Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I've returned to WoW

Deathstrike2Deathstrike2 Member UncommonPosts: 1,777

I've literally spent months looking for a good MMO after I burnt out on City of Heroes.  I've tried Vanguard, Everquest II, Lineage II, SWG, LOTRO, DDO, POBTS Beta, Eve, and a few others, and I've yet to find one that feels complete.  Although each one of those MMOs had something that was cool, none of them could keep my attention for more than a month or two.  They all seemed broken in some way. 

I really did not want to return to WoW.  I hadn't played the game since April of 2007.  However, in a fit of frustration and boredom, I signed back up last night.  Here's what I was met with:

1.  Graphics that I can easily run on the highest settings without the slightest bit of lag.  No, they're not the greatest, but they're not bad either.

2.  Tons of quests and content.  More than I will probably ever get to.

3.  An active community.  Yes people talk trash about the WoW community here on the boards, but within 20 minutes of logging on, I was invited to a group twice, and I was invited into a friendly casual guild.  The guild member who invited me also said if I needed any kind of help, just ask.  Very nice!

4.  The game works.  I have yet to find a bug of any sort.  Gameplay is fast and fun.

5.  The ability to solo or group.  It's my choice and I don't feel penalized for picking one or the other.

6.  After playing for a half hour, I logged off with the sense of accomplishment.  I finished a couple quests and moved forward.

7.  I can craft, fish, cook, adventure, explore, or just hang out and chat.  There are a ton of things to do besides just grind.  I'm in no race for gear or end game.  Instead I'm enjoying the ride.  In no way do I feel the need to rush to raiding.  I'll leave that to the hardcore guys.

Say what you will about WoW, but there is NO game out right now that can match the quality Blizzard has put into this title.  There is no question in my mind as to why this game is so popular and has so many subs. 

I think I'm going to just stay right here for a while and wait to see how Conan and WAR turn out.  If they're as good or better, I'll give them a go. 

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by Deathstrike2

I think I'm going to just stay right here for a while and wait to see how Conan and WAR turn out.  If they're as good or better, I'll give them a go. 

unless you are an avid Conan or GamesWorkshop or DAOC fan --- thats a good idea

both AOC and WAR are overhyped as the next big thing

• Kamak1r1Kamak1r1 Member UncommonPosts: 14

I had the same problem. City of Heroes, Tabula, LOTRO, Eve...WoW just has more of a long term feeling. Even if you have a break for a couple of months and go back that is what I've been doing. Catch up on some nice First-person shooters etc.

The only new MMO I'll be waiting on is Age of Conan and Blizzards unannounced MMO. Which will wipe clean anything that is out at the time upon its release. Lets face it o.O

• MixieMixie Member Posts: 111

works.  I have yet to find a bug of any sort.  Gameplay is fast and fun.

There are buggs but not any real gamebreakers. Yes i have the same problem, i have tried it all and i havent found anything. I feel like the games i tried have something good but lacks in other stuff, im not going back to wow though not because its bad or so but just for its not my type of mmo.