Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

thinking of reactivating

LungDungLungDung Member Posts: 3

I'm thinking of reactivating and was just wondering if the issues i had were fixed.

-Fleet lag

Not to brag, but I have a very nice rig.  A game this old should be able to run at max settings under all circumstances.

After getting about 100 ships on screen, I had to only keep the map and overview up to be able to play.  Being a Goon, there were always 100 ships on my screen if not more.  Jumping into hostile systems with large camps always ended up with the client lagging out, crashing and me relogging into my clone.  Thats if the system didn't crash first.

-Cat and mouse with force recons

I really hated force recons, up til the day I got into my pilgrim.  I thought it was kind of silly that a combat ship (or in my case a group of combat ships) could sit in cloak for several hours in a major 0.0 mining system and scare the crap out of the miners while not even being at the keyboard.

This is pretty much what caused me to quit the game, but I'd love to come back.

Comments

• LordmonkusLordmonkus Member Posts: 808

The new graphics engine has improved the framerate dips of large scale fleets a bit, Just last week I was on a gate when a goon gang of about 120 people came through. Framerates for me dropped but it wasnt terribly hideous and my system is hardly awesome. The new graphics engine moved a lot of the graphics processing load off of the cpu and on to the video card.

Recon fleets are still nasty so that maybe will turn you off but I found nano gangs a bigger problem. Atleast with a recon gang stealthed up you can see the names in local where a nano gang moves around fast and and can all of a sudden jump in and unless you are quick you can get caught. But having scouts watching can warn you of incoming gangs so you can take the necessary measures.

Hope this gives you some of the info you are looking for.

• LungDungLungDung Member Posts: 3

Thanks for the info... hope to see you in battle :-P

• MarkuMarku Member Posts: 452

i havent played since 2005, i resubscribed 3 days ago and im glad i did.

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310

they also packeted the money u make frm rats to 15 minue server cycles. so every 15 minutes you get a "bulk amount" from the bounties u make from rat kills. which i think also improves lag

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.