Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this better than World Of Warcraft????

AznChimpGuyAznChimpGuy Member Posts: 29

 Is Guild Wars Better Im Confused cuz I played World of warcraft but I dont know about Guild wars cuz i did not play it yet................

Comments

  • TalynTalyn Member UncommonPosts: 587

    Apples and Oranges, seriously.

    WoW and GW are totally different types of games. The only two things they have in common is they're both fantasy and they're both played online only.

    WoW has the persistent world, crafting, raids, etc.

    GW is totally instanced; each zone is created just for your group. The only time you'll meet other players is in towns and outposts.

    WoW is all about what level you are and how good your gear is. GW is all about how you spec your attributes and which skills you bring along with you. Unlike WoW where you have access to all your skills (therefore needing multiple hotbars) GW only lets you bring 8 skills with you at a time out of the hundreds you will learn. It's very much like building a deck for Magic: the Gathering in that respect, sometimes you'll want a very general all-purpose build, other times you may want a build you designed for a very specific purpose.

    It's like comparing Unreal Tournament to Rainbow Six -- they're both "shooters" but the similarities both begin and end there. The same applies when comparing GW and WoW.

  • Amy_joAmy_jo Member Posts: 70



    I play both games.  And love both for what they are.  But it all just depends on what you are looking for and what you want to do.  

    Guild wars is my "get away" game.  When I don't want to have to deal with anyone or have to party with other people I will play that. 

    Not that I don't solo 95% of the time in both games reguardless, but WoW you have a lot more "social" involvment, but in Guildwars you can restrict it for the most part.

    Everything is totally different.  I would suggest that if you want to play it get a trial key and test it before you decide to buy it. 

  • Better at what?  Match play PvP no question.  Anything else?  It depends.

  • brownspankbrownspank Member Posts: 247

    I'd say go ahead and try Guild Wars, since it doesn't have a monthly fee, and you'll only need to spend for the game account. I'd recommend getting the Nighfall campaign, so that you get to test out all most of the features that Guild Wars has to offer.

    Better yet, if you know someone who has a buddy key to spare, that'd allow you to try out GW without having to shell out any cash.

  • Lt.DeadendLt.Deadend Member Posts: 325

    Wow has a Gear grind -Max lvl pvp is 90% gear dependant 10% practice-

    Guild wars no Gear grind -Max lvl pvp is 90% skill based 10% practice-

    I allso like to say guild wars has a more balanced pvp system, but some may debate that.

    The PVE instance/dungeons I think are close,.they each have there fine points.

    Crafting? each game has about the same type of crafting (pretty much just craft for your self) wow is some what better cus I guess you can sell some stuff,. ,.ZZzz I guess,. Crafting sucks in both games,.

    Solo? well there around the same solo,.In wow you can meet up with others when ur busy in your grind,.guild wars not as much,.

    At the end of the day,if you end up in a good guild and use TS/vent and keep in touch and your active,.wow and GW dont fall all that far from each other,..THE BIG deal is the max lvl pvp,.And guild wars I would have to say is much much better.

    wow-70 priest/70 mage

    GW- all skills

    the nice thing about GW is I can respec regear and play what ever i want,.I worked hard to get it all mind you.

    In wow respecing is not so bad,. but the new gear grind or lvling a new toon to 70 is painfull and for me,. its game breaking,..Cus I just want to pvp,.. Zzzzz PVP weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,..

     

     

  • Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193
    Originally posted by Lt.Deadend


    Wow has a Gear grind -Max lvl pvp is 90% gear dependant 10% practice-
    Guild wars no Gear grind -Max lvl pvp is 90% skill based 10% practice-
    I allso like to say guild wars has a more balanced pvp system, but some may debate that.
    The PVE instance/dungeons I think are close,.they each have there fine points.
    Crafting? each game has about the same type of crafting (pretty much just craft for your self) wow is some what better cus I guess you can sell some stuff,. ,.ZZzz I guess,. Crafting sucks in both games,.
    Solo? well there around the same solo,.In wow you can meet up with others when ur busy in your grind,.guild wars not as much,.
    At the end of the day,if you end up in a good guild and use TS/vent and keep in touch and your active,.wow and GW dont fall all that far from each other,..THE BIG deal is the max lvl pvp,.And guild wars I would have to say is much much better.
    wow-70 priest/70 mage
    GW- all skills
    the nice thing about GW is I can respec regear and play what ever i want,.I worked hard to get it all mind you.
    In wow respecing is not so bad,. but the new gear grind or lvling a new toon to 70 is painfull and for me,. its game breaking,..Cus I just want to pvp,.. Zzzzz PVP weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,..
     
    Its not THAT much man. Gear in the end is about 70% and your skill is about 30%. Not 90. It does take some skill but not as much as GW. I quit GW a while ago. Im starting to miss it but I think ill just come back when GW 2 comes out instead.
     
     

     

  • Lt.DeadendLt.Deadend Member Posts: 325
    Originally posted by Calintz333



     
    Its not THAT much man. Gear in the end is about 70% and your skill is about 30%. Not 90. It does take some skill but not as much as GW. I quit GW a while ago. Im starting to miss it but I think ill just come back when GW 2 comes out instead.
     
     

     I guess 70% is fair,.and depending on the class your class has to take down the skill can vary.

     

  • MyskMysk Member Posts: 982

    My quick answer would be no, it's not better than WoW.  Note though that I'm not a fan of either game and they both have their ups and downs; others here have covered those and will probably continue to do so.

  • gil0gil0 Member Posts: 32

    i think WOW a little bit better, but if you look at the price GW is a LOT better. WOW costs 160 euro a month GW just 40 euro for always.

    Be nice and click this link
    miniconomy and play the best online text based trade game on the net.

  • QmireQmire Member Posts: 423

     

    Originally posted by gil0


    i think WOW a little bit better, but if you look at the price GW is a LOT better. WOW costs 160 euro a month GW just 40 euro for always.

     

    ouch 160 Euro a month? i wonder how many accounts you ran around with there.

    Anyways as said above, they are pretty different i have both but haven't played GW for a while now, i like both the pve and pvp part so WoW sorta wins it there, and it's always easy just to jump straight into a BG just to fool around.

     

    Also with high Arena Teams it becomes more of skill and tactics than gear, though the gear factor does proove the right to whether you can burst one down or you can't but the burst teams are as good as dead with the high arena gears it's all about tactics and how you play to endure your enemy.

  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,524
    Overall, WoW is better game than Guild Wars is. But GW isn't bad game either, and it's so diffirent from WoW that fair comparing isn't really possible.



    If you want to do raids with other players, crafting and trading, or just play for longer perioids, I'd say that WoW is much better. And if you want just to play alone for a while and have some fun, then GW is better.



    Just check out GW for yourself, since there is no monthly fee playing isn't too expensive.
     
  • AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

    They are uncomparable in my opinion.

    ?

Sign In or Register to comment.