Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game review

ElysseElysse Member Posts: 5

Hi everyone.  I gave this game a try and just thought I would share my thoughts for anyone thinking of giving it a go.

First off this is not like your typical asian mmorpg other than the great character graphics.  Alot of the big turn offs (for me) that are in those others are not present in this game.

1) Its not point and click only.  The command keys are very customizable and cover nearly everything you would want but not all.

2)  The interface layout is also customizable.  I was able to move everything I wanted to move.  You can have multiple shortcut bars and make macros as well.  All good imo.

3)  The world and quests are the most detailed I have seen for a free game.  Certainly as good as some that want a monthly sub.

4)  There is a bank with oddles of storage space.

5)  I saw not one spammer.  They stay on top of it because of the virtual store where you can buy special items etc.  It is in their interest to get rid of them as quick as possible.

6)  Character customization.  Not alot but a good 5 or six faces and hairstyles for each race.  Which is sufficient for me personally.

There are tons of features they are working on implenting.  Crafting is one.

The only thing I didn't like was that the Vail (dark elf) race has this very annoying stooped over run like they had in Lineage 2.  I wanted to play one but I just couldn't stand to look at it running.  Also, races are class restriced.  Not a biggie for me but it may be for some.

I have only just started playing so I can't say what the higher levels are like.  It certainly has nearly everything you see in most western mmo's.  I have played eq, eq2, ac, ac2, daoc, anarchy online, wow and have tried many of the games here.  I almost overlooked this game because of previous experiences with asian mmo's.  This game is a hidden gem.  So if you are looking for a game while you are waiting for something else (I am waiting for Warhammer) or want a decent mmo without the sub.  Give this game a try.  I am sure you will be pleasantly surpised.

Comments

• phatpeteyphatpetey Member Posts: 323

I was doubting to download this game or not but this review made it clear to me. Thnx for your good(or not, i will find out soon) review.

GreetzZz

• QuestionsQuestions Member Posts: 4

I agree with this review. Also dont forget the awesome pvp.

• RedwoodSapRedwoodSap Member Posts: 1,235

PvP is only fun if you are willing to spend hundreds of dollars in the item shop to get double experience stones to level quickly to hard mode and ultimate mode and then spend more money on knockout stat and damage boosts and resurrection stones to avoid permadeath.

• LizardPariahLizardPariah Member Posts: 47

Originally posted by RedwoodSap

PvP is only fun if you are willing to spend hundreds of dollars in the item shop to get double experience stones to level quickly to hard mode and ultimate mode and then spend more money on knockout stat and damage boosts and resurrection stones to avoid permadeath.

I PVP on hard mode and I still own.  If you find a way around their system the PVP is VERY fun and awesome.  Experience stones are worthless.  Leveling quickly is what a party's for...

But if you have no friends then that's a downer ;)

I'm in constantly in a party of  10 and leveling is very fun

• turnipzturnipz Member Posts: 531

"The world and quests are the most detailed I have seen for a free game.  Certainly as good as some that want a monthly sub."

Your kidding right, the world is tiny and the landmarks more often than not do not deserve a name on the map.

• DanlmanDanlman Member UncommonPosts: 13

Originally posted by turnipz

"The world and quests are the most detailed I have seen for a free game.  Certainly as good as some that want a monthly sub."

Your kidding right, the world is tiny and the landmarks more often than not do not deserve a name on the map.

You can say that again. They definitely need to remove the "Massively" out of this MMORPG and instead leave it as MORPG, because there is nothing massive about this game.

Dan H

• PelagatoPelagato Member UncommonPosts: 673

few people? few places?

• BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821

Originally posted by Pelu

few people? few places?

No, don't listen to the bull shit. This game is full of players.

The thing is, the western release we are playing on is brand new (open beta started on December 18th). It is currently on the Episode 2 game update. Episode 3 should be coming some time this month, it will add a lot of content : 2 new maps (in episode 2 there are currently 3 pve and 3 pvp maps), crafting, and more.

The game is actively being developed, new content is coming all the time. In korea they are already on Episode 4, Japan and other countries are on Episode 3.

The game looks like Lineage 2. The game design was done by the same artist who did the art for Lineage 2 and Aion. You can check his site out at kjun.org

The game also feels and plays like Lineage 2, but with more quests, less grind and better Pvp. But of course the game world is currently still smaller, L2 has been around for years. The Pvp is really good. It's a mix between Lineage 2 and DAoC.

It's not just press button 1 and 2 continuously like L2. Here you need tactics, you need to think and take advantage or the terrain, you have several skill combos (skill chains) you will use differently depending on the kind of opponents you fight. There are some great classes, like rangers or assassins, who can stealth, lay traps, disguise and also  transform into the enemy making the enemy believe he is one of their own (this is great for information and intelligence gathering,), etc...

You can also imaging anything, like  sending  an assassin through the enemy's front warrior lines, bypassing the archers and have him land like a bomb in the middle of the enemy's mages and healers   Archers are grest too, they really need to take advantage of the hills and the area's specifics to be awesome support. Yes you need to plan and think about your pvp battles like a chess game. It's awesome with several parties.

And of course, as there are 2 sides on the server (Dark vs Light) you can't understand what the enemy is saying, for this there is the "translation" skill 

Actually, I think this is one of the first mmorpgs that tries to bring something new to the table in a long time. I think what differentiates this game the most from the other mmorpgs is:

1. the 2 server sides (dark vs light) fighting agains each other on the server, RvR 1500x1500 battles. With goddess blessings boosting the stats of all of the players of the server side winning in PVP.

2. 3 playing modes: normal, had mode and ultimate mode. Once you reach lvl 50 in normal you can start hard, at lvl 60 hard you can start ultimate. The harder modes have a slower leveling, but get more starts each level -> stronger chars for equivalent levels.

• MajesticoMajestico Member UncommonPosts: 481

I have just finished downloading and have made a toon.  Have not played properly yet, as I just dipped in to see what it was like.

The graphics are excellent, as good as many pay2play games.  It does look very much like lineage2.  In fact, from what I have seen so far, this game may cause me to never return to L2.

I may be sorely wrong, and I hope that I'm not.

I shall update this post when I have had more experience.

• CriozaCrioza Member Posts: 24

Thanks ^^ i was wondering bout that. Im starting out an elf archer and i need some tips XD i played last chaos but this blows it away.

the only thing i like about Last chaos better is the Healer emotes and their sexy dieing animation XD and their "no armor" mode ^^