Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A quick question about System Requirements

Hi everyone

I just want a ask a question about this laptop

http://vaio.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProduct.action?product=VGN-TZ21VN%2FX&site=voe_en_GB_cons&pageType=Overview&category=VN+TZ+Series

If I want to play WoW on this laptop, will it run ok? or what kinda of performance should I expect?

Thanks a lot

Comments

• ShijukiShijuki Member UncommonPosts: 318

It will run pretty well, although I would drop vista for xp if possible for the extra performance.

• cupertinocupertino Member Posts: 1,094

Well I can play WoW on my £350 laptop from PC world, so probably cost £300 online, it has basic intel graphics and runs Vista with 1gig ram and duel core intel.

I cna run WoW in 800x600 on default gfx setting at 20fps, 30fps when i knock the eye candy off and that is in Ironforge Auctionhouse... if I can run WoW then your laptop wont have any issues running widescreen with max gfx.

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

I ran WoW quite well on my Laptop. Vista or XP both ran fine.

Torrential

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Do NOT purchace that laptop for gaming. It has Intel's graphic card, wich is made for office use, not to play 3D games. Look for some laptop with decent grapic card made by NVidia or ATI (nowadays AMD) if you want to play 3D games on your computer.

With that said, WoW requires so little from graphic card that it would run even on that computer.

• LeodicapoLeodicapo Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by Vrika

Do NOT purchace that laptop for gaming. It has Intel's graphic card, wich is made for office use, not to play 3D games. Look for some laptop with decent grapic card made by NVidia or ATI (nowadays AMD) if you want to play 3D games on your computer.

With that said, WoW requires so little from graphic card that it would run even on that computer.
    So, you mean that laptop still can run wow, but it won't run really well?

Actually, the reason I want to buy that laptop is my job need me to travel around euro, so I need a portable laptop, but u know, it will be boring when u return to hotel after work, so I wonder whether that laptop can run wow.

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408
    Originally posted by Leodicapo

Actually, the reason I want to buy that laptop is my job need me to travel around euro, so I need a portable laptop, but u know, it will be boring when u return to hotel after work, so I wonder whether that laptop can run wow.

Well then your priority is still a laptop that can run WoW well since any laptop that does that will be decent for your job as well but not vice versa :)

• Pappy13Pappy13 Member Posts: 2,138
    Originally posted by Leodicapo

I have a business laptop and WoW runs fine on it.  I don't have the video settings turned up to max, just the default settings and get a constant 50 or so FPS.  The laptop doesn't have a "gamer" video card, it has a "business" card in it and it does a pretty good job.  I would say you won't have any problems running the game, just don't expect to crank up the video settings.  Since it's primarily for business, that shouldn't be a problem.