Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Now Game is ready to launch!

I played at "Launch", it was awful, a disaster.

6 months later i try again....better but still not worth paying for.

Re-subbed a week ago...VERY MUCH IMPROVED! PLAYABLE! FUN!

This game reminds me of EQ1 when it began, it dont take you by the hand and wipe your ass for you, you gotta explore and actualy work at it.

The FPS is much better now, the toons combat animations are kinda cool.

Flying mounts, boats /ships, and  mobs that aint too keen to let you just run away haha.

I hope soe dont water this down like the did with EQ2   "RUN AWAY".

It needs re-launched with some advertising.

you dont need 3gb of ram to play this either, 2 is good enough.

Games have allways pushed the hardware forwards, and okay at "Launch" it was asking a lot.

But now hardware dont cost that much, and its worth it, this game looks very nice (toons need more makeup options though).

So IMHO I advise you to try this game out now.

Its just right challenge wise, and most importantly i find it lottsa FUN!

Comments

• sweetdreamssweetdreams Member UncommonPosts: 190

lol hardware doesn't cost that much now? if you want a top notch gaming PC it does.

which, if you wanna play this game, you will need a lil more than mediocre specs.

• UgaritUgarit Member Posts: 213

Originally posted by scotczech

I played at "Launch", it was awful, a disaster.
    6 months later i try again....better but still not worth paying for.
    Re-subbed a week ago...VERY MUCH IMPROVED! PLAYABLE! FUN!
    This game reminds me of EQ1 when it began, it dont take you by the hand and wipe your ass for you, you gotta explore and actualy work at it.
    The FPS is much better now, the toons combat animations are kinda cool.
    Flying mounts, boats /ships, and  mobs that aint too keen to let you just run away haha.
    I hope soe dont water this down like the did with EQ2   "RUN AWAY".
    It needs re-launched with some advertising.
    you dont need 3gb of ram to play this either, 2 is good enough.
    Games have allways pushed the hardware forwards, and okay at "Launch" it was asking a lot.
    But now hardware dont cost that much, and its worth it, this game looks very nice (toons need more makeup options though).
    So IMHO I advise you to try this game out now.
    Its just right challenge wise, and most importantly i find it lottsa FUN!

Personal flying mounts aren't created yet. FTM you can take a FM 10 mn . FM = next GU4, end of feb.

This game is nice great and cool but it's not finished yet. I stopped VG... 1 week, tried SWG and lotro ... and stopped again and came back to VG, the only MMORPG i can actually play .

But you can't say all features have been implemented. Th'ey 'll be implemented in next GU4, and for the trial   (march/april) VG 'll be complete. not before.

VG is great, impressive and rich but needs a "super pc"; dual core, 3Go ram, 512 ram video under XP are needed. No doubt at all.

Truth must be told if you want player coming back. If you talk like a vanboy, you won't be trusted. Tell the truth, explain what is GREAT in this game, and say what's wrong. You must speak about everything, even Dark Side.

• Dwarfman420Dwarfman420 Member Posts: 207

Ah, the weekly "Come back to VG, its not as bad as it used to be" thread.

I'm wondering when they will stop. A year from now, two years? Seriously.

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039

I never had any major performance problems with vanguard,even on a mid range non uber pc. What bothered me was the annoying bugs ,empty world and less than thrilling gameplay.Still not as bad as people have made it out to be however.

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

Originally posted by sweetdreams

lol hardware doesn't cost that much now? if you want a top notch gaming PC it does.

which, if you wanna play this game, you will need a lil more than mediocre specs.

The hardware have actually changed from a year ago.

Top notch today, no you wont need that. Do you need the top notch 1 year ago, maybe. Which in one way could be describes as mediocre specs today.

What with the

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

What is the quote... " You never get a second chance to make a first impression."

Too late I'm afraid, especially with AoC and WAR coming in the near future...

• sweetdreamssweetdreams Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Originally posted by Orphes

Top notch today, no you wont need that. Do you need the top notch 1 year ago, maybe. Which in one way could be describes as mediocre specs today.

What with the

hmm 1st, you're wrong cause you still do need a little bit higher than med. specs (i'm not saying top notch. you said it), and 2nd you obviously didn't read the OP.

• UproarUproar Member UncommonPosts: 521

I've been back playing solidly for about 3 and half weeks now.  I am here to stay.  It is a fun, challenging beyond anything anyone else is offering me (except EQ1, DAOC, probably), detailed.

I was one of the first in beta and played after launch for am month, several short attempts since. 

I find the current state of tThe game to be much more solid, but there are still big issues with missing quests (try playing a Raki or Wood Elf -- your very second quest is not doable!! and it's not alone in the game overall), not infrequent crash-to-desktop events, weekly falling through the world / floor (maybe twice weekly), map glitches several times a night (waypoints won't display or while this part is not a bug per se, but rather a missing persistence requirement is that they are often not available when you still need them), zones (YES, the game Most definitely has zones.  10 minutes walking around will convince anyone of that-- they just don't display a "zoning" message).  Loss of autofollow due to zoning.  Lag (most often occurs entering cities and at zone lines.

Now let's talk about the "returning player specific bugs" as I call them.  You will likely have numbers attached to the ends of your characters.  When you log in the first time you will be forced to rename them.  That Sucks.  You have to do this even if none of the players with that name (may be several with numbers, plus maybe one with none) are still playing the game.  You will likely have items (at least for lower level toons) that you may no longer be able to use.  If an item in your equipped inventory is red -- don't touch it!  Don't breath on it!   It will still work for you if you do nothing, but screw up (die and don't find your tombstone and your screwed too) and you will not be able to use it anymore.  Apparently a lot of level adjustments occurred on the better low level items since launch.  I have had these issues with toons < level 10 that had nice items.  I suppose these are growing pains and must be born, but it can be a big turnoff upon your return. 

Still despite those "annoyances" it is a good, fun, worthwhile time.  The pressure must remain on them to fix these items those.

I actually recommend it to everyone.  However, I suppose waiting to the next game update might not be such a bad idea if you're the "picky and I got to complain about it on OOC" type. 

• swede2swede2 Member Posts: 975

What with the

hmm 1st, you're wrong cause you still do need a little bit higher than med. specs (i'm not saying top notch. you said it), and 2nd you obviously didn't read the OP.

Actually a top notch rig will let you enjoy vanguard to the fullest. Myself i play it every setting maxed at 1920x1200 and have since day 1 the game runs fantastic for me personally .

But my son plays on a AMD 3200 , 2 Gigs of PC2700 and a x850xt  which by todays standards is a low end machine and if i can get vanguard running on that for my son theres no reason atalll why you would need a uber computer

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

Originally posted by Dwarfman420

Exciting enough for you to keep clicking the thread.....

I'm wondering when you will stop clicking the link? A year from now, two years? Seriously.

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

What with the

hmm 1st, you're wrong cause you still do need a little bit higher than med. specs

Little higher is not top notch. You did not need a top notch computer back then and you wont need it today. Back then you needed a good computer, yes, top notch, not really.

(i'm not saying top notch. you said it)

It is funny with cool emotes and so, shure is. But what I cant understand when people don't even know what they say. You mentioned "top notch" intially, noone else.

, and 2nd you obviously didn't read the OP.

The OP said, refering to the hardware, to quote again.

"But now hardware dont cost that much, and its worth it, this game looks very nice (toons need more makeup options though)." "you dont need 3gb of ram to play this either, 2 is good enough."

So  you are using a belitteling emote to a thing that you in first place got wrong. Seems pretty "off" and thus claiming you got it right. Ok, be ironic and sarcastic but, please, first see to it that there is a chance that you get it right.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• scotczechscotczech Member Posts: 133

My pc is a 3GHZ single core P4

2 gig ram

8800GT card

This isnt high spec......its mediocre , id say.

VG plays fine, I like it, its improved a lot.

• elf8blisself8bliss Member UncommonPosts: 304

You don't need 3 gigs of Ram to play VG. Yes, 512 mb video card is better than 256, but still playable. The prices for a dual core, 512 video card, 2 gigs of ram machine is much cheaper a year ago, you can find one for under $1000 easily. So, you don't need some $2000 +  machine to run it.

• ZhenChenZhenChen Member Posts: 9

mm heya people.. would love to try this baby out.. tho cant find any trials available for this game currently .. so would appreciate if someone gave me buddy key code<3 since i dont buy/pay for any game that i cant try first heh.. anyways.. if there is someone nice enough.. my e-mail is: [email protected]

I'm busting right out the creases, fuck your white jesus..
    you're blinded by the light of deceivers and disbelievers
    the real truth right in front of you
    i am everyone and none of you..

Yeah agree this is ridiculous.

I play VG, think this game is really great can't stop and change for lotro etc, but also think he needs more improvements. Vg isnt finished yet. And you need 2,5/3GO ram + 512 video.

Bought more ram + new video card FOR VG.

So my computer is ready for AOC, war etc. Before, had only 1 Go ram + 256 and couldn't play ! It was a nightmare. Now it's great but 3 Go ram + 512 ati !

• ZoobieZoobie Member Posts: 27

I run it with 1 gig of ram.

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

Actually this isn't quite what you are saying.  what I've been seeing is a large number of people saying "I came back to VG and it is really great now and I'm having a good time".  I think thats quite a bit different then long time players saying come back and try the game it is improving a lot.

Frankly I have seen enough of these that I went and played a bit the other night and was kinda impressed with the population.  I did a quick count at around 11:30 PM PST which isn't exactly prime time and found there were around 1000 people logged on and it was a really nice distribution with a bit more people at 50 but generally pretty distributed which would imply there are quite a few people creating new characters...

I'd say it is encouraging.  It would be interesting to know if the numbers in VG are actually starting to grow.  Based on the postings in this forum it certainly seems like it is growing and gaining interest.

---
    Ethion

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039
    Originally posted by Zoobie

1.5g here,and this was late last summer.

Originally posted by jimsmith08

Originally posted by Zoobie

1.5g here,and this was late last summer.

I play VG on high quality settings with most stuff turned on.  I will see that VG is usually using 900-1100mb of memory now days.  So the memory leaks of the past are long gone and they seem to have optimized memory usage.  I didn't compare to lower settings but I'd expect they would use less memory.

Bottom line is that I think VG is completely in hog heaven with 2GB and with 1GB you can probably get it running without any problems.  You won't be able to run it on high quality on 1gb without swaping which will make it near unplayable.

---
    Ethion

YEah

I play VG all in High res with a Sinclair ZX81 ok.

I play this game imo this game is great but he needs 3 go ram + 512 unless you like CTD reboot and type /flush 1X/Hour. With a dual core + 3 go ram + Ati 512 under XP pro (not vista !) i only play in medium/low res, balanced mode. Can play High res, but it becomes a diaporama! a slide show...

For the birthday in khal, had  2 FPS, everyone present knows that.

The 512 mb card is helping you but the 3gb of ram is doing nothing for you.  Next time you run VG task switch out of the game and look at the memory usage.  since GU3 I haven't seen my memory for VG go over 1.2GB.   So 2GB is ample.

---
    Ethion