommonPosts: 666

Originally posted by bluberryhaze

*Inane Drivle*

What does this have to do with the Video posted?

As you asked a poster in another thread about Fox News and Mass Effect; Did you watch it?

Seriously, make a cognitive point backed by any sort of proof and maybe people will attempt to address you with respect, or at the very least feign it.  Commenting on how the Clinton administration did wrong in no way takes blame away from the direction and level of wrongness that the jr. Bush administration has created and continued, thus your point is moot in the context of this discussion, ie. in response to my comments.

I'm perplexed at how anyone would find it arduous to debate with you, especially a University professor (Father-in-Law), as your consistant use of Fox style clichè one liners offers absolutely no defence to any subject you choose to take up arms in favor of; Not to mention having possibly the most hollow of stances backed by the most empty of statements out of anyone I have recently seen on this site.

• goneglockingoneglockin Member UncommonPosts: 706

Let it go chief.  It's the internet.

When I meet these guys in a Coney Island or something and they make a remark about my choice of newspaper or comment on a story fishing for a fight with me- the guys defending the indefensible- they're the ones who always run out of things to reach for first...

...and several times i've been met with "fuck you" and "if you dont like this country then get out."

That's a win.  They'll never let you win on the net though.

Hope you got your things together. Hope you are quite prepared to die. Looks like we're in for nasty weather. ... There's a bad moon on the rise.

• AmpallangAmpallang Member Posts: 396

Ah but you see argument nowadays centers less on truth than fogging the issue as much as possible and inflating weak ideas.  That and interrupting the other guy as much as possible to deflect attention to something else.

If you are not being responded to directly, you are probably on my ignore list.

• bluberryhazebluberryhaze Member Posts: 1,702
    Originally posted by goneglockin

When I meet these guys in a Coney Island or something and they make a remark about my choice of newspaper or comment on a story fishing for a fight with me- the guys defending the indefensible- they're the ones who always run out of things to reach for first...
    ...and several times i've been met with "fuck you" and "if you dont like this country then get out."

qft

-I will subtlety invade your psyche-

• tunabuntunabun Member UncommonPosts: 666

I know, but many times my pet peeves get the better of me, my biggest one being stupidity and the pasting of it all over the Interwebs.

Luckily they don't need to let me win as it's almost assured once they press the Submit (Post Message) button in response to any well articulated post I've made.

Originally posted by Ampallang

Ah but you see argument nowadays centers less on truth than fogging the issue as much as possible and inflating weak ideas.  That and interrupting the other guy as much as possible to deflect attention to something else.
    So true, luckily with the advent of Google I am able to use words like fallacy or fallacious and people can look it up, effectively winning the debate and educating all in the same keystroke.

No need to thank me, I'm a Scientologist.

(A little cross thread humour for you)

Originally posted by bluberryhaze

*.*

qft

AFI

Originally posted by xxvicexx

Free Toilet Paper!
    For the past 7-8 years you people have lied, distorted, belittled ,and pointed ot things like this as the Truth(tm). Credibility is shit.

It won't change either unless high level people begin to start being held accountable for what they've done, be it in a legal fashion or not.