Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So I get this insulting email from Fury

Comments

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Athenae

Originally posted by Zorvan

Well, perhaps the games' devs will come here and tell us all how we are taking it the wrong way.

Oh, wait. That's right. The devs fired everyone, ran with the money and left volunteers in charge lol.

Oh I'm sure you'd love that so you can somehow justify yourself. Oh my gawwd, that last sentence is sooo wrong and misleading! you really don't know whats going on do you? I'm not even going to try to correct you, I can't help you if you can't read news properly.

If it were true, I'm sure the game would of shut down a month ago, but still going on strong. Its soo naive to think anyone truly 'volunteers' nowadays without getting paid one way or another for their time haha

Well, let's see. The last "dev" to post here was Dan_Gray back in December.  The only recent person connected to the game who posted here was the  volunteer community manager (here's where you get to tell us all what they pay the volunteer community manager, since noone volunteers for free ). Far as shutting down, give it time. It'll be toast soon enough. Especially when those nice fiscal reports are due and all the ink is red.

Oh, and show us all how the game is "going strong". Got verified sub numbers? How many different people have played actively in the last month? 2 months? Since launch? Are there more or less players now than there were at launch?

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Ah. So you're coming back with questions. Questions are fine, but can you answer those yourself? I don't think so. I can wait for those answers no problem. Patience is a virtue.
    What are you guys going to do when the official forums are back online... jump off the roof?

No, I came back with questions pertaining to your statements that volunteers don't work for free and that the game is going strong. Apparently you can't figure out how to back those statements up, or you wouldn't be sitting here attempting a high school level debate. Thanks for your time, but I think we're done here for now.

• newyork_punknewyork_punk Member Posts: 33

XDDD I didn't know one could suck so bad at a game.

• DialtraxDialtrax Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by Zorvan

Originally posted by Sidoxs

You got offended because some writing on a screen called you a loser? well im calling you a gimp, does that make you want to cry? Thats the problem with people today.

It's called unprofessionalism, which this games crew seems to have an abundance of. Do I feel offended being called "loser" by a company that has already filed bankruptcy shortly after launch? Nope. Do I feel perhaps they are showing their immaturity and lack of business sense? Absolutely.

QFT!

• Cud8Cud8 Member Posts: 3

Noone likes to be reminded of how bad they sucked when they tried something :)

Of course you are offended.   You probably sucked... thats ok, not everyone can be a winner.  And most people can't stand being losers...

I play fury very rarely anymore, but it is still fun.  Just too bad they took it in the wrong direction, it really did have potential.

I dig this marketing idea, although I do not expect it to work, I find it funny, because a large portion of people who did quit fury, left because they couldn't  figure it out(Not like its really hard)

The rest left when they put insane armor procs on everything after the community screamed to have them removed completely.

If you want a pure PVP game?  RAG DOLL KUNG FU BABY!!! :)  too bad noone played that either, because of similar reasons... wah its too hard!!  Where is my autoattack button?

^^^  The average player experience for Fury

• MarjolyMarjoly Member Posts: 1

The word "insulting" is in the title, so it's a pretty reasonable assumption to think at least the original poster was offended by it, and respond accordingly.  Even if the responses are pretty bleh.

This isn't original, by the way.  At all.

The last time I saw a message like this, I was on Craigslist, and some spammer had a message up to the effect of, "Hey, you loser!  Change your life now!

You're working in a boring 9-5 office job for peanuts.  What kind of life is that?  You can change it by becoming your own boss and earning as much as $20,000 a month!  Just contact me at [E-Mail]"

Actually, motivation through harsh words is actually quite a bit more common than that.  Preachers occasionally couple it with hellfire and brimstone messages to motivate the congregation to change.  Health club workers, even workout buddies, will taunt you to get you to push yourself.  But in these cases, they're motivating you to make a genuinely positive change.  Make unrealistic amounts of money.  Gain spiritual salvation.  Build a sexy body.

You can use blunt words as an attention getter, but you have to have a follow-up to get people to follow through.  What does Fury offer?  As best as I can tell, they're facing people with the possibility of being a winner.  At Fury.

If you haven't played Fury yet, it's largely meaningless to you, in the same way an offer of becoming the Duke/Duchess of Sealand doesn't get most of us excited.

If you played and you quit, it's probably meaningless to you, in the same way threats of hellfire and brimstone don't matter if you've rejected Christianity.

The marketing ploy fails because it doesn't establish sufficient meaning to the people it's advertising to.

Or, in other words, a carrot on a stick won't entice a wolf.

It's funny though.  I didn't expect it. 

I tried Fury, didn't really like the controls, quit, and have no interest of replaying.  But I don't hate it, or think the developers/ex-developers are especially immature.  It doesn't offend me.  I just don't think it's an effective message.  Not a marketing/advertising major though, so what do I know?

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039

Wait a second...I just got this e-mail too .Was surprised by the title..cant say i felt insulted, but am i correct in saying that this game is now not only sub free,but also free to download??

Ive not kept up with this title since i got into beta (where i couldnt even log in,go figure) but has this game flopped so badly that not only are they giving it away 100% free,theyre now even having to ASK people to try it out?! Ill download it anyway,but im shocked how something can go down the pan so quickly.lol. Must be a bummer if you went out and bought it retail,subbed to play and then had this almighty slap in the face. Are flagship studios looking this way?

edit:looked at the site,so they do still have subs and retail then..ok...

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

I found the original e-mail comical, and not offensive at all. I understand why it offends others, but I just have to say that you need thicker skin, and to those saying it's unprofessional. Well you guys just need a sense of humor.

• erandurerandur Member Posts: 727

That e-mail made me download 2,6 GB... And I don't regret it so far. They really made some BIG improvements since the start of the beta.

You know it, the best way to realize your dreams is waking up and start moving, never lose hope and always keep up.

• SaikronSaikron Member Posts: 90

Originally posted by solareus

I got the e-mail too, and now I have another FREE game to play . Downloading the client now.
    I <3 f2p
    I personally enjoyed the beta, but as a pay to play title it just didn't have enough inside the game, it felt like a mod of a game engine. It is a great f2p game and shouldn't be over looked because of bad marketing.
    This is a huge step up for the f2p market.

It basically is a mod. Of one of the Unreal engines.

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by Saikron

Originally posted by solareus

I got the e-mail too, and now I have another FREE game to play . Downloading the client now.
    I <3 f2p
    I personally enjoyed the beta, but as a pay to play title it just didn't have enough inside the game, it felt like a mod of a game engine. It is a great f2p game and shouldn't be over looked because of bad marketing.
    This is a huge step up for the f2p market.

It basically is a mod. Of one of the Unreal engines.

Well it definitely uses UE3, but that doesn't make it a mod. In it's own right it is a full blown game I think your just selling it a little short. Sure the game has it's flaws, and doesn't have much depth to it but it is what it is.

• Plasuma!!!Plasuma!!! Member Posts: 1,872

The fact remains that, regardless of diversions, people don't appreciate being called losers.

If a salesman approached you and screamed in your face: "YOU ARE A F*CKING IDIOTIC LOSER! Buy this now, you wretched failure!"

Would you rather buy what he's selling or deck him in the face?

• MatriarcheXMatriarcheX Member Posts: 159

I'd vote;

* I have a thicker skin. It caught my attention. Now moving on.

Its honest, blunt and rather unique. Its not saying anything thats not true. Some people are losers most of the time in this game and thats ok, but when you do win... it feels damn gooood!

p.s. but really now, violence doesn't solve anything, peace and love is the only way.

• A55A5INA55A5IN Member Posts: 175

Originally posted by mindw0rk

Their game is almost dead and they call me a looser? Rofl. No, Auran, I wont return even if you kneel before me beggin and crying like a little girl.

You must be a very sore loser to feel the need to post lies in the games rating section.

mindw0rk(posted Thu Jan 24 2008)

This game is almost dead and hardly survive 2008. And I'm glad it dies. Auran promised the best PvP MMORPG, and look at this pathetic shit called Fury... zero balance, boring combat and rewards that you have to pay $ for. RIP Fury. You wont be missed.

The last bit in your statement is nowhere near true.

Rewards you have to pay for? Theres no such thing unless you were playing something else?

Zero Balance? I would hardly call a system that has a counter move to every other move available a zero balanced system.

Boring? Well thats your opinion, anyone else can try it for free anyway to decide for themselves.

• xXSeraphielXxXSeraphielX Member Posts: 107

Originally posted by Deathstrike2

I got this email late last night from the Fury website:

Chances are?. you are a

LOSER!

Or will you prove us wrong?

http://www.unleashthefury.com

In the 3 months since release, tens of thousands of people have played FURY and every single one of them has lost at least one game! That?s right ? not one unbeaten player exists in our database. And the stats show that once you have won 3 games, you are extremely likely to play dozens, if not hundreds more games.

So, we?d love you to come back and check out all the changes and improvements and discover that winning feeling.

For a start it is easier to stay alive now, and there are new game types specifically designed for new players. We have also added AI Bots (and they love losing), new gametypes, new maps, fixed the GUI lag and hundreds of bugs plus loads of other stuff. You can find out more about all the changes at http://www.unleashthefury.com/ageofthechosen

We have also introduced the Chosen which allows you to play FREE FOREVER. Why not show your friends you are not a loser as well by bringing them along, they can play for FREE! Just get them to follow the instructions found here http://www.unleashthefury.com/free2play

Cya in game (unless, of course, you want to remain a loser).

The FURY Team

Now, I'm no genius, but would you really want to insult a potential customer repeatedly in an email?  The subject line of the message was: "Loser! Loser! LLLOOOOSSSSEEEERRRR!"  In total, they referred to me as a loser 6 times in this one email.  If this is what the company is like, I can just imagine the trash talking maturity level inside the game. 
    No thanks!

Quite frankly I feel this is bad marketing. Some of you agree, some of you don't. Now in the sense of insulting the customer/recipient, I believe it is quite insulting. You do not call your customer a loser in this context. Most of the body of this email is fine.... it is statements like "Chances are, you are a LOSER!" and "(unless of course you want to remain a loser)". Those very statements imply that if you do not play Fury you are a loser. Quite frankly I don't give a damn if I've played or not played. This is just very poor marketing strategy.

Some people in this thread have made comments to the effect of "You are just mad because you did lose in game because you have no skill" or "Perhaps it might be easier to play a game that will ensure that everyone is a winner so that one does not feel inadequate thus ensuring there are no negative feelings upon self realization of lacking the necessary skills required in order to win which might lead to an all out campaign to discredit a pretty good game , which one might enjoy if they posessed the ability to compete with the more adept gamers ." which I believe makes many assumptions about the type of person that may find this email insulting.

Basically what I am saying is that bad marketing is no way to save a game. Ie. Calling your clients names will not get return business. And no I have not played Fury, and after reading this....nor will I ever. As for the elitist pvp posts of "You just don't have the skills" or "I'll pwn j00". I really don't care, If I have to have "true skills" I would rather have them in the more cut-throat business world and not in some damn game just so I can have a bigger epeen. I have a life, and I do not believe being good in a pvp game means anything. Join the military and see how good at PvP you really are.

My 2 Cents ( well maybe a quarter)

xXSeraphielX

• ZANGFEIZANGFEI Member Posts: 439

Originally posted by ZANGFEI

All i can say is LOOOZZER LMAO
    You my friend are exactly the type of player I avoid.... games are supposed to be fun. And I deal with enough idiots on a daily basis that I don't need them in my games too.

xXSeraphielXx

Now that was not Niccceee,  MEANIEEEE (chuckles)

Originally posted by ZANGFEI

Now that was not Niccceee,  MEANIEEEE (chuckles)
    You are probably correct.

xXSeraphielX

You are NOW going over my KNEE, where is that SPOON! dang our youngest is older than you. (LOL)

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

A game that people will not play/DL for free, that was a full "retail" title a few months before, must truly suck.....

Originally posted by Burntvet

A game that people will not play/DL for free, that was a full "retail" title a few months before, must truly suck.....

I don't want to use the same words to repeat what Burntvet said which is true-- why not take advantage of it? lol but truly... its free, you play it free, you will NOT lose any content whatsoever. You will not be forced to spend any of your hard earned money (unless you want to) its all your call. It doesn't hurt to try it, and if its not your cup-a-tea, well at least you didn't pay for it. 

Hopefully discussions like these will make some people curious to try Fury.

Either way you're still a WINNER, hardly a loser;

sounds logical n'est ce pas?

• NeverknowNeverknow Member Posts: 224

I don't want to use the same words to repeat what Burntvet said which is true-- why not take advantage of it? lol but truly... its free, you play it free, you will NOT lose any content whatsoever. You will not be forced to spend any of your hard earned money (unless you want to) its all your call. It doesn't hurt to try it, and if its not your cup-a-tea, well at least you didn't pay for it. 

Hmm, Burntvet was clearly stating that the game sucks, therefore people don't play it or download it. And you say what he said is true. So why would you advocate anyone even bothering with the waste of bandwidth downloading the game would be?

• WisebutCruelWisebutCruel Member Posts: 1,089

The only losers here were the idiots who wrote that marketing e-mail. Children must play, I guess.

Originally posted by Neverknow

Hmm, Burntvet was clearly stating that the game sucks, therefore people don't play it or download it. And you say what he said is true. So why would you advocate anyone even bothering with the waste of bandwidth downloading the game would be?

I could swear I read it right, unless I'm mistaken.... maybe Burnvent can clear it up. If it was so, I apologize, I don't want to sound like an overbearing troll wanting to justify myself wrongly. I personally feel its a great game worthy of downloading, even moreso cause its FREE  and that does not need an apology. Download it, its free now, from what it was as a retail, take full advantage of it.. it would be unfortunate if you don't. Because its a great pvp game.

Thank you for noticing that, Neverknow! *hugz*