Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Customizability

embodyembody Member Posts: 8

Now, I have read and researched quite a bit on Aion's customizability. I do adore the character creation customs, it seems like it has taken a step further than Linage2. Thats a good thing. =)

Armor can be dyed.. myeah... thats a cool feature i suppose...

BUT I could only count (from the armor/dance video) 20 sets of armor on male and 20 on female. That is sortof sad isn't it? Basicly 5 per class... isn't that even LESS than lineage2? That just makes me want to cry! :S

I do however suppose the devs will boast that the armor customization is extremely good and diverse (cus they got DYES OMG!) and will have millions of diffrent looks! But.. I dont see it that way.. 5 per base class is just sad and lazy, with 150 people working on the game they could at least set a couple to do some armor textures.

So.. I suppose theres a question in here somewhere begging to be asked, are there more armors than we have seen in the "armor/dance" video.. or not? Im asking because Ncsoft claims they are making Aion more western than Lineage2.. and.. Im western... and I like having ALOT of diffrent armor looks to choose from.. essentially not looking like everyone else.

Also, how do you obtain armors? do you buy them from shops, do they drop randomly (much like wow) or will they be crafted in the same lame way as in Lineage2? I felt L2 had a HEAVY shortcoming in crafting and armor diversity.. so.. Expressing concearns..

Im feeling pretty sure im not the only one that feels this way, or what? oO

Comments

• embodyembody Member Posts: 8

what does that have to do with the subject?

• zereelistzereelist Member Posts: 373

The video is just showing some of the armors, just like other videos showing only some of the character customization.

As for obtaining them vendor,crafting,drops,quests. More like WoW where you upgrade things often.

• Dippy11Dippy11 Member UncommonPosts: 283

The game is still being developed.  Until we get a release date or at least the NA/EU beta, your concerns are premature.  I'm not entirely sure, but I believe that a variety of fancy armor and weapons would be one of the last things to be implemented.  I find the fact that they already have ~20 sets of unique armor to be encouraging. 

However, I too hope we are given many choices to customize our characters; and not just visuals. 

This article (3 parts) is pretty much all that we know about the game so far.  The following is all that was said about armor: 

You can customize your armor with different colors of dye (like in Guild Wars and EverQuest), and when a set is complete, there is a glow surrounding the character. Dye can be purchased from a NPC, prices aren't high, but perhaps there is rare colors only availble with PVP or PVE.

One thing that makes Aion special is that you can upgrade your equipment without changing your skin, it's like transferring stats from an item to another, without changing its appearance (don’t know if its only for crafted items or every items). Also, armors look great even at low level and the same armor will look different whether it's wearied by an Asmodian or an Elyos.

• embodyembody Member Posts: 8

I sure hope you guys are right. I just havent seen any other type of armor in any videos yet.. Im just hoping they dont rely 100% on the transferring stats and dye. =)

• suu141suu141 Member Posts: 249

The armor/dance video only show few samples of armor(I'm sure it took forever just to splice together 40 different videos and make it look seamless). This video is almost a year old, and out of the army of developers, they have a few that is devoted only to designing new armor sets until the product is released. I can only assume there's a whole bunch yet to be seen.

This is the armor/dance video you mentioned:

E3 2007

This isn't saying much, but here's a few vids showing armor not seen in the E3 vid:

Class intro

Gladiator

Priest 1

Priest 2

Mage 1

Mage 2

"When you're born you're naked, when you die you're naked again, and in-between all we do is work, eat, and play MMOs." ~Forum Warrior #141

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081

You'll also be able to adjust your body type, proportions, hair style, color, eye color, runes/tattoos, height, voice, and voice pitch, as well!

• Khan187Khan187 Member Posts: 168

Originally posted by zereelist

The video is just showing some of the armors, just like other videos showing only some of the character customization.
    As for obtaining them vendor,crafting,drops,quests. More like WoW where you upgrade things often.
    No offense, but why do people assume everyone has played WoW

Some of us (awright! maybe just me )didn't like the goblin looking graphics and never found it attractive