Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

do you want a fun game?

let me tell all of you a story.

at one time i played ultima online. i was a player killer on a great server and i had great friends. unlike others who say that player killing got out of hand it didn't. people loved that system in ultima. it really did bring a breath of fresh air into ultima. and what happen ea did steal that game from us. they told us by coming out with a world that all the carebear players could play in that those of us who did role play and did hunt other players that we didn't bring in the money.

people quit uo over night and uo has been dieing a slow and painful death for 7 years now.

{ Mod Edit }

swg pre-cu was the light at the end of the tunnel.

here we had a game that raph koster gave us the players of this game the world. we had balanced systems and fun content like jedi. we didn't ask or want things like jump to lightspeed we had our world. it was buggy however and things like perma death had to go. and raph did fight for us players and we got things like that. then they moved him to everquest 2 and $OE took over.

we got jump to lightspeed something that took time from our game in. it would bring in the quake heads the kiddies who just want to kill someone in one shot and trash talk. we got the cu and system that drove players away and then nerfs to a well balanced jedi system after they took frs away from us.

and then in the biggest insult to date they gave us the nge.

they banned us from their forums for telling them we didn't want it. they conned you new players into thinking that this was a game you wanted to play. they have tried to stop us vets from telling you players the truth. the truth is you have been lied too and now with this block nerf see that all $OE is trying to do is milk you for ever last dollar you have before doing another so called revamp and looking for new players.

so if you want a fun game back then start asking for a rollback to the pre-cu system. demand that system back. tell the fanbots that they are wrong. tell your friends on other games to support this war. we will get our system back if we have unity and tell $OE at once that we want it back.

Comments

• daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Ok...I understand you hate what Sony did to SWG. I can even understand your ire over UO.

But...how did shadowbane sell out to carebears? there's like two places outside the noob isle where you are safe from being ganked, after that it's a free for all.

DAOC? DAOC was a brilliant concept. TOA was a bad idea because it introduced too much mandatory pve raiding, but RVR was awesome(and some say still is, but I haven't played in a couple years.)

DAOC was never designed as a free for all. It was never it's purpose.

I know you are butt hurt over SWG and UO, and I sympathize...but outside of that you are talking out of your arse.

D.

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133

PKing in UO did get out of hand to alot of people. Course, anyone capable of objective thought could come to that conclusion on their own.  Each has their own opinion.

I'll agree that pre-nge SWG in any interation was a grand game. Best gaming experience I've had. That said, the people that worked on that beast of a code are long gone and SOE ain't bringin' them or SWG back. I miss it just as much as the next guy, but reality is it's dead. Lesson learned for gamers and for the rest of the developing industry. Promptly threw away all sony products in my home and will not buy from that company again. Hopefully neither will my children, their children, etc. (yes, I've printed and saved articles for my kids (of which I have none atm) can read with they are in their video gaming prime so they get a good lesson about ethics).

Not trying to shout you down here, just that I know your SWG pain. But its been 2-3 years now. It's gone.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

/agree

ask for a better game experience and bugs that have to be removed.

at least this game breaking issues

classes bug

level bug

jedi starter profession bug

decay bug

combat bug

UI bug

If this bugs get removed, you will experience a better game.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• kobie173kobie173 Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

nvm

So I started to walk into the water. I won't lie to you boys...I was terrified. But I pressed on, and as I made my way past the breakers, a strange calm came over me. I don't know if it was divine intervention or the kinship of all living things, but I tell you, Jerry, at that moment ... I was a marine biologist.

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

As much as this issue of "pre cu" rollbacks and "Classic servers". Its well beyond the time in which these would occur. And honestly, I think those that left the game because of these changes have villianized SOE so much, even if they did make those roll-backs ...would they return. I do not believe so.

Torrential

• jaxscorpio34jaxscorpio34 Member Posts: 204
    Originally posted by Czzarre

As much as this issue of "pre cu" rollbacks and "Classic servers". Its well beyond the time in which these would occur. And honestly, I think those that left the game because of these changes have villianized SOE so much, even if they did make those roll-backs ...would they return. I do not believe so.
    Torrential

Some would and some wouldn't.  It is kind of pointless for people to keep asking for these changes though.  We all know SOE will never offer pre-NGE servers.  If they did they'd then be tasked with deciding which version of Pre-NGE to offer.  Some would only go back if it was CU and some would only go back if it was pre-CU.  In the end, SOE could never please all the vets who left because our views vary so much about which version of the game was better.  They'd also have to realize that many vets wouldn't return because they've lost all trust in and respect for SOE as a company in the last couple of years.

• StuheroStuhero Member Posts: 143
    Originally posted by jaxscorpio34

Some would and some wouldn't.  It is kind of pointless for people to keep asking for these changes though.  We all know SOE will never offer pre-NGE servers.  If they did they'd then be tasked with deciding which version of Pre-NGE to offer.  Some would only go back if it was CU and some would only go back if it was pre-CU.  In the end, SOE could never please all the vets who left because our views vary so much about which version of the game was better.  They'd also have to realize that many vets wouldn't return because they've lost all trust in and respect for SOE as a company in the last couple of years.

Sad but true :( I would go back but without a good population I wouldnt stay long.