Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about price

corechambercorechamber Member UncommonPosts: 148

So im looking at the diffrent price's and here is what I see.

Get Anarchy Online with all of its award winning expansions. Literally hundreds of hours of sci-fi enjoyment await you.

EUR 19.95  
USD $ 19.95  

Does this game cost 19.95 monthly to play if I want full access? Also in the title of the SL only it say 5.00 but the price says 9.95 at the bottom? Can someone please explain.

Comments

• ShoalShoal Member Posts: 1,156

The full game with ALL the expansion content is full price.  The one-month sub price is $14.9 for the full boat; less if you sub multiple months.   The $5 Shadowlands is the price for the main game plus the Shadowlands expansion; the $5 is NOT added to the full sub price.

If you have never played AO before, there is really no need for subbing the full game to start.   Either the totally free plan, or the $5 plan are more than enough to start; either can be upgraded if desired.

My recommendation is to get the 5$ plan and start in Shadowlands.  Rubi-Ka start is fine, but Shadowlands is better by far for a new player.

Graphics are retro, and the engine lags at times.  But it is being upgraded this year and should be very nice then.

Good Hunting

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212

If you pay via the 12 month plan it's below $10 a month (with all expansions), so if at some point trying out the game you feel you'll be in it that long I would recommend it. You'll save yourself a bundle and won't have to worry about another sub fee for a year.

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

If you intend to pay for a monthly subscription then you still have to purchase the expansion(s) separately or together.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • ImoRtHeXImoRtHeX Member UncommonPosts: 8

I hate when all u big mmorpg games make commercial like : Play Free Click Here!

• burmeseburmese Member Posts: 546

The pricing of the game and it's expansions is different than the subscription fees (what you pay per month).

If you download the client (large or small with large recommended) you can play the core game + Notum Wars expansion for free - no monthly payments.

Beyond that point you have to -buy- a package that includes one or more expansions and, depending on what expansions you bought, you have to pay a monthly fee, ranging from $5 to $15.

Currently on their registration page they hav the following options as far as  -buying- expansions goes:

Shadowlands expansion - $9.95 - $5/mo subscription

Alien Invasion expansion - $9.95 - $15/mo subscription

Lost Eden expansion - $14.95 - $15/mo subscription

All of the above expansions together - $19.95 - $15/mo subscription

However please note that from time to time Funcom puts out sweeter deals as far as obtaining the expansions themselves.  The subscription rates stay the same.

~\_/~\_O

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212
    Originally posted by burmese

However please note that from time to time Funcom puts out sweeter deals as far as obtaining the expansions themselves.  The subscription rates stay the same.

Like when I first started subscribing they were offering a free upgrade including all expansions, but that was before LE a few years ago.

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

• SatertekSatertek Member Posts: 28
    Originally posted by Darkholme

Originally posted by burmese

Like when I first started subscribing they were offering a free upgrade including all expansions, but that was before LE a few years ago.

Right now its $20 for all expansions including a free month, so thats only $5 shy of the deal you got :)