Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More PvP games!

I know that the computer is meant for rpg's, and consoles are meant for PvP games, generally. But I think companies should be making more pure PvP skill games online. For example, there is a game called Rakion, I am sure some of you had heard of it before, but it is a really great PvP skill game. The onle problem with it, like all other PvP games is that there is lag and hackers. But I am sure if a top - notch gaming company went into creating a PvP game, like Rakion, I am sure it would be very popular. I am just saying this because in the computer mmorpg's,  people are good if they can pay for it with real money, or have a lot of time. And it makes me mad playing rpg;s sometimes because of that. But games like Rakion require one day and no USD to be a master of the game. So, just think about it, and tell me if there is a great PvP game right in front of my eyes that I am missing. And jsut to let you all know, when i mean PvP, i don't mean it as a Diablo or starcraft PvP, i mean it as shooter games and such. So, please right back and voice your opinion on this topic, I am very interested in seeing all of your thoughts about this subject, if they are as compassionate as mine. Thanks for reading, see you later.

Kingdom Hearts ---- Best Single Player Game Ever Made.
Here are the MMO games I have played/tried:
Runescape, Silkroad, Xiah, Hero, Rakion, Diablo 2, Gunz, WoW, Maple Story, Dungeon Runners, Flyff, 9Dragons, Astonia III, Last Chaos, GW:Nightfall, Hellgate London, Knight Online, Perfect World, Thang, and sadly Puzzle Pirates.

Comments

• UtMoonUtMoon Member Posts: 99

Sorry. This is the wrong forum for a thread about pure PvP games.

I changed my mind. PlaneShift is not worth the time.

• elvenangelelvenangel Member Posts: 2,205

Uhh there's several PVP games out there you know...its called 'research.  You got Eve, you got Shadowbane, you got masses of Korean games, Darkfall, Hell Age of Conan!  Chronicles of Spellborn etc etc.    Why is that PvPers feel there's no games for them?

I'm just curious why is it..that pvpers ignore games made for them and demand more?    Hell even UO's pvp servers would fit what your looking for and its been around since the dark ages of MMOs...of course its brand of Lawlessness and no real punishment for committing acts of murder is what eventually lead to the games death.

If you want twitch combat pvp only games in the likes of console games play First Person Shooters...PC's are riddled with them far more than the console world is.  Hell if you want something like FPS games go play FPS games!  You've got DOOM, Halflife, Crysis, Far Cry, etc etc there's no sortage of games where you can spend your days pwning people infact there's far more of them then there are of RPG's that come out.

Please Refer to Doom Cat with all conspiracies & evil corporation complaints. He'll give you the simple explination of..WE"RE ALL DOOMED!

• LilaluLilalu Member Posts: 68

There is not one pure RP game out there, but most games have PvP. I also can´t see why you should´nt find anything that suits you.

What about Fury? It´s especially designed for PvP.

• Shibley911Shibley911 Member Posts: 35

First of all, sorry I posted this in the wrong thread, and second of all, when i mean PvP I don't mean Diablo type PvP games. Where the stuff you where depends on if you win or not. I mean PvP like moving the your character and controlling what it does with the arrow keys and using the mouse to attack or somehting like that> I don't mean PvP by clicking a hotkey and doing a skill, sorry if I didn't explain well enough in my first thread.

Runescape, Silkroad, Xiah, Hero, Rakion, Diablo 2, Gunz, WoW, Maple Story, Dungeon Runners, Flyff, 9Dragons, Astonia III, Last Chaos, GW:Nightfall, Hellgate London, Knight Online, Perfect World, Thang, and sadly Puzzle Pirates.

• MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755

Fury is a 100% pvp game.

• HelloKirbyHelloKirby Member CommonPosts: 110

I would say Fury it is 100% pvp as said above.  Their is also Guild Wars.  You can create a pvp only character and if you win it depends on skill or just plain luck.  Not the armor or weapons but those still are a factor.  I'd recomend Fury and Guild Wars.  You can download Fury for free or buy it for $20.  And gw you can get it for $20 at fry's.   Happy fighting.

• FlashGordanFlashGordan Member Posts: 56

try out savage 2, its like an fps with swordplay and magic mixed in.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

The best PvP-game would have PvE players happy, playing and mostly not doing any PvP.

These PvE players wouldn't be weaker in PvE, in fact, they would be the best at PvE.  But, sometimes, they would venture in PvP areas and there, the PvP crowds would be ahead and much better, but only there.

That would be the best PvP game.  Most games, they just favorise 1 side at the expanse of the other, thinking, they can have a good game.  Good PvP requires PvE players partaking in it casually, but mostly focused on PvE and not really caring much about the PvP and maybe not partaking more than once or twice in their whole playing of the game.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• Shibley911Shibley911 Member Posts: 35

Thanks for voicing your opinion guys, again, I am sorry if this was in the wrong spot.

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

Originally posted by Shibley911

First of all, sorry I posted this in the wrong thread, and second of all, when i mean PvP I don't mean Diablo type PvP games. Where the stuff you where depends on if you win or not. I mean PvP like moving the your character and controlling what it does with the arrow keys and using the mouse to attack or somehting like that> I don't mean PvP by clicking a hotkey and doing a skill, sorry if I didn't explain well enough in my first thread.
    Try Asheron's Call, full skill based pvp game, while not pretty, its the only game Im aware of where you can dodge spells, arrows, and melee via movement.

Someone throws a fireball at you, step out of the way. Someone starts plinking arrows in your direction, run for cover.

GRaphics are incredibly old as the game is coming up on a decade of existence, but its still well worth a try if this is what your looking for.

• PoliesaPoliesa Member Posts: 2

Wow, may it really is old, so old that I even don't know, but just like the newest games, such as Lord of Ring.

• Master_RazorMaster_Razor Member Posts: 226
    Originally posted by Shibley911

If your standards for graphics aren't very high, Gunz online sounds like a great game for you. It's a third person shooter with both guns and swords/knives.

• EchelonsEchelons Member Posts: 80

Almost every MMORPG has PVP to an extent, but if you want something so specific you can't say "Where's all the PVP?" at.  You're putting a title so general as PVP on something that is filled with specifics and adjectives.  What I'm reading is you're asking why there aren't any real first person shooter death  match type games out, in an MMORPG format.  Such as Planetside, if it's pace was a bit faster, and it's objectives a little more linear.

Fact is its hard to mix the two.  Twitch shooters rely on a more pinpoint accuracy to succeed.  You aim, you fire at your target you hit it.  You play a single player FPS and you can count on your bullets hitting their mark.  However you throw in bandwidth, in a game such as Unreal Tournament or Quake 3, and you're relying on people having not only a good enough computer to run the game itself, but a good enough connection to handle the fact that your computer is telling another persons computer where you are, and in turn processing where they are.  Now, you take it up a notch and go from 20-30 people at a time to 1-2,000 at a time, and it gets a little more hard.  Fact is lag plays am uch larger part in a twitch shooter than any other game.  You aim and fire at someone where you visually see them to be, that doesn't mean they are there, its just where your connection is telling you they are. When in fact they could be behind you, you get killed by the guy you just put a rocket into and then you're unhappy.

It would take a lot of technology to make it work, but more so a lot more cash that the developers have to spend on equipment to keep the game play consistent enough to be enjoyable, that on top of the resources every MMORPG needs, and thats more money than a normal RPG needs to run things.

That in short is why there aren't many candidates to fill the "spot" in question.  While there are some Shooter MMO titles in development, I'd try the trials before I buy into the game.