Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wow and TBC the same?

Well I'm planing on buying Wow, without TBC. I wanted to take the trial first, to see if I really wanted to buy the game. However, I already used my 7 days trial like 1 year ago ( or so ). Thus, I am planning on taking my 7 day TBC trial. TBC is just an expansion, therefore, is it possible to fall in love with TBC but dislike WOW, and vice versa?

And is it possible to take a 2nd 7 days trial of wow?

I've looked around for privates, but all of them seem to require TBC nowadays. So, please, don't recommend privates.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• cupertinocupertino Member Posts: 1,094

Free 14day trial at www.warcraft.com AFAIK you cannot trial TBC unless you have bought WoW in the pass and have a toon of lvl 58+

• LordKyellanLordKyellan Member Posts: 160

Incorrect... you can trial TBC as long as you have a purchased copy of World of Warcraft. No level requirements necessary at this point. Just did a trial for my girlfriend's acct about 2 weeks ago, highest level character was 40.

Oh, and most of the game is completely the same. 1-60 is still exactly the same in TBC, except you have 2 extra races to choose from. If you dislike WoW, you won't like Burning Crusade, because they share so much. Really, the major difference in the expansion is post-level-60.

--------

"Give a man a fire, and he is warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life."

• KiranaiKiranai Member Posts: 19

I played WoW since release day and only quit about 2 weeks ago.  The Burning Crusade is a nice expansion...the two new races are great.  Honestly I'm not sure I would recommend just buying the original first...maybe you'll want to start out with one of the new races.   But on the other hand, if you don't care about those two races right now or visiting their starting towns, then you could get by on just the original game for a while.  They did speed up the leveling process from 2-50...so it should be faster to get to 60 now anyway...but once you hit 60, you will want to get TBC since its lets you keep going. 

• RuthgarRuthgar Member Posts: 730

WoW and TBC are basically the same.

Try this: WoW is a hamburger and TBC is a cheeseburger. There really isn't much difference, TBC just has more flavor (and cheesy goodness).

If you hated WoW, you won't like TBC. I liked WoW and after a year, don't like TBC as much any more.

• Pappy13Pappy13 Member Posts: 2,138

Originally posted by Unerly

Well I'm planing on buying Wow, without TBC. I wanted to take the trial first, to see if I really wanted to buy the game. However, I already used my 7 days trial like 1 year ago ( or so ). Thus, I am planning on taking my 7 day TBC trial. TBC is just an expansion, therefore, is it possible to fall in love with TBC but dislike WOW, and vice versa?
    And is it possible to take a 2nd 7 days trial of wow?
    I've looked around for privates, but all of them seem to require TBC nowadays. So, please, don't recommend privates.

Thanks in advance.
    Yes you can try the WoW free trial as many times as you like however you'll have to create a new account each time which means that you'll have to start from scratch each time.  And no, you can't try TBC trial unless you already have an existing WoW account.

I agree with the comments above that for the most part TBC and WoW are pretty much one in the same, if you don't like WoW, you probably won't like the TBC.  While you don't really need TBC when you purchase WoW, it does however add quite a few things even for low level characters.  2 new races, 2 new starting areas (take you to about lvl 20), 2 new capitol cities and a new profession (Jewelcrafting), so it's still worth buying if you want, but you can always pick up the expansion at a later time once you are certain you enjoy the game first.