Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you play another flagship studios game?

Honestly, flagship sorta pissed me off by trying to push grind onto my table so blatantly.

I will be very wary of their future releases. (I hate that i spent 50$ on hellgate)

Comments

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212

Considering that I paid nothing for my copy of HG:L, I don't subscribe and probably can get any of their future releases for the same price... I'll probably play them as a temporary diversion if nothing else. I mean the gameplay is fun, and easy if repetitive.

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

• EverlordEverlord Member Posts: 4

I think its OK

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

I'm willing to play one,  but I doubt I will buy one.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Shakey release for HGL but since the patches and now the new content they just released it is 100x better.

Also looking forward to playing Mythos.

So yeah I would buy/play another FSS game. It's a new company that has a bright future and yes there will be bumps along the way. No company is perfect.

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039

Playing/will certainly continue to play mythos.everything hellgate should have been.It has some very good stuff upcoming too...

Id play hellgate more if they added proper pvp,much better and varied skill sets per clas,added a little variation in tilesets and dropped the ridiculous sub fee.Dungeon runners sub scheme would work better,£2.50/$5 a month is a proper reasonable amount to pay for this type of game,and the extras you get are worth it. Getting sub only drops,better potions,that kind of thing.

Hellgate doesnt offer anything near enough for a sub fee comparible to games such as WoW,EQ2,EVE,LOTRO etc all of which offer a lot more for your cash.

The gameplay itself was fine,if a little buggy and repetitive,but then what MMO doesnt have repetition tbh? repetition is fine if the content is varied and enjoyable,but killing the same mobs in the same tilesets for 50 levels isnt my idea of fun. Plus theres no real 'content' as you get higher,which brings on a brutal grind which is never good. The stonehenge stuff looks very nice though,but im not paying a sub for something I may complete in 3 days.

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212

Speaking of Mythos, I wonder why it isn't listed on this site? I mean I know the games origins, but I'm sort of surprised it's not listed on this site, especially since it's been around for some time now...

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Originally posted by jimsmith08

Playing/will certainly continue to play mythos.everything hellgate should have been.It has some very good stuff upcoming too...
    Id play hellgate more if they added proper pvp,much better and varied skill sets per clas,added a little variation in tilesets and dropped the ridiculous sub fee.Dungeon runners sub scheme would work better,£2.50/$5 a month is a proper reasonable amount to pay for this type of game,and the extras you get are worth it. Getting sub only drops,better potions,that kind of thing.
    Hellgate doesnt offer anything near enough for a sub fee comparible to games such as WoW,EQ2,EVE,LOTRO etc all of which offer a lot more for your cash.
    The gameplay itself was fine,if a little buggy and repetitive,but then what MMO doesnt have repetition tbh? repetition is fine if the content is varied and enjoyable,but killing the same mobs in the same tilesets for 50 levels isnt my idea of fun. Plus theres no real 'content' as you get higher,which brings on a brutal grind which is never good. The stonehenge stuff looks very nice though,but im not paying a sub for something I may complete in 3 days.

Hellgate is more of a pve game and not really pvp centered at all but for one thing FSS does well that is they do listen to their fan base so if you want more pvp just simply post it on their boards. The more of a demand for it the better a chance you have on getting better pvp.

Hellgate p2p is kind of iffy but is really optional. You just help to support future/current content such as Stonehenge and in another 3 months subs will get even more content around April/May. Also ingame email is coming, auction house, more exploreable areas,additional character classes and new features as the year passes on.

All games are repetitive and have similar mobs to kill. Nothing new here.

Totally impossible to get to max level in 3 days unless you really have too much time on your hands. Hacknslash games isn't about just completing the game with your character. Such as most of us did in Diablo/D2 we had a slew of characters and tried to get the best items for each of them.  

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by Darkholme

Speaking of Mythos, I wonder why it isn't listed on this site?
    theres always www.rpgdot.com/

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039
    Originally posted by SaintViktor

Originally posted by jimsmith08

Hellgate is more of a pve game and not really pvp centered at all but for one thing FSS does well that is they do listen to their fan base so if you want more pvp just simply post it on their boards. The more of a demand for it the better a chance you have on getting better pvp.

Hellgate p2p is kind of iffy but is really optional. You just help to support future/current content such as Stonehenge and in another 3 months subs will get even more content around April/May. Also ingame email is coming, auction house, more exploreable areas,additional character classes and new features as the year passes on.

All games are repetitive and have similar mobs to kill. Nothing new here.

Totally impossible to get to max level in 3 days unless you really have too much time on your hands. Hacknslash games isn't about just completing the game with your character. Such as most of us did in Diablo/D2 we had a slew of characters and tried to get the best items for each of them.  

quite a lot of good stuff upcoming then. have they made any mention on the new classes yet?

• genclaymoregenclaymore Member UncommonPosts: 44
    It would depend on there next game. if it mythos I might and I might not.
    If it had nothing but swords and no guns. I prolly wouldnt. Because I'm getting sick of those.

so it really depends,if it played like a FPS and has guns,Then I def would buy it. If its monthy, if its 10-14.99 then i'll be fine with that.
  • socrates656socrates656 Member Posts: 142

Correction..

Flagship dosnt know how to make games.

• nightphantomnightphantom Member UncommonPosts: 276

Originally posted by socrates656

Correction..

Flagship dosnt know how to make games.

Correction..

They've been doing a great job fixing the game after a early release and the game is now very enjoyable.

Also, Mythos is a great game.

Seems exactly the same to me as it was on release day.

Same game, same MP synchronisation bugs, same memory leak crashes. Everything. The same.

Giving them more time isn't exactly going to help anything. They released the game late and still they hadn't fixed it. They have had all the time and money in the world to get it right already. Giving them more time and money is not the solution.

If you are buying this game expecting it to be any different from the demo, you wouldn't be all that smart. 

• nightphantomnightphantom Member UncommonPosts: 276

Originally posted by baff

Same game, same MP synchronisation bugs, same memory leak crashes. Everything. The same.
    Giving them more time isn't exactly going to help anything. They released the game late and still they hadn't fixed it. They have had all the time and money in the world to get it right already. Giving them more time and money is not the solution.

If you are buying this game expecting it to be any different from the demo, you wouldn't be all that smart. 

Are you really still getting the memory leak crashes? I haven't gotten those in more than 2 months...

Anyways, guess i can't change you're mind, but you can't say that they haven't improved anything since it's been released. They've improved so many things that it really is a decent game now.

• QueinaiQueinai Member Posts: 76

Mythos is listed here under the "Game List" top menu bar, instead of the "Forums".
    mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/setView/overview/gameID/285

• ShadowhearthShadowhearth Member Posts: 174

Originally posted by nightphantom

Are you really still getting the memory leak crashes? I haven't gotten those in more than 2 months...

Anyways, guess i can't change you're mind, but you can't say that they haven't improved anything since it's been released. They've improved so many things that it really is a decent game now.

I do get them aswell, i was so pissed once, when legendarybattery dropped, and it crashed :(.

Now to answer on theme:

I will really look more attention on new projects, going to look more reviews and wait a bit, not liike this time, as soons as it came out, i ran to shop to get it, only becouse it had a tag: diablo2 like. In the end, very dissapointed.

The only 1 thing that i loved about game: graphic and physics. Really nicely done. But slashing same mobs over and over till 50.

• BarziniBarzini Member Posts: 1

I'm still having technical issues as well, but that isn't my main gripe about this game.  The lack of variety in mob types, weapon types and tilesets make this game my major regret of 2007.  There just wasn't enough effort put forth before the release of this game that caused it to tank for me.  I'll probably never reinstall.

• rev_lazarorev_lazaro Member Posts: 270

To all those never reinstalling and playing again:

Please give your accounts to people who will play.

Thank you.

• SharajatSharajat Member Posts: 926

I'd play another game of theirs.  I'd NEVER buy it on release day.  Once burned...  

In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own.

-Thomas Jefferson

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

For me its just a time killer play sometimes for hour nothing more, this game is so boring and so repitive, for me its not wurth paying attention to flagship anymore, its a real bad game.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• ExclamExclam Member Posts: 72

I would play another Flagship game in a heartbeat. Yes, Hellgate had a lot of launch issues, but that had a lot to do with EA forcing their release date on them. What strikes me about Flagship is how committed and passionate about their work the team is. They are all very sociable on the Hellgate forums and they have proved that they are working hard to improve the game. That in itself is more impressive to me than having a fantastic launch and millions of players.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    I dont give a shit about Hellgate London but Mythos is a very fun and addictive game
  • GwendleGwendle Member UncommonPosts: 48

Originally posted by mindw0rk

I dont give a shit about Hellgate London but Mythos is a very fun and addictive game

See, I'm the exact opposite. I've played Mythos and didn't care for it. Not that it's bad, just not what I enjoy.

• PetrovskPetrovsk Member Posts: 5

Any studio with members that once worked for Blizzard instantly has a loyal fanbase. Never mind that the Diablo formula has been improved upon for 10 years. Never mind that HG:L completely lacks decent PvP. Never mind that HG:L features the  "Korean Grindfest" despised everywhere else by Americans and don't even mention that you can get a better quality grind absolutely free from MMORPG.COM's list of games. These guys made the original Diablo so there is no way we would have wasted our money buying HG:L. Its awesome. No, really, I don't want to feel like a fool for buying it. Also Doom 3 was the best FPS since Doom 2. I will buy another FSS game.

Originally posted by nightphantom

Yes I still get memory leak crashes. 

It's a timebomb, when it fills your RAM with spam, the game crashes, this takes a period of time dependant on your RAM size. Perhaps you have more than the 2GB I do, or perhaps you only play for shorter periods of time.

And no I haven't seen a single improvement. Whatever fixes they have made are clearly insiginificant. The only two bugs I've noticed were the memory leak and the network synchronicity and they are both still alive and well.