Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AO including Shadowlands now $5/mo

burmeseburmese Member Posts: 546

Funcom is adding a new subscription tier where you get the Shadowlands expansion for $5 (or eu) a month.  AI LE are still part of the $15/mo plan and you still have to view the ads on the billboards when on Rubi-Ka.

http://www.anarchy-online.com/wsp/anarchy/frontend.cgi?func=publish.show&template=content&func_id=2405&table=CONTENT

~\_/~\_O

Comments

• ArawonArawon Member Posts: 1,108

Does SHADOWLANDS have an enhanced engine with it. Nott the new one..but one thats better than the free to play engine ?

• BrezjnevBrezjnev Member UncommonPosts: 98

No, Rubi-Ka and the Shadowlands run on the same engine.

Shadowlands is a couple of years younger though (but it's still very old as well) and it has a somewhat more detailed geography+textures and some armors that look less bland than the free ones. But it's still ugly to todays standards

• ArawonArawon Member Posts: 1,108

Are there  "new" starting areas  with the Shadowlands expansion ?

• WindlionWindlion Member UncommonPosts: 53

There was one not sure if its still there havent played for long time the shadowlands world is very dirffent then the normal world in ao.

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

Don't you have to have shadowlands to play as the neutral faction?

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by joeyboots

Don't you have to have shadowlands to play as the neutral faction?

You start as a neutral when you first enter the game. The only way to remain neutral is to never choose a side.

Originally posted by Arawon

Are there  "new" starting areas  with the Shadowlands expansion ?

Yes, you start in the Jobe training grounds. Unlike the newb island on Rubi-ka, you can return to the training grounds whenever you want, up to level 50.

• AmpallangAmpallang Member Posts: 396

There was something about SL that turned me off.  RK was better in my view.  If aoc doesn't prove its mettle I'll probalby pick up AO again.

If you are not being responded to directly, you are probably on my ignore list.

• DoomcowDoomcow Member Posts: 10

um youve got it wrong

Anarchy online with Shadowlands - $5 a month

AI and LE Expansions $15 UPFRONT, no further monthly fee's.

I pay $100 AUD a year for anarchy online

Doomcow 216\15 Adventurer Rimor

www.myspace.com/charlie_macz

Originally posted by Doomcow

um youve got it wrong

Anarchy online with Shadowlands - $5 a month

I pay $100 AUD a year for anarchy online

"Durham, USA – January 21, 2008 – Funcom announces the introduction of a tiered subscription system in Anarchy Online, and players can now choose between three subscriptions plans going from free-to-play to 5 to 14,95 USD / EUR a month."

The full subscription is the only sub that will get the discount from paying multiple months in advance.

So, how do you figure to get AI/LE with no monthly payment?

• burmeseburmese Member Posts: 546

No, you got it wrong.  If you buy the Alien Invasion (AI) or Lost Eden (LE) expansions you have to pay a -subscription- fee over the $5/mo fee for the Shadowlands expansion.  It is $15/mo (less if paid bulk in advance).

~\_/~\_O

um

I bought AI in 2005 and never payed a cent more for it

I bought LE when it came i think it was late 2006 or early 2007. upfront. never payed for it ever again

SL was $15 a month monthly fee.

you dont pay monthly for AI and LE

unless funcom has just confused me

it always came up on my credit card as Shadowlands expansion pack blah blah blah - $14.95

• burmeseburmese Member Posts: 546

Some people bought AO in 2001 and have paid $15/mo ever since then but for them to say they then bought Notum Wars, Shadowlands, Alien Invasion, and Lost Eden and don't pay monthly fees on those is both beside the point of the thread, and misleading.  The context of the thread is what pricing brackets exist as of today for people new to the game or looking to upgrade from their current status.  Most people reading your original post would assume you were claiming that they did not have to pay $15/mo while accessing AI or LE content, which is not true.

The new pricing structure is:

Free: Core game + Notum Wars expansion

$5/mo: Core + Notum Wars + Shadowlands expansion

$15/mo: Core + Notum Wars + 'any or all expansions aside from Shadowlands'

( and, yes, some people do get AI and/or LE and do -not- get SL)

(subscription fees on the last category can be lowered somewhat by paying in advance by the year, etc..)

~\_/~\_O

um
    I bought AI in 2005 and never payed a cent more for it
    I bought LE when it came i think it was late 2006 or early 2007. upfront. never payed for it ever again

SL was $15 a month monthly fee.

you dont pay monthly for AI and LE
    You didn't pay more because you already had a premium subscription. However, if you didn't have SL and had bought AI, you would have started paying the monthly fee. Or if you had a free account and upgraded to LE, you would have the monthly fee.

With the new pricing tier, this would mean that if you upgrade a free account to SL you'd only pay $5 a month, but as soon as you upgraded to AI/LE or both, you would be paying the full $15 a month ($8 a month if yearly ).

hawha confusing but yeah I understand now.

I pay yearly to save money

I know im going to be playing Anarchy Online for years and years to come so im quite happy paying yearly. you pay A LOT less than paying monthly