Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

recycle mob models?

NewMonsterNewMonster Member Posts: 417

will Aion have recycle mobs? level 40 mobs look like level 10 mobs? level 70 mobs look like level 50 mobs? only change name?

I dislike mmos that shares the same mob model.... its like the developer are lazy to design a new mob for other level. I dont want Aion to be like archlord and lineage 2 where most mobs share same model. difference is only level and name and sometimes color.

I hope Aion will not be like that.....

Comments

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

There's no info available regarding that issue, i'm afraid. Only thing i've noticed in videos is that mobs are well distributed, with ghosts/bats in ruins and mushrooms in spores forest, so, unless there are 50 spores forest, i doubt you'll be seeing many mushrooms.

• SharajatSharajat Member Posts: 926

Every MMO does this to an extent.  First, it saves money.  Second, it adds continuity (especially if they make a few changes to those models - hey look, those low level people over here were once related to those high level people over there). 

Really, I don't see a big deal as long as its not done too frequently.  I'm fine with seeing a level 60 Skeleton that's the same as a level 30 skeleton with a bigger sword and a little shield, and maybe upscale the model size 15%.  Makes sense to me. 

In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own.

-Thomas Jefferson

• candygirl6candygirl6 Member Posts: 412

I hope it doesn't too much.

Some games do this just way too much.

lvl 1 spider...Lvl 30 Gigantic spider...Lvl 40 Spider Queen

etc..lol