Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FURY Arena Ladders

2»

Comments

• MoJawKMoJawK Member Posts: 45

Well I logged in last night, with basically no gear and managed to get 2 of my old guildies to join me and try it aswell. We spent about 2 and 1/2 hours trying to play Elimination 4v4 and Vortex. During this time period we got 2 vortex games and no Elims.

I noticed a number of things,

1) Population is super low, many 30 people online TOPS last night, near impossible to get games.

2) The standard of players now is pretty horrible, I had pretty much no gear and saw the 3rd highest player on the ladder solo at the side of the map and engaged him 1v1, I destroyed him easily with no gear. Cemcanatar was trashing the other teams letting them know they were doomed before we started :) Out of a guild of 120+ members, 3 players have logged in since Decemeber. They really did kill the game! Saying that gear is alot more balanced than when I played pre AoTC and that was one of my major gripes with the game.

3) Combat has been slowed down alot and it feels almost slow / boring trying to kill people. I think movement speed has been nerfed too.

4) The interface seems alot cleaner and a number of bugs have been fixed, however it seems like too little too late.

If they removed all the procs and sped the game back up, I feel it could still be decent and more balanced than it was before. The only way I could see myself playing again is if I could get like 10 of our best guilds players and 4v4 Elim each other all night, but I'm sure that would get pretty old fast.

They should run a script to remove all legacy / faction items and re-credit gold for these and also any spend colouring the items. That could go along way to helping bring back some players cause its a little rough logging in and having NO gear / items.

Also expect to waiting ages for support to answer tickets, I really don't think they have many staff left and that Loooser email could have been written so much better to get people to come check out the changes.

Knights of Darkness

Undefeated in Guild Wars Pre-CU SWG, Corbantis Server
    Former Rank 1 Guild CoH/CoV, Pinnacle Server
    Former Rank 1 Guild Fury, Hadralas Server

• SpatterCatSpatterCat Member UncommonPosts: 80

Last night (Thursday, 1/31) was the worst I'd seen in quite some time for population. Had me worried, truth be told.  At the same time, i got to show Deamon Sol around, and get a few bouts in here and there. What I'd like to see is more Bloodbath... why don't people run it?

• Deamon_SolDeamon_Sol Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by SpatterCat

Last night (Thursday, 1/31) was the worst I'd seen in quite some time for population. Had me worried, truth be told.  At the same time, i got to show Deamon Sol around, and get a few bouts in here and there. What I'd like to see is more Bloodbath... why don't people run it?

If there were more ppl like Splatter the game would be alot more inviting for new players

its rare to find someone who is willing to answer stupid questions from a new comer let alone run around with him for an hour or 2 showing him the ropes and sugesting improvments on his build

i admit i have along way to go still but because of ppl like splatter that learning curve just became a little less steep and made it alot easier to stay and play the game

• SpatterCatSpatterCat Member UncommonPosts: 80

Ahhh, Sol already kicks my ass... And btw, you're on the ladder! Pretty sure it resets tonight at midnight, so you'll have a fresh week to work with.