Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWG2 Logo?

DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

http://swg2.ytmnd.com/

What do you guys think? Fake photoshopped just for attention?  Does SWG even have enough popularity to launch a successful sequel - from SOE nonetheless?  As much as I want for 'Star Wars' to have an amazing MMORPG, too many players may be too hurt from the past still.  IF SOE somehow, and I'm talking 'MAGICALLY' here, was able to make an outstanding Star Wars MMORPG -would you play?

Personally while I am sad about the game's current state, I would... if they made an outstanding Star Wars mmorpg... if...

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

Comments

• Jenus1Jenus1 Member Posts: 162

I can create that in 20 seconds using photoshop, and it's hosted on ytmnd, need i say more?

Pre-cu Fanbois,
    There will be no rollback.
    Go outside - Get a life,
    It's not coming back.
    We arn't giving you your game-back.
    So go outside, and realize that you've wasted 2 years.
    Pre-cu Fanbois.

• Rofl, the "THIS IS NOT A FAKE" doesn't tip you off about its legit or not then I would like to sell you a Wi for 150 dollars.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/18/dynacoms-wi-vision-not-a-wii-not-a-vision/

• wolfmannwolfmann Member Posts: 1,159

I would play if it was a continuation of SWG-PreCU, where they stuck to canon/continuity and made it Star Wars.

However, if the game was a continuation of SWG-NGE, I would avoid it like the black plague itself. Not only because it's a bad bad bad game, but also because the limitations of classes destroys the Star Wars feel of the characters ( Solo was an officer, smuggler, trader, soldier, and same can be said for all characters in Star Wars).

imageThe last of the Trackers

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Originally posted by namelessbob

Rofl, the "THIS IS NOT A FAKE" doesn't tip you off about its legit or not then I would like to sell you a Wi for 150 dollars.
    lol SWEET I WANT 4!

I happened upon that and pretty much knew there's a 99.99999etc % chance of it being BS.  But I have been reading more and more rumors of a SWG2 and it made me wonder... would it be possible for it to be any good, if SOE does make it.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• demented669demented669 Member Posts: 402

i played swg befor the cu after and quit after the nge if a new star wars mmo was comming out i wish they would follow the time line of the movies and not have 1000s jedi around it was nice to see a jedi in the old days couse you know they worked hard has hell to get there, so even if a swg2 was commming out it would suck couse it would be a game full of jedi again nothing like the game befor the cu

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Originally posted by DeaconX

Rofl, the "THIS IS NOT A FAKE" doesn't tip you off about its legit or not then I would like to sell you a Wi for 150 dollars.
    lol SWEET I WANT 4!

I happened upon that and pretty much knew there's a 99.99999etc % chance of it being BS.  But I have been reading more and more rumors of a SWG2 and it made me wonder... would it be possible for it to be any good, if SOE does make it.

From http://www.mmo-gamer.com/?p=281:

The MMO Gamer: What about a sequel? EverQuest 2 was announced around this time in EverQuest’s lifecycle.

Jake Neri: There are currently no sequels planned. We remain committed to SWG and feel that there are still plenty of stories to tell in the game.

•  

lol SWEET I WANT 4!

If they did a New Republic Legacy timeline I would be down for it. Lots of Jedi, lots of BH's, lots of Sith. What is there not to like? Right now I think so many people hate SOE due to their forced change from LA they want to blame SOE for everything and let LA off scotch free and hope that the next SWG won't be boned by LA again. As long as they keep to the story line it will be fine, but the second they introduced Jedi into SWG was the day the game fell apart in my opinion.

Edit** Don't get me wrong I don't mind SWG in the least, but I gave up hope for story line when they released Jedi.

• Jenus1Jenus1 Member Posts: 162

Thanks for clearing things sup, obraik.

Pre-cu Fanbois,
    There will be no rollback.
    Go outside - Get a life,
    It's not coming back.
    We arn't giving you your game-back.
    So go outside, and realize that you've wasted 2 years.
    Pre-cu Fanbois.

• hipiaphipiap Member UncommonPosts: 393

I could handle a roll back to cu or pre-cu.

But you kids get going on about "jedi should be rare."

Ok...so that means you can't be one.  Only Jedi allowed are Luke, Yoda, Vader, Emperor and whomever is around from the EU.

MMO History: 2528 days in SW:G

• TeiraaTeiraa Member UncommonPosts: 447

I don't care much what SOE officially says, since all that can be wrong.

But this logo looks fake. Much too similar to SWG Current (just compare how much the EQ2 logo differs from the EQ logo).

• MikeMBMikeMB Member Posts: 272

Originally posted by wolfmann

I would play if it was a continuation of SWG-PreCU, where they stuck to canon/continuity and made it Star Wars.

However, if the game was a continuation of SWG-NGE, I would avoid it like the black plague itself. Not only because it's a bad bad bad game, but also because the limitations of classes destroys the Star Wars feel of the characters ( Solo was an officer, smuggler, trader, soldier, and same can be said for all characters in Star Wars).
    That would last a week if they ever did it.

See when the game was first being made, there was sooooo much outcry for Player Jedi. I really think that the outcry made SOE or LA or well both push Jedi into the game. Not only that due to my time spent with Raph Koster at the helm of Ultima Online, I really believe it was an idea that he just couldn't pass up.

• talanisentalanisen Member Posts: 46

http://swg2.ytmnd.com/
    What do you guys think? Fake photoshopped just for attention?  Does SWG even have enough popularity to launch a successful sequel - from SOE nonetheless?  As much as I want for 'Star Wars' to have an amazing MMORPG, too many players may be too hurt from the past still.  IF SOE somehow, and I'm talking 'MAGICALLY' here, was able to make an outstanding Star Wars MMORPG -would you play?
    Personally while I am sad about the game's current state, I would... if they made an outstanding Star Wars mmorpg... if...

Almost certainly a fake. While another Star Wars MMO is almost a certainty at *some* point, the "SWG" brand has taken way too big of a negative hit to be reused.

• talanisentalanisen Member Posts: 46

Originally posted by Obraik

lol SWEET I WANT 4!

From http://www.mmo-gamer.com/?p=281:

The MMO Gamer: What about a sequel? EverQuest 2 was announced around this time in EverQuest’s lifecycle.

Jake Neri: There are currently no sequels planned. We remain committed to SWG and feel that there are still plenty of stories to tell in the game.

While this does appear to rule out a sequel, it's not like that's a big surprise. Only an idiot would create a sequel to a product that has had as many problems as SWG.

It does not, however, in any way rule out another Star Wars themed MMO.

• Only a fool would throw money down a "SWG2" blackhole.

• MathosMathos Member Posts: 897

Id play it maybe depends on who's running it and who's calling the shots.

Bate and switch me once shame on me, bate and switch me too times same on you, a third time well....

• bedolla3401bedolla3401 Member Posts: 293

lol SWEET I WANT 4!

If they did a New Republic Legacy timeline I would be down for it. Lots of Jedi, lots of BH's, lots of Sith. What is there not to like? Right now I think so many people hate SOE due to their forced change from LA they want to blame SOE for everything and let LA off scotch free and hope that the next SWG won't be boned by LA again. As long as they keep to the story line it will be fine, but the second they introduced Jedi into SWG was the day the game fell apart in my opinion.

Edit** Don't get me wrong I don't mind SWG in the least, but I gave up hope for story line when they released Jedi.

i agree make the game either this timeline or KOTOR timeline either way it would be sweet

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Thread was necroed. Locing it.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.