Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arena Levels

sqwigginssqwiggins Member Posts: 286

I just wanted to know the arena levels. I know there is 1-10 but then is the next one 10-20?

Comments

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

thats a good question... i stoped going to those arenas

basically because you can make a lvl 20 pvp character with the same skills you have on your lvl 1-20 and it will work better

(unless your RP character has the extra bonuses and that umphf only RP can give)

i think but do not quote me, they locked those.

they might be there still but i doubt anyone goes anymore with the PVP islands.

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210

Originally posted by Squal'Zell

basically because you can make a lvl 20 pvp character with the same skills you have on your lvl 1-20 and it will work better
    (unless your RP character has the extra bonuses and that umphf only RP can give)
    they might be there still but i doubt anyone goes anymore with the PVP islands.

Actually that is VERY wrong

Although all Max level pvp is done on the battle isle, it is still VERY popular...   The GvG ladder was reset just two weeks ago and as that hasn't happened in about a year, there is currently a mad GvG dash for the top of the ladder going on right now

imageimage

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

From what I know only some of those arenas were locked, the rest are open.

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

Originally posted by Lonesamurai1

Originally posted by Squal'Zell

they might be there still but i doubt anyone goes anymore to the low lvl arenas with the PVP islands in the game.
    Actually that is VERY wrong

Although all Max level pvp is done on the battle isle, it is still VERYpopular...   The GvG ladder wasreset just two weks ago and as tha hasn;t happened in about a year, their is currently a mad GvG dash for the top of the ladder going on right now

whoa i juste realized the massive typo i did, (thats what you get for writing your stuff in the early hours of the morning, (the post has been corrected in red to what i actually meant)

and what does GvG have to do with low lvl arenas?

• NoUrbanLightNoUrbanLight Member Posts: 70

Originally posted by sqwiggins

I just wanted to know the arena levels. I know there is 1-10 but then is the next one 10-20?
    I just figured I'd churn out the numbers since others didn't.

Ascalon Arena is open to a max level of 10 and is connected to Ascalon.

Shiverpeak Arena is open to a max level of 15 and is connected to Yak's Bend.

Shing Jea Arena is open to a max level of 10 and is connected to Shing Jea Monastery.

Sunspear Arena is open to a max level of 10 and is connected to Kamadan, Jewel of Istan.

~~~~~
    "Big surprise... there was no protection by this urban light..."

• lightbladelightblade Member Posts: 219

..., there is currently a mad GvG dash for the top of the ladder going on right now
    Uh..no..

The ladder only thrown out any guild that hasn't played a match in the last 3 months, which...I believe all the guilds on the ladder play at least a match a week.  Besides, the ladder only resets your ranking, not your rating.  So when you're guild start playing again, it'll put your original rank...or even lower rank.

DF is at 1750 rating points.  It'll take a new guild winning 250 continuous matches against guilds that has higher rank than them.  That is not some goal that can be achieved in a month.

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210
    Originally posted by lightblade

..., there is currently a mad GvG dash for the top of the ladder going on right now
    Uh..no..

The ladder only thrown out any guild that hasn't played a match in the last 3 months, which...I believe all the guilds on the ladder play at least a match a week.  Besides, the ladder only resets your ranking, not your rating.  So when you're guild start playing again, it'll put your original rank...or even lower rank.

DF is at 1750 rating points.  It'll take a new guild winning 250 continuous matches against guilds that has higher rank than them.  That is not some goal that can be achieved in a month.

Well I beg to differ, but instead of quibbling I shall ask Andrew Patrick and Martin Kerstein to confirm and get back to you...

imageimage

• Synth.eticSynth.etic Member Posts: 36

lightblade is correct (lonesamurai - typical community rep in GW, not having a clue about PvP, tut tut).

The last ladder reset was, what, over a year ago? Anet said they would not be resetting again (though they have been known to change their minds on such matters). After people complained en masse about the multitude of inactive Guilds occupying ladder spots, they implimented this new Decay system, which for the most will be completely fucking useless. If the Guild hasnt played for a period of 3 months, they will drop off the ladder, but retain their rating, thereby enabling them to hop right back to their previous position at any time they like simply by playing one game. Most of the complaints were aimed at empty Guilds in the top100 - the ex-members of said Guilds will either retain their position by playing once every 3 months, or sell the Guild to scrubs for champ point farming. Or use them as smurf-guilds. Not playing for 1 month would have been more logical imo.

P.S. DF have split - too many of their members committing to other Guilds, usual crap.

P.S.S. It would take an age to overtake DFs spot playing only ladder matches - but could be done in probably a couple of weeks by playing Tourneys (of course assuming you have some of the best players in the game).

P.S.S.S. All the random scrubs competing in the latter stages of the monthly just past saddened me.