Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comp vs. 360

Comments

• lordtwistedlordtwisted Member UncommonPosts: 570

Originally posted by sinjin

Originally posted by rapt0r0

Since this game will be released on the 360 as well as comp i was wondering a few things...
    1. How are they servers going to work? Mixed? Segregated?
    2. How much control will be able to be obtained on computer if the game is also set up for a controller with less amount of buttons and abilities?
    2 1/2. Will they be different games or will the computer have to be dumbed down control wise to make it closer to the 360?
    Actually I can answer these questions they have been already answered on the offical boards long ago.

1. The servers will be segregated. Console client's will play together and PC client's  will play together.  They stated the two would not be able to play together.

2. the game will be dumbed down for console due to the limited buttons and movement one can do with a controller.  The PC version of the game will be far more advance and cumbersome with the use of the full keyboard.

3. Once again it is like apples to oranges here, most games that are for PC and Console tend to differ in content.  I find the PC version of video games have way more depth and content than a console version.

Also the version of Conan for the Xbox 360 will be a hack and slash type of the game vs. the complete mmo version the PC will recieve.  The games are totally separate and should not be compared in quality of gameplay.

Till then see you on the flip side.

Wow, nice opinions....because that is all they are until you link a source to this information.

If they are unable to pull off what square did years ago, I would be disappointed. I thought this was a good developer....

amd your #3 is another pathetic attempt at talking smack towards consoles. Funny how so many  games are direct ports from PC to console these days....but you feel they need to be dumbed down to operate...well they aren't, most of them are direct ports, exactly like the PC version.

Not so nice guy!

In fact here is the only comment on a console version on the official website

11.12 Are there any console versions planned?

We have stated that we would like all future Funcom MMOs to be released on consoles, but we haven’t made any announcements when it comes to this for Age of Conan

Not so nice guy!

Here, 15 minutes of google search got me this.... and interview with one of the directors of AOC...

QJ: You've mentioned a more visceral approach to combat in Age of Conan's combat system, do attacks rely on mouse gestures? If so, how does this translate to the Xbox 360 controller?

Tharaldsen: Your approach to the combat system I think depends on where you are coming from, and which class you choose to play. If you are used to, for instance, World of Warcraft I would think some would start out by clicking with the mouse, but as soon as you understand how much more fun an MMO can be with more active control we anticipate people to shift to direct control as opposed to using the mouse. (for instance, in high level melee you would use 1,2,3.Q and E to direct your sword in different direction).

Seeing how things have turned out today, and the "leap of faith" our Game Director Gaute Godager took on the active combat system years ago, I am incredibly proud by working on a game which truly pushes the MMO barriers. I think that what we have now is much more than just an evolution of MMO combat, it is a revolution.

How it translates to an Xbox 360 controller? Great, of course (but I would say that anyways wouldn't I). That was one of the initial ideas Gaute thought about; how to make a system working on both consoles and PC, while at the same time being true to the “hands-on crushing skulls” Conan license.

QJ: Can Xbox 360 players expect a demo, or a beta testing period?

Tharaldsen: Yes, of course, we must always beta our MMO releases. IF you wouldn’t it could very easily led to disaster. The Xbox 360 version comes after the PC version though, so right now our main beta focus is on the PC version.

QJ: How have you found development on the 360 platform? You've mentioned that the Windows DirectX 10 version of the game will be visually superior, are there any DX10 specific features of the game you'll be able to implement on 360 hardware?

Tharaldsen: Working with Microsoft I think is a great experience in general, but I also know that there isn’t really anyone to learn from when it comes MMO’s on a console. Final Fantasy XI really doesn’t count that much in that regards as they were more of a port, so it means we have to learn ourselves a lot of new stuff. Seeing how complex a MMO is to create in the first place it is naturally not a walk in the park. That makes all the more interesting though, and I truly think that our active combat system is perfect for the consoles.

The Xbox 360 does not have a DX10 system, so sadly you won’t see those features there, but the game also looks stunning on DX9.

QJ: You've announced that development is currently underway for the Xbox 360 and PC, but if the product proves popular enough and there's an obvious desire from that camp of gamers, is there any possibility of a PS3 version of the game coming out somewhere down the line at all?

Tharaldsen: I don’t think you should ever rule that out as you don’t know what the future holds, but it is not something we are working on at the moment. Right now our main focus is getting a fantastic PC version out next March, followed by a fantastic 360 version after that.

source : http://mmorpg.qj.net/QJ-NET-Age-of-Conan-Hyborian-Adventures-interview-with-Jorgen-Tharaldsen/pg/49/aid/106462

Not so nice guy!

• TDU13TDU13 Member Posts: 44

thats what we are looking for. credible info with a source.

• rapt0r0rapt0r0 Member Posts: 93

Thank you, I was just looking for an answer to my questions and the source of the knowledge. I was not looking for a sadistic, arrogant speech about how "arrogant" PC players are towards console gamers. I was looking for a kind response that answered my questions.  It seems its a matter of opinion of how much control you will have with a gamepad vs. a keyboard/mouse. But I do not know very much about the inner workings and hardware of the 360 and was hoping someone could politely shed some light on it for me in terms of being able to run a game that might have a great number of characters in one area... Someone mentioned COD4 and battlefield and i can only recall from seeing it played that at the most there are 60 players per server. I was wondering how will the 360 handle if there are more then 100 players in a zone (along with fights/duels/chat and what not). This is where the question of AoC for 360, will it be a different game or will it be the same just 360 format? Because when I played SWG and WoW and even TR, for this matter, the guild I was in ended up doing events that I doubted a 360 could handle.

Okay, first, most of my original post, was not directed at your topic starting post....it was directed at the typical responses to one of these post...I am fed up with the arrogant, illiterate, unable to research a topic before they post PC useing consolist...yes I made that word up...

Those are the people that automatically post  things like ,"They will have to dumbed it down for the 360". or, "They can't port it to the 360 because you need a keyboard". ,and one of my favorites, "You can't make the 360 and the PC on the same server, it doesn't work that way".

Well in answer.......

The only thing that won't work on the 360 that does work on the PC...if you have a new video card is DX10. the 360 can not support it, at least not yet, and because of this, will have slightly less graphics ability. But from my above cut and paste of an interview they stated that the game looks beautiful even in DX9.

The 360 can handle a keyboard and a mouse, but the 360 controller is a marvel in itself, and as someone stated earlier, they play WoW with a controller rather then a keyboard.....and as my previous post with the cut and paste interview showed, the developer took the controller into consideration when they designed the UI, so I doubt it will be a problem....

As far as the 360 and the PC being on the same server, they have so far refused to answer this question, i am sure they plan on it being on the same server, and it is possible, FFXI proved that, but so far FFXI is the only one that has managed to make it work well....so until they try to do it, I doubt we will know, I would like to see them be the same server, due to the fact that a lot of my old guild will be playing on PC's and only a few will play on 360's.

As to the specifications you asked about..here is the official specs for the 360 as you can see for yourself, this would be some what comparable to a mid-powered dell  and unless I am missing something is more then capable of running AOC:

Xbox 360 Technical Specifications

General

General Power requirements:

Refer to ratings plate on power supply unit

Dimensions (approximate):

310 x 80 x 260 mm (12 x 3 x 10 in)

Mass (approximate):

3.5 kg (7.7 lb)

Operating temperature:

5 °C to 35 °C (41 °F to 95 °F)

Inputs/Outputs

• Memory Unit ports (2)
    • USB ports (2 front, 1 rear)
    • Ethernet port
    • AV Port
    • DC IN power port
    • IR remote receiver
    • Wireless: 2.4 GHz Digital Spread Spectrum (up to four players)

Custom PowerPC-based CPU

• 3 symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz
    • 2 hardware threads per core (6 hardware threads total)
    • 1 MB L2 cache
    • 2.7GHz Front Side Bus

Custom ATI Graphics

• Processor 500 MHz clock speed
    • 10 MB embedded DRAM (256GB/s)
    • 48-way parallel floating-point dynamically scheduled shader pipelines
    • Unified shader architecture

Memory

• 512 MB GDDR3 RAM
    • Unified memory architecture

Not so nice guy!

Also thought I would add the live support with headsets my set the console gamers above the PC gamers who don't use Vent or Teamspeak.

Not so nice guy!

ok cool thanks. So it should be able to handle it np. And the servers we will have to see about. The UI is supposed to work with both Console and PC. Thanks exactly the answers i was looking for thank you.

• EuthorusEuthorus Member Posts: 491

Originally posted by lordtwisted

I can't help but laugh at these threads...

Okay, someone said that why would anyone want to buy a game <for the 360> for $60 bucks, then be required to buy a keyboard/mouse?
     Well, let me say....if I bought AoC for my 360, I would be able to use my current USB keyboard and mouse set up......where as, if I by AoC for my computer I will have to buy a new video card....hmmm, I will buy it for the 360...

Those that say, "They will have to dumb the game down for the 360" are already dumbed down themselves. The 360 exceeds my current computer in everything, and other then my video card AoC would run just fine on my system.
      The controls will have to be dumbed down for the UI, because a keyboard has 104 keys, and your controller only has 14 buttons!.....
      Hmmm, how many of your keys do you use on your keyboard other then when you are "texting" eachother? Attack, quick attack keys 1-9.....and your arrow keys.....maybe tab for targeting...
      And to the one person who lacks research skills, when he makes a post saying "PC and consoles are always on seperate servers" wake up and smell the FFXI.

And to clear it all up, FFXI was a highly successful game that adapted to allow the PC and PS2 to play together, on the same servers.....the PS2's limitations? None if you utilized a keyboard...without a keyboard, you had a hell of a time talking to anyone, other then that...still no problem playing.  They went on to include the Xbox360 when it released, and low and behold, it worked! OMFG! a multi-platform MMO???? what will they come up with next?
     Pull your arrogant PC playing heads out of your butts and wake up, it's a whole new world out there, we have Ipods, Iphones, next gen games, and next gen consoles.
      Hell, I am suprised they didn't suggest comming out with a cell phone version too.
    All I heard was blah blah blah - I have a cheap ass PC that I am too broke to upgrade. There is NO console on the market today that can stand up to a well-configured PC in graphics/sound quality.

</end_of_discussion>

FUNCOM - putting the FUN in disFUNctional !

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    Originally posted by Euthorus

Okay, someone said that why would anyone want to buy a game <for the 360> for $60 bucks, then be required to buy a keyboard/mouse?
     Well, let me say....if I bought AoC for my 360, I would be able to use my current USB keyboard and mouse set up......where as, if I by AoC for my computer I will have to buy a new video card....hmmm, I will buy it for the 360...

Those that say, "They will have to dumb the game down for the 360" are already dumbed down themselves. The 360 exceeds my current computer in everything, and other then my video card AoC would run just fine on my system.
      The controls will have to be dumbed down for the UI, because a keyboard has 104 keys, and your controller only has 14 buttons!.....
      Hmmm, how many of your keys do you use on your keyboard other then when you are "texting" eachother? Attack, quick attack keys 1-9.....and your arrow keys.....maybe tab for targeting...
      And to the one person who lacks research skills, when he makes a post saying "PC and consoles are always on seperate servers" wake up and smell the FFXI.

And to clear it all up, FFXI was a highly successful game that adapted to allow the PC and PS2 to play together, on the same servers.....the PS2's limitations? None if you utilized a keyboard...without a keyboard, you had a hell of a time talking to anyone, other then that...still no problem playing.  They went on to include the Xbox360 when it released, and low and behold, it worked! OMFG! a multi-platform MMO???? what will they come up with next?
     Pull your arrogant PC playing heads out of your butts and wake up, it's a whole new world out there, we have Ipods, Iphones, next gen games, and next gen consoles.
      Hell, I am suprised they didn't suggest comming out with a cell phone version too.
    All I heard was blah blah blah - I have a cheap ass PC that I am too broke to upgrade. There is NO console on the market today that can stand up to a well-configured PC in graphics/sound quality.

</end_of_discussion>

What a well thought out and intelligent response. Please keep proving peoples point about the arrogance of some pc owners. I love that tried and true comeback of "You are just to poor to upgrade your pc" classic! Its never just a matter of choice lol!

No signature, I don't have a pen

Originally posted by Euthorus

</end_of_discussion>

See you are one of the "Eliteist" creeps. The problem is, you feel the console has to live up to an extreme gaming PC...but see my  cheap ass PC can run AOC, I just don't care too. Why would I bother, when I have a console that is completely built for one thing, and that one thing is games.....

now it is </end_of_discussion>

Not so nice guy!

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

Can't it ever be about just how lazy one is?

If I get home from work and don't want to bother with my computer and instead want to play the game on a big clear 48x36" HD LCD screen while resting on a big cushy leather couch, I would full well intend on playing on the 360.

If it's been a lazy day and I want to look at something pointlessly detailed and sparkly just so I can show off to...myself I guess? I would intend on booting up my PC with it's dual 8800s and cutting edge components (dun worry, I'll get 3 9800s for my next comp )  and it's 36x28" screen and blind myself from a couple feet away.

And what's this? Both have surround sound? Both can use a keyboard/mouse OR a controller? Both are just the same game that's being played just from two different locations and for two slightly different reasons?

Holy crap, I think I just realized that no matter where I play, the only difference will be slight graphics quality and the size of the screen I'm on...

EDIT: Got the dimensions of my comp screen wrong. :P 38x28" All hail money?

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

My 360 is in my bedroom on a 46 inch widescreen, but not HD, I am too poor to update the TV just yet. But I do have a very expensive Sleep numbers bed with the motorized fram that can put me up in a full sitting postion while in bed. It's a great way to play. 

Not so nice guy!

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by PoopyStuff

Be prepared for a horrible game.
    PC gamers and console gamers don't mix.
    Oil and water.

Yeah I agree with this one. First sign that this game will not be as good as everyone seems to believe it will be.

It will be another casual WoW in disguise which is a shame since the Conan IP is one of the coolest out there. But LOTR turned out to be a casual piece of crap and, the more info that is released about this game, I am starting to believe that AoC wont be much better.

I mean just look at their site and who they have as the icon of this game. One would think it would be Conan because well the name is Age of CONAN but it is some playboy bunny look a like. No, this game is not The Game that everyone is waiting for.

• singsofdeathsingsofdeath Member UncommonPosts: 1,812

Originally posted by Yamota

Oil and water.

Yeah I agree with this one. First sign that this game will not be as good as everyone seems to believe it will be.

It will be another casual WoW in disguise which is a shame since the Conan IP is one of the coolest out there. But LOTR turned out to be a casual piece of crap and, the more info that is released about this game, I am starting to believe that AoC wont be much better.

I mean just look at their site and who they have as the icon of this game. One would think it would be Conan because well the name is Age of CONAN but it is some playboy bunny look a like. No, this game is not The Game that everyone is waiting for.

This is, to date, the strangest reason I have ever heard someone give for the supposed "failure" of AoC. I mean, this site is full of threads were people pick apart every aspect of the game and have come up with the strangest reasons why the game will fail, but this is really the No. 1 for me. What in the Nine Hells makes you believe the game will be bad because there's a picture of a girl on the Homepage???

Apart from that, I personally had a lot of fun in FFXI so I am not quite so afraid of this Console/PC issue. *shrug* Besides, the game will likely need another year of development before it comes out for the console, at least that's what I've gathered. So there's plenty of time to play without Console people around.

I won't even begin discussing the WoW comparison. That's just....nah.

• GuintuGuintu Member UncommonPosts: 320
    Originally posted by spbrooke

This one of the first MMO's that will be releaseed on the 360, won't is?  Will be interesting to see how the sales go.

Oil and water.
    Regarding this I dout it will matter.  I can't see how they wouldn't mix, they are both playing the same game, so you would think they have played an MMO, or at least an RPG before.  Which means the probably like to play those types of games, which makes them (in a way) the same type of gamer.  Just because they use a console, doesn't mean they won't mix.

Huxley is another MMO thats being made for both the pc and the 360 but its an MMOFPS

Originally posted by singsofdeath

This is, to date, the strangest reason I have ever heard someone give for the supposed "failure" of AoC. I mean, this site is full of threads were people pick apart every aspect of the game and have come up with the strangest reasons why the game will fail, but this is really the No. 1 for me. What in the Nine Hells makes you believe the game will be bad because there's a picture of a girl on the Homepage???

I didnt mean to say that this game will fail just because of the pin-up girl on their site, I didnt even say the game will fail in the first place. What I said is that this game wont be all that it is hyped up to be and the main reason I think that is that the more I read about the game the more mainstream and casual this game seems to become. The only thing truly original I hear is the combat system, the rest, such as PvP, just seems a rehash of other MMORPGs. And now the XBox compatibility...

However, being a Conan fan since child, I find it stupid that they use a pin-up girl to advertise this game (altough I understand their reason for doing so). The Conan stories are full of sexy girls yes, but those that you remember (such as Valerus from the movie or Sonja from the books) is not their sex appeal, neither of them were portrayed to be particulary attractive, but rather their fierce fighting skills. But even so they should use Conan as an icon for this game, not some unknown sexy girl that noone has ever heard of.

If nothing else they should use Arnold to advertise this game because I am pretty sure that he is what most people (hardcore fans not included) identify as Conan.

I didnt mean to say that this game will fail just because of the pin-up girl on their site, I didnt even say the game will fail in the first place. What I said is that this game wont be all that it is hyped up to be and the main reason I think that is that the more I read about the game the more mainstream and casual this game seems to become. The only thing truly original I hear is the combat system, the rest, such as PvP, just seems a rehash of other MMORPGs. And now the XBox compatibility...

However, being a Conan fan since child, I find it stupid that they use a pin-up girl to advertise this game (altough I understand their reason for doing so). The Conan stories are full of sexy girls yes, but those that you remember (such as Valerus from the movie or Sonja from the books) is not their sex appeal, neither of them were portrayed to be particulary attractive, but rather their fierce fighting skills. But even so they should use Conan as an icon for this game, not some unknown sexy girl that noone has ever heard of.

If nothing else they should use Arnold to advertise this game because I am pretty sure that he is what most people (hardcore fans not included) identify as Conan.

I am pretty sure that the Governator is exactly what they DON'T want on their game. They're making the game based off the lore of the books, not the Movies. I see your reasoning and yes, it might attract a few people who otherwise don#t have a clue about Conan, but I, personally, am rather glad they didn't use the image of Arnold on the game at all.

As for the sexy girl on the page....of course the obvious reason for putting her there (although there's lots of other pictures on the rest of the page by the way), is probably one of the main reasons, but I don#t see your problem with that. Advertisement uses sexy women since like...a long long time and in this particular case, in the world of Howard where such women are abundant, I don#t see how you can possibly subject to the picture.

As for AoC being mainstream...they never claimed they'd build the genre from square one again. They have ideas and improvements and those they will implement and we will see how they work out. That remains to be seen.

porting this game over to the 360 gives this game a potential 17 million more players, 17 million more players that you won't even know are on a 360 until they tell you.

Just like FFXI  I could play with you on my PC, or my PS2 and you would not know which one I was on. I know because i tested this with a lot of players during my time there.

I even disconnected, switch from the PC to the PS2 and logged back in and got back in my group saying, "Sorry got dropped" and none of them noticed I changed platforms.

The fear of the console being included in the building of AoC is an irrational fear, and should be placed right up there with the fear of change.  It is destined to happen, there is nothing you can do about it, and we still fear it....

And as I see it, porting the game over to the 360 has always been in the plan, just never promised, as an article I posted earlier in this thread stated, they had designed the UI with the intention of being able to port it over to use on the 360 controller. So I will ASSUME that the rest of the game was pretty much design with the same intentions, and therefore a port over to the 360 will most likely take a rough 6 to 8 months.

I expect that if they make this new launch date for the PC we will see the 360 port for the end of year holidays.

No facts, just opinions, and rumors, and a lot of experience in waiting, so don't hold me to this.....

Not so nice guy!

Originally posted by Guintu

This one of the first MMO's that will be releaseed on the 360, won't is?  Will be interesting to see how the sales go.

Oil and water.
    Regarding this I dout it will matter.  I can't see how they wouldn't mix, they are both playing the same game, so you would think they have played an MMO, or at least an RPG before.  Which means the probably like to play those types of games, which makes them (in a way) the same type of gamer.  Just because they use a console, doesn't mean they won't mix.

Huxley is another MMO thats being made for both the pc and the 360 but its an MMOFPS

I thought they stopped development for that game... Hmm o well.

How will the guild chat and what not work for the 360? Not in terms of text but like ventrilo and teamspeak and other programs like that... Will the 360 edition have a built in mic to group setting like TR had?

Originally posted by rapt0r0

Originally posted by Guintu

Oil and water.

I thought they stopped development for that game... Hmm o well.

How will the guild chat and what not work for the 360? Not in terms of text but like ventrilo and teamspeak and other programs like that... Will the 360 edition have a built in mic to group setting like TR had?

No idea, of course, until they release more information there is no way to tell.  But the 360 actually comes with a headset that plugs into your controller and almost all games for the 360 have voice support.

On the outside of the games you can actually go to the 360 dashboard and set up like 4 or 5 chat rooms and invite anyone you want into them.

So on the 360 end vent or TS is pretty much useless the voice on the 360 is very nice. But how will that fit with PC players is yet to be determined, it would be nice if someone came up with a way to either use vent on the 360 or for vent to communicate with the 360, seems like a good thing for the developers to consider, perhaps putting in thier own voice support so that everyone can talk to eachother when needed.

Otherwise I see very specific raid guilds that are either PC only, or 360 only so they can communicate.

Not so nice guy!

Yea and I have a few friends who will play this game only on 360 because their computers can not handle the game. I would def like to raid/pvp with them with the help of a voip system...

I am pretty sure that the Governator is exactly what they DON'T want on their game. They're making the game based off the lore of the books, not the Movies. I see your reasoning and yes, it might attract a few people who otherwise don#t have a clue about Conan, but I, personally, am rather glad they didn't use the image of Arnold on the game at all.
    Some? I think I can safely say that if it wasnt for Arnold and his Conan movie then the Conan franschise would be much, much smaller. Conan is not like LOTR were millions of copies of the books were sold before the movie, it was rather after the movies that Conan became famous.

As for the sexy girl on the page....of course the obvious reason for putting her there (although there's lots of other pictures on the rest of the page by the way), is probably one of the main reasons, but I don#t see your problem with that. Advertisement uses sexy women since like...a long long time and in this particular case, in the world of Howard where such women are abundant, I don#t see how you can possibly subject to the picture.
     Ok now you are contradicting yourself. First you say that the game is based on the lore of the books, where women are portrayed as fierce fighters and not playboy bunnies, and now you dont understand why I would object to that. I object because, both in the books and in the movie, women were not portrayed like they seem to be in AoC. I.e. your standard Hollywood, sexy photomodel type that seem more like someone from Howard Hughes playboy ranch rather than a women you would expect in a battlefield.
    As for AoC being mainstream...they never claimed they'd build the genre from square one again. They have ideas and improvements and those they will implement and we will see how they work out. That remains to be seen.
    I dont care what they claimed theyd build the game from,  I just call them as I see them and AoC does not seem very much as either the Conan books or the lore. My guess is that it will be very much like WoW but that remains to be seen.

Some? I think I can safely say that if it wasnt for Arnold and his Conan movie then the Conan franschise would be much, much smaller. Conan is not like LOTR were millions of copies of the books were sold before the movie, it was rather after the movies that Conan became famous.

Ok now you are contradicting yourself. First you say that the game is based on the lore of the books, where women are portrayed as fierce fighters and not playboy bunnies, and now you dont understand why I would object to that. I object because, both in the books and in the movie, women were not portrayed like they seem to be in AoC. I.e. your standard Hollywood, sexy photomodel type that seem more like someone from Howard Hughes playboy ranch rather than a women you would expect in a battlefield.
    I dont care what they claimed theyd build the game from,  I just call them as I see them and AoC does not seem very much as either the Conan books or the lore. My guess is that it will be very much like WoW but that remains to be seen.

Someone is very bitter.

I really don't want to change your mind about the game. I've recently been told that that's no use and I tend to agree. So find out about the game for yourself. ^_^

As for the girls in Conan, for every fierce warrior-woman, there was a scared, pretty girl waiting to be rescued by Conan, to then be tossed over a shoulder and carried off. Personally I don't care if the movies had been blockbuster Oscar-winners, I'd still rather want the game based on the books and not on Arnie. *shrug* But that's personal opinion and you are entitled to yours. ^_^

Edit: While thinking about it and looking at the main AoC Site again, well, it struck me that different people will see the woman differently. I personally don't think her much of a playboy-bunny girl. She's sexy, certainly, but she does have a certain devious look to her that would fit an Assassin (which she probably is). But again, that's personal tastes and views. *shrugs*

Yamota,

I really have to say, the thing that rakes my nerves, and the only thing in any of your post to do so, is the "it's going to be just like WOW" comment.

I would really love to see you explain that in more detail as to how this will compare to WOW, only because I see this same comment in every forum for every game that has been released, or in development since WOW came out, "It's a WOW clone", "It's WOW with a little UI tweak", "This game is WOW2". Etc...

I don't think this is the lines your head towards when you are comparing it to WOW, but I am not certain.

As far as the Conan lore, I personally could care less, because the only Conan I am familiar with are the movies, which I liked. This game could be called Barbarian world for all I care, the game is what I am looking to play not the story.  BUT! from what I have read on the games website, the lore seems to be there for the most part.

I do agree with you about the chick that is on the page, and she has gotten quite a bit of press. But hardly fierce warrior material.....she looks like one of the warriors from a low budget porn production of Conan more then from the lore of Conan.

But in the long run, none of this has anything to do with the original topic. So don't matter.

Not so nice guy!