Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pirates of the Caribbean Online... Anyone playing??

I have been trying to play for a few days now... But I have been having some technical issues as well as some issues with the interface... Just wondering if it is just me... or are others experiencing these issues...

1. I keep getting this error about losing the connection to the server... so I have to hope back in line... and wait... but... if I do not wait long enough it says it cannot find my pirates... and it kicks me out and I have to wait again... anyone else experiencing this or similar issues...

2. Game chat... I see people running around playing... but I dont see anyone talking... I have tried to talk and it seems as if nobody can see my chat... doesnt feel like an mmo if you cannot see whats goin on with the rest of the MM's .... lol

3. No Forums?? they appear not to have a forum on their site... so where do you go to see if there are problems?? and where do you look for solutions... or even where do you go to check out the community???

Thoughts anyone??

Peace

Comments

• GishgeronGishgeron Member Posts: 1,287

Originally posted by khuzad

I have been trying to play for a few days now... But I have been having some technical issues as well as some issues with the interface... Just wondering if it is just me... or are others experiencing these issues...
    1. I keep getting this error about losing the connection to the server... so I have to hope back in line... and wait... but... if I do not wait long enough it says it cannot find my pirates... and it kicks me out and I have to wait again... anyone else experiencing this or similar issues...

2. Game chat... I see people running around playing... but I dont see anyone talking... I have tried to talk and it seems as if nobody can see my chat... doesnt feel like an mmo if you cannot see whats goin on with the rest of the MM's .... lol

3. No Forums?? they appear not to have a forum on their site... so where do you go to see if there are problems?? and where do you look for solutions... or even where do you go to check out the community???

Thoughts anyone??

Peace

I've played it, loved it actually.  Its not terribly deep...though the story line is pretty nice.  Ship combat is FUN, and its where I spent most of my time.  Taking down Flagships was great, and having the ability for people to board your ship and man your cannons is great too.  Never you mind how much it helps in combat...being able to have just one person firing essentially doubles your damage output compared to just Broadsides.

As for tech problems...I've got em too.  I can only play on someone elses PC because my Graphics Card has issues and kicks me from the game all the time.  Its not their fault....ALL mmo's now give me trouble on some level or another.  Its just an old radeon and the only solution I have for it is to buy a new one.  Even the omega drivers are outdated apparently.

Might I suggest their Support Chat?  I used it and found it to be VERY successful in addressing my issues.  The CSR was very helpful and nice.  Response was immediate for me, better than any game I have ever played in that regard.  Perhaps you should hit them up...they will probably ask you to send a report with a dxdiag file so they can find out your issues.

• khuzadkhuzad Member Posts: 13

Thanx for the info...

I am pretty sure its not my system... since I have 6 mmorpg's installed and all work flawlessly... but I will try the support chat to see if they have some ideas...

Thanx again!!

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

I play it also.. And I enjoy it very much.. Fun, light and well done game based around a series of movies which are very very well done and funny..

But there ARE bugs though.. Tons of them actually, just liek any new mmo.. Thing is most of these bugs havenot had a significant impact on my game progress, and even though sometimes a merchant will get stuck in the cinematic purhcase mode, or mobs will become invincible or unable to be attacked, or even the warping mobs outside of fort charles, I can still have fun with this...

However, with it being based off of a movie license I often wonder about where this game would be in another year or so.. How could you "add on" to a world thats pretty much already made? Well unless they plan to expand the storyline through this game like in matrix online..

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

I havnt tried it yet

For some reason I keep flogging myself by believeing "Today is the day I will check my email and ...BAM...A WAR beta invite"

I need to get realistic :)

Torrential

• VincenzVincenz Member Posts: 1,498

Pretty underwhelming IMO.

• khuzadkhuzad Member Posts: 13

Let me clarify =)

I am really enjoying the game... It is light and fun and the sea battles are actually very kewl...

My kids are enjoying it as well.. and I would consider upgrading to a paid account if I could get through the major bugs I am facing...

I am not able to even complete the Visit Barbosa quest... when I try to dock my boat at Devil's Anvil... it disconnects me...

It says I have lost my connection... I have tried it on 3 different machines... 2 running Nvidia Cards and one runnnng an ATI card... I have turned off my firewall... I would make some router changes if I knew what ports it was running on...

I did manage to get on the island one... but got killed by a giant crab before I could get to Barbosa... which spawned me back in jail... on the mainland... doh... =)

I have not been able to get zoned to the island since...

Anyone else having the connection issues... and can anyone shed some light on how to chat?? lol

Is there a way to /shout or something to talk to others in the zone or maybe an OOC channel or something??

Thanx

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Originally posted by Czzarre
    I havnt tried it yet
    For some reason I keep flogging myself by believeing "Today is the day I will check my email and ...BAM...A WAR beta invite"
    I need to get realistic :)
    Torrential

Same here. But why be realistic when you have much more fun imagining this will be the grand day!

• CaptainhillCaptainhill Member Posts: 9

Overall, this game is the best!  I play on 2 machines and have only experienced a little bit of video card problems on this computer, but the other works great!  It would be totally worth your money too.

• AstralglideAstralglide Member UncommonPosts: 686

I was positive that this game  would suck, but I was wrong- it kicks ass. All kinds of ass. It's just complicated enough to maintain interest and not so complex as to add unnecessary tedium (I'm talking to you, Blizzard). This should hold me over until WAR.

A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

nm

• dragon733dragon733 Member UncommonPosts: 31

It's a decent game to keep yourself occupied for a few days. Other than that, spending the $$ to get unlimited access isn't worth it.

The PVE ship battles are quite fun. On the other hand, the other aspects of the game seem quite bland and tasteless. There is only one main storyline quest, which is extremely boring and cookie-cutter. (Kill this many mobs to get this, find this person, deliver this message, destroy this navy ship for this reason, plunder this, blah blah blah same old same old, what's new??). The graphics aren't even this century, they're based on... ToonTown? Ha, that's just a JOKE. The game has such bad graphics, but still eats your system performance? That doesn't sound good for a game that's been out for 6 months. When it comes to weapons and skills, they aren't that amazing either. Same old same old, nothing new to see overall.

It's been said before... the chat is completely empty 99.9% of the time. Even when you try to initiate a conversation, or get a crew going... good luck! Everyone just runs around and does their own shit.

PVP? Ha, yeah right! Even though there's a system for PVP-games, no one does it! Where's the ship-based PVP? Or perhaps arenas instead of the completely useless lookout system?

Honestly, the only good aspect of this game at this point is the PvE ship combat. Even then, I wouldn't imagine that would keep you occupied for long. After all, repetitive things tend to get boring, right? I've been playing the game for less than 2 days, and it's already starting to get boring! If you like going out and blasting away AI ships all day long, be my guest.

This game isn't that great. It's good as a short-term time drain, but gets old quickly. There's nothing new about the game, and that isn't good. Disney isn't a company that's well-known for making MMOs, and apparently they suck at it. Maybe they should stick to television and movies, and leave games to the big boys.

Playing: BF2142

Waiting For: Jumpgate: Evolution

Played: UO, DAoC, MCO, EQ, AO, TSO, Shadowbane, Planetside, SWG, FFXI, CoH, L2, EQ2, WoW, MxO, EVE, AoC

Played 6mo+: UO, EVE

• PolarizationPolarization Member Posts: 1,410

I am quite willing to pay the 9.99$’s for a months unlimited access but like the OP I experienced unacceptable server performance and technical problems on 2 separate PC’s both above the specifications on the website, which have no problems running many other MMO’s and games.

The technical support (like most MMO) was completely hopeless they replied with generic responses or ignored the information (dxdiag, launcher and crash logs) I sent them when making suggestions.

In my opinion the client is not optimized properly, has a memory leak and the servers are not able to cope with the demand properly, I also experienced quite a few bugs that caused CTD’s or client freezes.

I was quite disappointed because I was hoping to play this as a time filler until other MMO’s release or go into beta this year.

The weird thing is playing on highest or lowest in game settings and all the other things like updating drivers, defragging etc. had virtually no noticeable effect on the performance on either machine I tried it on, and actualy made the problems worse on one of the computers.