Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RuneScape is dead. RWTs are still alive.

2»

Comments

  • avneetavneet Member Posts: 68

    Yeah that's a big issue with runescape. All they care about is targeting kids and nothing else. They have many older people who would love to play if they would just fix things to aim towards the older people too. There are many things they could have done to please both sides of the community, but they are focusing everything on the kids only.

    That's where compeition comes in. The second someone comes in and appeals to both crowds and cares about the gameplay and community, runescape will be finished off. They need to loose the greed in their minds from targeting kids.

    Even if I compare WoW's graphics to rs right now, I would easily choose WoW over rs. They could make something as simple as WoW graphics and win over so many more people. I think the big money signs in front of their eyes blocks all the rants and suggestions all over their forums.

    I bet next thing they will do is add in a cash shop LOL

    Drackarre-A new medieval fantasy sandbox mmorpg in development by Bungaboo.

  • BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

    Well, take care man. When it comes down to it, friends and interaction are the most important aspect of an MMORPG. So whether its  WoW or Runescape, either game would be good and satisfying with friends.Even crappy Tibia would be the best with friends. Especially if friends in real life play the game. So Good luck to all my friends in the rs and wow community. May we all make our online experiences fun!

  • avneetavneet Member Posts: 68

    Very true. I have the best memories ever playing even the worst of games with friends. Everyone rocking mics and screaming and laughing. That's one thing where the game doesn't matter because friends always have a way to make the worst game fun :D

    Drackarre-A new medieval fantasy sandbox mmorpg in development by Bungaboo.

  • bmdevinebmdevine Member Posts: 429
    Originally posted by avneet


    Yeah that's a big issue with runescape. All they care about is targeting kids and nothing else. They have many older people who would love to play if they would just fix things to aim towards the older people too. There are many things they could have done to please both sides of the community, but they are focusing everything on the kids only.
    That's where compeition comes in. The second someone comes in and appeals to both crowds and cares about the gameplay and community, runescape will be finished off. They need to loose the greed in their minds from targeting kids.
    Even if I compare WoW's graphics to rs right now, I would easily choose WoW over rs. They could make something as simple as WoW graphics and win over so many more people. I think the big money signs in front of their eyes blocks all the rants and suggestions all over their forums.
    I bet next thing they will do is add in a cash shop LOL

    They are so greedy that they don't want more customers and are running the risk of extinction by only focusing on a subset of the gaming population, and because they're so greedy and doing greedy things like what I've described as costing them money, they're going to try to add a cash shop.  Is that an accurate paraphrase of the argument?

  • LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,236

     

    "RuneScape is dead."

     

    Don't they have about 400k or so people paying 5 USD a month currently?

    -- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG - - RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? --
  • BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

    About 2 Million people pay for memberships and about 6 mill play for free.

  • avneetavneet Member Posts: 68
    Originally posted by bmdevine

    Originally posted by avneet


    Yeah that's a big issue with runescape. All they care about is targeting kids and nothing else. They have many older people who would love to play if they would just fix things to aim towards the older people too. There are many things they could have done to please both sides of the community, but they are focusing everything on the kids only.
    That's where compeition comes in. The second someone comes in and appeals to both crowds and cares about the gameplay and community, runescape will be finished off. They need to loose the greed in their minds from targeting kids.
    Even if I compare WoW's graphics to rs right now, I would easily choose WoW over rs. They could make something as simple as WoW graphics and win over so many more people. I think the big money signs in front of their eyes blocks all the rants and suggestions all over their forums.
    I bet next thing they will do is add in a cash shop LOL

    They are so greedy that they don't want more customers and are running the risk of extinction by only focusing on a subset of the gaming population, and because they're so greedy and doing greedy things like what I've described as costing them money, they're going to try to add a cash shop.  Is that an accurate paraphrase of the argument?

     

    I'll start with my cash shop point. I stated "i bet" they will add cash shops meaning it's my own opinion =P

    Your paraphrase confused me with all the greedy repeated that many times per sentence so I shall reparaphrase me points for you :D

    Yes they are greedy for focusing solely on one part of their community when they have such a fan base in age who all would like changes made. I don't understand your point of costing them money when they have revenues from about 2 million members ($120 million a year) not to mention ads and more. Now in no way do their costs on servers, websites, employees exceed that unless Andrew is being paid $110 million+. So why can they not use all the profits they gain to make a more enjoyable game for all of their player base and not just the younger ones? Even something like graphics as stated could be done with that much profit easily and it will be like skimming a penny out of $100.

    This is my paraphrase :D

    And reason I think the game will die is because right now they have no real competitor. The second one comes in, people will easily shift over to a game like rs that gives the best of rs world, plus what they wanted. I mean come on people switching over to Uternum Online and it's so much worse than RS graphically itself. If that game can start stealing RS players, than once an actual good game comes out rs will die.

    Drackarre-A new medieval fantasy sandbox mmorpg in development by Bungaboo.

  • BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

    You are right. Let's see, tradition is what Jagex cares about. If they used to think out of the box, why can't they do that now? Because it's their tradition to be sensitive and ignore suggestions that require them to roll-back one of their updates in favor of a better one. It's also their tradition to get the most superficial shit out of the Rs forums, so the people who have some kind of control are those in the rs forums.

  • avneetavneet Member Posts: 68
    Originally posted by Blissey


    You are right. Let's see, tradition is what Jagex cares about. If they used to think out of the box, why can't they do that now? Because it's their tradition to be sensitive and ignore suggestions that require them to roll-back one of their updates in favor of a better one. It's also their tradition to get the most superficial shit out of the Rs forums, so the people who have some kind of control are those in the rs forums.

     

    I still hope either they started changing for the best of all their communities, or that a new better competition* comes out that has all it has that is good, plus community suggestions and their own ideas to make it better ;]*wink*

    Drackarre-A new medieval fantasy sandbox mmorpg in development by Bungaboo.

  • b2i12b2i12 Member Posts: 75
    Originally posted by Blissey


    About 2 Million people pay for memberships and about 6 mill play for free.

     

    Yea Blissey's right the latest I saw was a total of 8.5 million players total and with Jagex bringing runescape to new countrys. Runescape is definetly not dead and if you have been looking at the recent numbers of online players there way up during this summer compared to a few months ago.

  • Majin_VegetaMajin_Vegeta Member Posts: 5

    RWT trading is virtually dead on RuneScape, and I'm glad Jagex did everything they currently have to stop it. Most games would just sit by and watch their game be ruined, not caring if bots were in their game, as long as they were making money from the bots subscribing, etc.  There is no way for RWT to flourish in RS, the only thing they can do is ask for account information, which means they could and probably would hack you, not to mention most people would not want to "wait" while another person goes and earns the money on the account...and if the person bots on their account, then the account is banned.

     

    RWT is a business (and I use that term loosely) it isn't profitable for them to even go about that way of RWT. They just want money, have you read the reports of those that actually complain that the RWT didn't hold up to their end of the bargain? And what can the player do about it? Nothing, because they broke the rules in the first place.)  If you go play Flyff, Rappelz, WoW, DOMO, etc. You will see the difference between RWT and RS. Even the random company that tries to RWT, I can honestly say would have less of a presence in RS, than any other MMORPG in the world, simply because it isn't worth it to them.

     

    Saying otherwise, is just because you want it to be true, RS is also in the book of world records for having very many players. RS is far from dead.

    image

  • BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515
    Originally posted by Majin_Vegeta


    RWT trading is virtually dead on RuneScape, and I'm glad Jagex did everything they currently have to stop it. Most games would just sit by and watch their game be ruined, not caring if bots were in their game, as long as they were making money from the bots subscribing, etc.  There is no way for RWT to flourish in RS, the only thing they can do is ask for account information, which means they could and probably would hack you, not to mention most people would not want to "wait" while another person goes and earns the money on the account...and if the person bots on their account, then the account is banned.
     
    RWT is a business (and I use that term loosely) it isn't profitable for them to even go about that way of RWT. They just want money, have you read the reports of those that actually complain that the RWT didn't hold up to their end of the bargain? And what can the player do about it? Nothing, because they broke the rules in the first place.)  If you go play Flyff, Rappelz, WoW, DOMO, etc. You will see the difference between RWT and RS. Even the random company that tries to RWT, I can honestly say would have less of a presence in RS, than any other MMORPG in the world, simply because it isn't worth it to them.
     
    Saying otherwise, is just because you want it to be true, RS is also in the book of world records for having very many players. RS is far from dead.

    Really? have you visited perhaps, sythe.com? Have you participated in any of the latest account purchases on the net? What experience do you have that will make us and the rest believe your false claim ? Is the answer "none at all"? Rwt is already an evolved system in which  the constrictions of the goddamn trade limit forced the rest to consider account sales and trading AS A WHOLE. It is a business and it will always be a business. Don't expect the world to suddenly go "honest and truthful" and suddenly rid their minds of the easy way to level. NO.  Unfortunately, The games you mentioned have better ways to rid themselves of the RWT system. It is, the manual IP ban system. It is still effective until today, and many RWT agents on the games mentioned are being brought to JUSTICE without any MAJOR AND CRUCIAL SACRIFICE. many players? Don't tell me the joke that "Runescape has 150 million" accounts, because we all know that majority of those accounts are all bots and unused acc. Your posts make me laugh not because of the way you write but because of the reason. You defend a lost cause son, and if you think this place is the place to preach your "lost cause" then you better check again. TBH ,Too bad you are brainwashed by Jagex's lies and propaganda kid, other than that your posts are hilarious.

  • ng_min_teckng_min_teck Member Posts: 102

    lol rwt on item was sucess stopped but for selling acc or training don't btw if runescape dead why runescape still on there ,won't it closed down lol

    image
    imageimage

  • devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

    Jagex just made this even easier! with Name change you can now purchase an account and rename it to suit your personal tastes! This will be a great selling point for  account sellers.  Now it doesn't matter who the previous owner was, what their reputation was because you can change that after purchase now. Way to go Jagex , making RMT even easier!

  • ng_min_teckng_min_teck Member Posts: 102
    Originally posted by deviliscious


    Jagex just made this even easier! with Name change you can now purchase an account and rename it to suit your personal tastes! This will be a great selling point for  account sellers.  Now it doesn't matter who the previous owner was, what their reputation was because you can change that after purchase now. Way to go Jagex , making RMT even easier!



     

    let me guss why u said rwt more easy done u know the exist acc is same like msn dude just can change the display name

    image
    imageimage

  • DawnsingerDawnsinger Member Posts: 212
    Originally posted by ng_min_teck 
    let me guss why u said rwt more easy done u know the exist acc is same like msn dude just can change the display name

     

    Yes, you can change your display name, and therefore players won't know if you're a bloody scammer, since your name's been changed and you lose your reputation as a scammer!

    Man, you're dumb.

    http://www.havenandhearth.com
    The Best New Sandbox Game Out There.

  • InfoWarzInfoWarz Member Posts: 25

    I totally agree there. I can't even see my friend's highscore because he change his name already. How sad....

    There is no ignorance in fact.

Sign In or Register to comment.