Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Loot, items, only as text...?

AcquireAcquire Member UncommonPosts: 4

My first MMO was L2 and I really loved how items dropped as a "whole" item on the ground.  I know everything in a game is virtual - but it just made me feel like the item was real.  Nothing like killing a mob and seeing a sword sticking in the ground or a piece of armor... really liked it.

I moved onto WoW and recently TR... those games the loot/items are just text.  I've seen a few other screenshots here and there and it appears the trend is just text now or a text window.  : (

Anyways, as a novice in the whole genre of mmorpg's I was wondering if some of the experienced players could shed their opinions on this... Is there a trend for text only loot/items in newer games?  Is it because the clutter from people just tossing stuff on the ground they dont want rather then dragging to trashcan?  Was L2 just an exception and most games have always been just text?

O yea, if anyone has the time could they list a few games that render items the way I like?