Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free to play?

krisoooookrisooooo Member Posts: 124

So i understand the game has an Free To Play client AND a Pay To Play one. If you choose to play the F2P game are you missing out much?

Comments

• master-johanmaster-johan Member Posts: 16

in the free on you only get Anarchy Online, no expansions. and there will be commercials here and there but not to disturbing..

• krisoooookrisooooo Member Posts: 124

I understand that, but my question was am i MISSING OUT much? Because the original might not have vehicles for example...the expansions might add them... And do they still patch the free game? Because if not...well you know :P Please give some more info, thanks

• SatertekSatertek Member Posts: 28

Yes, you do miss out on alot, but there is still a LOT to do in the free game. You can go anywhere on the main planet Rubi-Ka (the full game that was released in 2001, plus 6 years of patches), which includes many dungeons, and the random missions that were much touted when the game was first released.  They're also still releasing content for this  part of the game on a regular basis with the last patch adding a bunch of new quests, armor and weapons.

Free player population is pretty low at high levels (the best leveling spots are in the expansion areas), but finding a team is usually very easy up to around level 100. (Out of the maximum of 200 for free players)

The game can be a bit daunting at first, be sure to stop by these forums or AOFroobs.com, and ask for help if you need any.

There's also a new subscription that only includes Shadowlands for $5/mo.  The Shadowlands is MASSIVE and will be very easy to find a team, this is where all the people with expanions will be leveling (the other 2 expanions only mainly add new weapons and armor), so if you get to the point where you can't find teammates on Rubi-Ka, and you find yourself enjoying the game, theres now that small step up.

• SandboxSandbox Member UncommonPosts: 295

Interesting, thanks.

• SatertekSatertek Member Posts: 28

Here's a map of the game world, its pretty huge (all the free area, expansion area is a separate world):

http://aork.flw.nu/aork.html

• krisoooookrisooooo Member Posts: 124

Thanks, that helped a lot! I guess i just HAVE to try it now... besides i'll buy the expansions the game is pretty cheap... Now only thing left is to try and see if i like it, thanks again.