Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Something 'deeper'...

honnajahonnaja Member Posts: 2

Hi :)

I'm looking for a game that has the beauty and vastness of 'Guild Wars', the roleplay of a good MuD, or failing that, just a nice, friendly, mature, humorous community!!, and the cool trading system of 'Thang'.  I dislike grind: don't get me wrong, I don't mind working for something, but I just get so bored of killing the same thing over and over to advance. I like that GW has such a low level cap because it's not all about level then. Games where everyone's hung up about level aren't really my thing. I'd rather players have different things to do and have different ways of admiring each other: because someone's good at crafting, or great at exploring, or a great trader, or Roleplayer, or Quester, or yeah, even a great hunter, if that's your thing..

GW crashes a lot for me of recent months, so till I can upgrade, it's on hold. I like 'Thang' but find it rather 'shallow'. The aim is to level: that's basically it. I LOVE the trading system though: you can set up shop and go out for the day and leave yourself sitting there with your 'stall' open and come back later to find you've sold stuff. Of course, you can also buy from other players' shops and do a bit of 'wheelin' 'n' dealin'' :D That's my main gripe with GW - if you want to sell stuff, you have to stand around shouting about each thing you want to sell... then you get muppets coming up to you who clearly didn't 'listen' (read) properly what you're offering! My other half also doesn't fancy GW and I'd like to find something we both can both play. We both like Thang, but it only holds us for short bursts. It has some fantastic qualities, but unfortunately also has it's fair share of negatives.

I've got Planeshift, Thang, GW, EL, Second Life on my PC.. also Regnum Online, which didn't grab me, though I was only in there for about ten minutes. I'd like something Free preferably, but paying a one-off fee (like GW), or optional payments (like Thang) is okay for a decent game. My OH likes 'typical boys' games': AA, golf, snooker, Op. Flashpoint. The only PS game we really got into and played together was Syphon Filter, so I don't mind wielding a gun and sneaking about: I've also enjoyed MGS, Tomb Raider, FFVII and FFVIII, among others..

Anyway, getting carried away. There are so many games out there. There surely is a game to suit everyone. I've got Voyage Century downloading at the moment.. my PC's going to be a mess trying out all these games.

Thanks for reading :)

Comments

• numb3rsnumb3rs Member Posts: 1

I havent played that many MMO's but i do know Anarchy Online has a free version available.  And although they have monthly fee's attatched to them, WoW and EQ2 are both sweet games and have 2 week trial/demo's you can try out. 

• honnajahonnaja Member Posts: 2

Thanks. I tried EQ a long while back and wasn't taken. Some of my GW friends have 'defected' to WoW but it doesn't appeal to me. AO is on my list of games to try, so thanks for reinforcing that: not sure I'll get into the 'spacey' thing, but it's gotta be worth checking out.