Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WAR guild beta ?

Does anyone know if WAR guild beta has actually started yet or not ?

Comments

• krezzinkrezzin Member Posts: 23

No one has any clues ?

• candygirl6candygirl6 Member Posts: 412

There's a WAR beta going on, they have over 400k players testing atm. You can still subscribe to their newsletter and maybe get an invite, it's closed atm.

yeah i do know that normal beta has resumed, i'm actually more curious as to whether anyone knows if guild beta has actually started yet or not.

Oh, I'm sorry , I guess those people are playing atm. It's closed atm, idk.

www.warhammeronline.com/english/community/guildBeta/form.php

• elvenangelelvenangel Member Posts: 2,205

Originally posted by krezzin

yeah i do know that normal beta has resumed, i'm actually more curious as to whether anyone knows if guild beta has actually started yet or not.

That sort of information is under the NDA.   They can say they are in beta but nothing about it or what phase.   According to the last news letter though Guild beta is scheduled for this month.  If your guild hasn't heard anything by now then they're not part of the current beta phase.

Please Refer to Doom Cat with all conspiracies & evil corporation complaints. He'll give you the simple explination of..WE"RE ALL DOOMED!

Oops didn't realize it was against NDA to  talk about phase of beta

• OrcaOrca Member UncommonPosts: 629

Originally posted by candygirl6
    There's a WAR beta going on, they have over 400k players testing atm. You can still subscribe to their newsletter and maybe get an invite, it's closed atm.

Hardly...

Futilez - Mature MMORPG Community

Correcting people since birth.

Originally posted by Orca

Hardly...

Well, they say and claim otherwise. I don't know how you would know the exact numbers compared to them.

"Zo zijn er momenteel maar liefst 400 000 deelnemers waardoor het één van de succesvolste beta's in de MMO wereld is. Door de grote respons van de community wordt er enorm veel verwacht van het spel dat in het begin van 2008 zou moeten uitkomen."

I'll translate it quick,

"There's atm more than 400.000 participants, making it one of the most succesfull beta's in the MMO genre. Because of the big responce of the community, there's gone a lot of anticipation to the game that wil be released in the beginning of 2008."

• AlariusAlarius Member Posts: 15

There's over 500,000 people who are awaiting an invitation to beta.

But 400,000 people participating?  That would be almost the definition of an open beta and would definately be within the realm of a server stress test.  No way, this isn't even the final beta round.

I say "hardly" as well.

Originally posted by Alarius

But 400,000 people participating?  That would be almost the definition of an open beta and would definately be within the realm of a server stress test.  No way, this isn't even the final beta round.

I say "hardly" as well.
    Well it says so in the press release.

Sorry, it's not an english site, but my translation is correct

www.9lives.be/node/98282

I just wrote what it said, no motive for me to lie, shrug.

• AlariusAlarius Member Posts: 15

Ah, just as I suspected.  The article that you cited was released in May of 07.

In May of 07, there were approximately 400k people signed up to participate in the beta via the email sign up that had been instituted only a month or two earlier.

Of course, you can see this by looking at the comments, all the comments on the article are from May, 07.

There's only supposed to be 10k people invited to the Beta 2, which was the estimated amount many months ago.

Ah, just as I suspected.  The article that you cited was released in May of 07.

In May of 07, there were approximately 400k people signed up to participate in the beta via the email sign up that had been instituted only a month or two earlier.

Of course, you can see this by looking at the comments, all the comments on the article are from May, 07.

There's only supposed to be 10k people invited to the Beta 2, which was the estimated amount many months ago.
    Ok I see, I did a search for "warhammer" on that site because I wanted to see what the game was about. Never noticed the date.

Anyway, 10k for a second beta should be enough to stress test it probably, lol.

• OrcaOrca Member UncommonPosts: 629

But 400,000 people participating? That would be almost the definition of an open beta and would definately be within the realm of a server stress test. No way, this isn't even the final beta round.

I say "hardly" as well.

Well it says so in the press release.
    Sorry, it's not an english site, but my translation is correct
    www.9lives.be/node/98282
    I just wrote what it said, no motive for me to lie, shrug.

sadly i dont read belgishcksk(or luckily, depends on your POV)

But i know, by just going to the WAR official page, that there have been 550k applicants for WAR, and i undoubtly believe that they let 80% of those in.

Not when the game is still under NDA and in closed beta.

Futilez - Mature MMORPG Community

Correcting people since birth.