Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Experiencing very poor performance, need help

I was very pleasantly surprised by this games features and content despite my initial low expectations considering its target audience but I immediately wanted to pay the very reasonable cost of only 9.99$’s for 1 months subscription after playing the trial.

But unfortunately the terrible performance I’m getting from the game engine makes it almost unplayable in some situations, I was expecting similar fps, loading times etc. from a game like WoW which I could play with perfectly acceptable performance above the minimum settings I have been using with POTC.

I’ve read people reporting that upgrading to unlimited improved performance but I have not passed the 7 days add free trial yet so the adverts are currently not displaying on my client, so I was wondering if anyone gained performance after paying for unlimited.

Comments

• PolarizationPolarization Member Posts: 1,410

I decided to install the game on a second computer that is well above the minimum or even recommended specifications and to my surprise it also got similar poor performance on all the settings I tried despite having improved the graphics slightly.

First computer roughly twice the minimum specs AMD processor with ATI graphics card and the second computer with well over twice the recommended specifications with intel processor and nvidea graphics card both have very poor performance.

I don’t understand why this is the case unless the client is not optimized and/or the network code is struggling ,also noticed there’s quite a bad memory leak, anyone experienced better performance?

• Capt.MorganCapt.Morgan Member Posts: 3

I haven't had too much of an issue with bad performance. I can't imagine what the problem would be, though I do have the unlimited version, though doesn't make sense why THAT would be the deciding factor. I do hope you get it figured out though, the game is very entertaining.

~Capt. Morgan

Now, bring me that horizon.

• BulveighBulveigh Member UncommonPosts: 39

[edit] Sry think its the potbs forum :P but its potco forum hrhrhr.

• PolarizationPolarization Member Posts: 1,410

Let me just define what I consider poor performance I’mexperiencing for clarity

FPS going below the acceptable levels of between 25-30 fps at a minimum whenever even relatively small groups of player or NPC avatars in land or sea combat are displayed (especially on land not so bad at sea)

Excessive loading times considering the games purported system requirements when transiting between instances or land and sea areas.

Server latency and/or path finding and/or my computers poor performance with the client causing effects like warping and rubber banding for AI and others players avatars not displaying correctly or frozen in the client.

I really want to play this game I surprisingly enjoyed it as much or perhaps more in some aspects to voyage century and POTBS despite my initial skepticism before I played it.

I find a lot of its features very appealing including its non linear and semi sandbox / skill based type game play, the room for a surprising amount of tactical options in naval game play and the implementation of the different combat systems like semi fps for pistol and real time melee for cutlass for example.

But i just cant enjoy the game with such low FPS and freezing especialy in crowded areas on two different computers both above the minimum or recomended specifications.

• strutter78strutter78 Member Posts: 90

Getting the same here...loss of FPS and lots of rubberbanding...even on quiet and ideal servers. Not sure whats going on, but all my other MMOs are playing just fine.

Hope they get this figured out, because this game is fun, and a nice alternative to WoW.

"I'm a Alpha male on Beta blockers"-The Immortal George Carlin

RIP
    Ronnie James Dio 2010(The greatest Voice in Rock)