Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ2 EQ1 or FFXI?

Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

First of all Id like to say I never did EQ 1 or EQ 2. I was Into Phantasy star and then FFXI.  FFXI is a hard game. It got easier over the year's but is still one of the hardest mmorpg's to date. Getting things done in that game takes months of commitment and hard core playing. That said.

How do EQ 1 and EQ2 compare to FFXI?

Are Eq 1 and 2 the same?

Which EQ should I start playing if im looking to start one. Which has nicer players larger community and honestly less stupid looking races/classes.

Which is not a total grind fest.....?

Which is group oriented?

Which seems to have more life?

Which is easier?

which costs less?

I did WoW already and Im a bit sick of it, I started FFXI again for fun and found my Dragoon 75 had been deleted for not logging on a year and a half...yay for me so I re started and iv gotten 1-40 in 2 months. Once im 60 I want to try other games. Not to long though So I dont want it to be a big commitment. Aion the tower of Eternity is coming out soon and THAT will be my BIG commitment game, along side FFXI. So I want something that I can have fun with for about 4-7 months experience most of the game and then leave feeling like i enjoyed my time.

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

if it helps

The Unofficial "What MMO To Play" Thread

www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/152355/page/1

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by Calintz333

First of all Id like to say I never did EQ 1 or EQ 2. I was Into Phantasy star and then FFXI.  FFXI is a hard game. It got easier over the year's but is still one of the hardest mmorpg's to date. Getting things done in that game takes months of commitment and hard core playing. That said.
    How do EQ 1 and EQ2 compare to FFXI?
    Never played FFXI so i can only compare EQ1 & 2 for you.
    Are Eq 1 and 2 the same?
    Totally different.  Only thing the same is the lore, races, place names etc.  Everthing else is different from the UI to the combat.
    Which EQ should I start playing if im looking to start one. Which has nicer players larger community and honestly less stupid looking races/classes.
    I would give EQ1 a miss and play EQ2.  Its much easier to get the hang of plus it has better graphics than EQ1 which is starting to show its age.  EQ community on a whole is pretty good if not one of the best in the mmo world.  Population on EQ is dwindling, EQ2's is healthy.
    Which is not a total grind fest.....?
    EQ2.  #1 felt like a real grind to me.
    Which is group oriented?
    Both to some degree.  EQ2 is better to solo in though but theres a good mix of group and solo stuff.
    Which seems to have more life?
    EQ2
    Which is easier?
    EQ2
    which costs less?
    Both have cheap boxed sets which include a bunch of expansions.  EQ2's latest has everything in it for about 40 bucks.
    I did WoW already and Im a bit sick of it, I started FFXI again for fun and found my Dragoon 75 had been deleted for not logging on a year and a half...yay for me so I re started and iv gotten 1-40 in 2 months. Once im 60 I want to try other games. Not to long though So I dont want it to be a big commitment. Aion the tower of Eternity is coming out soon and THAT will be my BIG commitment game, along side FFXI. So I want something that I can have fun with for about 4-7 months experience most of the game and then leave feeling like i enjoyed my time.

• DruzDruz Member Posts: 276

Out of those choices you need to play EQ2