Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

who`s going to buy gw2?

Comments

• korimakorima Member Posts: 3

From what I've heard, it sounds fairly similiar to The World and R:2 since there will be multiple races to play as, an (idk if this is true, friend told me this) PvE + PvP area, and the ability to jump, etc... Plus you can buy the headset (if you can afford another $300 ) which would pretty much sum it up to nearly The World. Also, the graphics are similair, the 'wave' signs on necromancers and monks (and probably a variety of other proffessions i haven't explored yet =P)...

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

What headset are you talking about?

All I know is that it's going to be the same Guild Wars we know, but you will just be allowed to play different races, use the Z-Axis and PvP in The Mists.

• korimakorima Member Posts: 3

It's a seperate headset i saw in a gamers magazine. Alot of people in our school use it to play WoW and GW

• LonelyOneLonelyOne Member Posts: 11

Ya I think ill wait a month or so to see what others think of it. Im sure that it will be a good game since Gw been working on it for good amount of time.   They wont let their success fail in sure to be good sequel.

• EssaNationEssaNation Member Posts: 4

I probably will buy GW2, but I'd like to see some more info on the game first.

• trontrontrontron Member Posts: 1

I will be getting it as well, been playing for 36+ months, gonna get it on release

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

can t wait for it. I love GW1 and GW2 i m sure will be better. That being said i play it along a P2P MMO it s a great second game :) Wife and i have a blast with it.

• ipod80gbipod80gb Member Posts: 90

i'll buy for the sake of playing PvP... i like Gwars because u dont have to grind much to get into the action

• exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301
  • wardog250wardog250 Member Posts: 249
    Originally posted by gil0

who is sure to buy GW2? i was wondering how many people that will be.
    I think i wait a month and then buy it so i know what other people think of it.

All depends on what I think about the first one.  lol

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. - Galileo Galilei

• TheDarkDrowTheDarkDrow Member Posts: 8

I fully intend to... Guild Wars hasn't let me down yet, and as far as MMORPGs go... it's the best on the market in terms of no monthly fees, and awesome teamplay/questing.

• MicsHuMicsHu Member Posts: 5

I will maby buy it in release, but do somebody know when it come out...

• aristoculousaristoculous Member Posts: 159
    Originally posted by TheDarkDrow

I fully intend to... Guild Wars hasn't let me down yet, and as far as MMORPGs go... it's the best on the market in terms of no monthly fees, and awesome teamplay/questing.

heh considering its not an mmo (anyone says otherwise would be calling diablo2 an mmo :P )

• DraccanDraccan Member Posts: 1,050

I will buy it if it looks any good. Depends on a lot of things.

I didn't play the first one and never will. I am not a big fan of extensive use of zoning and instances. But it seems it will not be as bad in GW2, so maybe it will be cool.

They have already proved they can deliver a succes...

But these days I need more than the GW / WoW generic fantasy with spamming the same buttons in queues... So I hope they up the ante here..

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Originally posted by aristoculous

heh considering its not an mmo (anyone says otherwise would be calling diablo2 an mmo :P )

This argument is getting old and lame.. technically it's not a mmo but most ppl consider it mmo. That's why almost every reviewer and site compered gw to mmos.

I will propably buy GW2 if it will be as good as the first one.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Ill buy it. GW1 is still the best programmed game I ever played. And i support the no monthly fee policy.

Originally posted by aristoculous

Find something else to complain about...whether you may agree or not, it is an MMO. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be listed on this site anyway.

• k-i-s-s-roxk-i-s-s-rox Member Posts: 16

im not as it slows down computers horribly and my computer is 3gb ram and 800g of hard drive!

I take it you're talking about Guild Wars 1 "slowing down computers?"

Well out of my personal experience, Guild Wars has one of the, if not the most efficient game-client I have experienced. In the past I played on a PC with 512Mb of RAM and a GeForce 7300GS graphics card and got framerates of +- 30FPS. I doubt Guild Wars is what's causing the slowdown on your PC...

• mentalynutsmentalynuts Member Posts: 80

I heard guild wars franchise was bought out buy blizzard some time back not sure if true or not but if it is no way on earth im playing it.

Nope...didn't happen. Are you sure you aren't confusing it with the fact that a number of lead developers are ex-Blizzard employees?

• mentalynutsmentalynuts Member Posts: 80

ah thats probably it thanks for info then ill most likely give it try

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Lydon
    Find something else to complain about...whether you may agree or not, it is an MMO. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be listed on this site anyway.

Actually, Arenanet themselves call it a CORPG but anyways will GW2 be a real MMO, at least that what Jeff Strain said in PC gamer a few months ago.

• shoneilshoneil Member Posts: 16

i will definantly play gw2 being a norn or charr would pwn

do work

Originally posted by Loke666

Originally posted by Lydon

Actually, Arenanet themselves call it a CORPG but anyways will GW2 be a real MMO, at least that what Jeff Strain said in PC gamer a few months ago.

That has been established a number of times, but as I said...it is widely considered as an MMO.