Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Payment Method Poll.

Comments

• suu141suu141 Member Posts: 249

Originally posted by Valentina

Well I'm pretty sure it'll end up being Traditional, I hope anyway. Does NCsoft even have any Micro-Transaction games?

Off Topic for a sec: That Hybrid Alien race thing on Tabula Rasa seems really cool.

NCSoft published Xsteel and dungeon runners, they're micro transaction-F2P. I think they published more item-mall types but they're Korea/Asia-only released games.

<Edit> lol I spelled Exteel wrong...  >.>

"When you're born you're naked, when you die you're naked again, and in-between all we do is work, eat, and play MMOs." ~Forum Warrior #141

• Simba_dgoSimba_dgo Member Posts: 5

Micro-Transaction
    because some one dont have a credit card (like me) for payment and cant play a game.

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

http://eu.plaync.com/eu/games/gtc/

You can use those cards, you can probably buy them on many online shops with bank transfer, and some shops in your country, or:

http://www.paysafecard.com/

You buy their cards in any shop near your home and they will give you internet money to use as you please, or:

You go to a bank near your house, preferabily a well known one as some local ones don't have the service, ask them for a cyber-card or something along those lines, Im aware a lot of banks in Europe have those, there, you deposit money, and you can pay on internet like if you had a credit card.

you don't need a credit card with NC games. Hope it helped.

• Simba_dgoSimba_dgo Member Posts: 5

didnt know that.  thanks

• asasenpaiasasenpai Member Posts: 124

Paying monthly for this game is a ripoff.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Traditionnal.

Although I have no idea what AION is worth, and would only know after I play it.

Is it worth the $15 a month?  I have no idea and will see once I play it.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

Originally posted by asasenpai

You, being the one who said WoW had to be free, I'll take this with a bit of salt.

Originally posted by asasenpai

Hrm. Did you play the beta and found out the quality of this game is similar to other free-to-play games?

Other than selfish reasons, please explain why this P2P game is a ripoff? Otherwise I'm going assume you have no idea how much time and effort the 150+ development team put into Aion and think they deserve to work for peanuts while maintaining the servers.

"When you're born you're naked, when you die you're naked again, and in-between all we do is work, eat, and play MMOs." ~Forum Warrior #141

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080

I'll never understand why people think these kinds of games should be entirely free.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

I'll never understand why people think these kinds of games should be entirely free.

No game can be free.  They exist to make money for their developers, so if a fee isn't paid up front, then the company is forced to develop alternative methods to encourage you to send them money. 

Failing to raise revenue from the player base with one of these methods and the game quality begins to suffer.

People might gnash their teeth over players making themselves more powerful/better looking with micro transaction purchases, but I find total freeloaders to be the offensive ones, not the players who actually pay the bills by supporting the game.

A person tells me they play a game and pay nothing, ever and all I think of is, "wow, now there's a total loser." (except of course in EVE, where many folks earn enough ISK in game to pay for all of their accounts, while other players spend money buying them timecards which still support the game)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LeemegLeemeg Member UncommonPosts: 230

Normal monthly fee and no item mall.

Better to know what to pay upfront than having a game where you don't really know what it costs.

--
    Leemeg.

• KharmedKharmed Member Posts: 101

Thank's Virgo. Haha I love it! It's one of the merchant races in Aion :P

Glad you like it, I made them for aionsource ;)

P.S I prefer monthly payment.

Originally posted by Kyleran

No game can be free.  They exist to make money for their developers, so if a fee isn't paid up front, then the company is forced to develop alternative methods to encourage you to send them money. 

Failing to raise revenue from the player base with one of these methods and the game quality begins to suffer.

People might gnash their teeth over players making themselves more powerful/better looking with micro transaction purchases, but I find total freeloaders to be the offensive ones, not the players who actually pay the bills by supporting the game.

A person tells me they play a game and pay nothing, ever and all I think of is, "wow, now there's a total loser." (except of course in EVE, where many folks earn enough ISK in game to pay for all of their accounts, while other players spend money buying them timecards which still support the game)

I'd rather not argue about this but, a game can be entirely free. It's possible for a company to rely entirely on in-game advertisement for revenue. Of course, revenue from sponsors will be extremely small so most likely they won't risk more than 1-2 million in development. End result will be a piece of garbage, but nevertheless it's free for those who can't afford anything else. Basically free TV with commercials.

The whole point of F2P/micro-transaction games is to invite those freeloaders in hopes of some will eventually turn into paying costumers. Those who support the game are um... "rewarded", otherwise it's just a never-ending free trial with limited game play. Yulgang(SoF) is a good example of a successful FTP/Item-mall. Since it's F2P, over it's life-time in Asia it attracted 70 million people of which 35 million turned into paying customers.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080

Originally posted by Kharmed

Thank's Virgo. Haha I love it! It's one of the merchant races in Aion :P

Glad you like it, I made them for aionsource ;)

P.S I prefer monthly payment.

I know! I'm a part of AionSource, Its funny there..

And me too.

• AldogoAldogo Member Posts: 30

Traditional

With free updates like in L2 i hope

• isurusisurus Member Posts: 396

Originally posted by Aldogo
    Traditional

With free updates like in L2 i hope

Agree 100%.

Updates/expansions should be covered by the monthly fee.

And NO to item malls.

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

No matter what the poll says or other people think it should be, it will have a typical monthly fee period. I don't see NCSoft diverging away from type of payment method anytime soon either.

• NCSoftwareNCSoftware Member Posts: 12

Currently the testing is in closed beta. At the moment the game is priced, according to NCsoft, at $14.99/month flat fee but this may be subject to change.

• AyaseAyase Aion Community CoordinatorMember Posts: 118

Originally posted by NCSoftware

Currently the testing is in closed beta. At the moment the game is priced, according to NCsoft, at $14.99/month flat fee but this may be subject to change.

We have not yet announced the business model, and even less so - pricing - for Aion.

So, no, not 'according to NCsoft', I'm afraid. Sorry. ;)

---
    Sebastian Streiffert
    Community Representative - Aion

Follow my twitter! aion_ayase
    * In order to cover my back, things I write are of course subject to change.

• HanseiHansei Member Posts: 8

traditional monthly fee is good

• ziphiazziphiaz Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by Ayase

Originally posted by NCSoftware

We have not yet announced the business model, and even less so - pricing - for Aion.

So, no, not 'according to NCsoft', I'm afraid. Sorry. ;)

So you're saying that this game maybe will be without monthly fee?? and btw where do i sign up for the closed beta??

hihi!"#?%&/

• Ita+ChupsIta+Chups Member Posts: 70

Originally posted by ziphiaz

So you're saying that this game maybe will be without monthly fee?? and btw where do i sign up for the closed beta??

It will probably be a monthly fee. I'm purely guessing this but it seems very probable to me that it will use the same payment method as Lineage and L2.

You can't join beta yet if you're not from Korea, and the Korean beta is still 'closed'. They're using specific PC bangs to play it too. (PC bang is Asian internet cafe)

There's some info on the official site etc if you want to find some. Not that much info but enough to see the game etc you know, and some movies online too.

• ApocamentusApocamentus Member UncommonPosts: 142

micro payments blatantly suck!

Will

Playing: Xsyon.
    Played:
    image image image
    Tried: Ultima Online, Everquest 2, Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures, Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning, Flyff, Perfect World, Silkroad Online, EVE Online, Ryzom.

• EverSkellyEverSkelly Member UncommonPosts: 341

Monthly payment and NO item shop is the only way if you want a BALANCED game.

• yangshen9yangshen9 Member Posts: 3

NCsoft will not make any of it's game NOT traditional monthly payment....not with their 50million US annual profit.. nope.