Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RFO Is it worth the download?

wargassmwargassm Member Posts: 76

Well first off welcome to this thread.  now on tot he nitty gritty.

Is RFO worth the download?  IMO no.  here is why.

This game is a Korean MMO, thus its a serious grind fest.  While most players in game are helpful but support from codemasters is lacking.  Virtually no GM's and those who have exploited their way to the top in game are vary corrupt.   you see in this game you have 3 factions. Accretia, Bellato and cora.  Each race is KOS with each other.  Max level in the game is 55 currently there are no 55's but there is a few lvl 53 players.  While the graphics aqre decent game play is mind numbing boring.    Each race can player kill each other if they choose. this is done by purchasing a chaos charger from the hero NPC.  Each race has what is called a race leader and 8 support race Archons.  5 of these folks are voted on by the race the rest are appointed by the race leader.  

Also when elected to race leader you receive 50% of the commission of in game purchase from the auction house.  Needless to say it pays to be race leader.  Here is the catch, you have to have a certain amount of CP (CP is pvp kill points.  You get a certain amount for killing say players of the opposite race.  Some times you can get 500 per kill others you can get 4000-5000).  in order to be able to get on the ballot you must be in the top 8 in CP. (vs those on the ballot.  a lvl 35 can run for race leader but if you only have 500,00 cp you will gt kicked off the ballot for someone who has more CP than you.  Again only the top 8 in cp on the ballot will be voted on.)

Each race leader has the ability to mark players of their own race as a race target or wanted person or they can even chat ban you.  They need no reason to do so and they can do it to anyone they choose.  Now imagine this kind of influence some 18 or 19 year old kid that is on an E-tuff power trip.  This game is so exploitable that even the best intention by codemasters is turned around on them.  This game had great promise, but falls short.

Comments

• mike480mike480 Member Posts: 75

It depends what u think iis worth it.  I played the game and thought it was pretty good, and i thought the race wars were pretty cool.  I like how the whole thing revolves around the community.  If you like pvp, then this is definately worth downloading.

• Stith16Stith16 Member Posts: 113

Originally posted by wargassm

This game is a Korean MMO, thus its a serious grind fest.  While most players in game are helpful but support from codemasters is lacking.  Virtually no GM's and those who have exploited their way to the top in game are vary corrupt.   you see in this game you have 3 factions. Accretia, Bellato and cora.  Each race is KOS with each other.  Max level in the game is 55 currently there are no 55's but there is a few lvl 53 players.  While the graphics aqre decent game play is mind numbing boring.    Each race can player kill each other if they choose. this is done by purchasing a chaos charger from the hero NPC.  Each race has what is called a race leader and 8 support race Archons.  5 of these folks are voted on by the race the rest are appointed by the race leader.  
        Also when elected to race leader you receive 50% of the commission of in game purchase from the auction house.  Needless to say it pays to be race leader.  Here is the catch, you have to have a certain amount of CP (CP is pvp kill points.  You get a certain amount for killing say players of the opposite race.  Some times you can get 500 per kill others you can get 4000-5000).  in order to be able to get on the ballot you must be in the top 8 in CP. (vs those on the ballot.  a lvl 35 can run for race leader but if you only have 500,00 cp you will gt kicked off the ballot for someone who has more CP than you.  Again only the top 8 in cp on the ballot will be voted on.)
    Each race leader has the ability to mark players of their own race as a race target or wanted person or they can even chat ban you.  They need no reason to do so and they can do it to anyone they choose.  Now imagine this kind of influence some 18 or 19 year old kid that is on an E-tuff power trip.  This game is so exploitable that even the best intention by codemasters is turned around on them.  This game had great promise, but falls short.

This is some good insite on someone who just started playing.  But I have to disagree with some of the stuff you have said.

The leveling issue is not real important considering level only influences the armor/weapons/items you can use.  Level 55 isnt that high really compared to games like Anarchy Online 200 + 20 Shadow Levels + I dont know how many alien levels or Asherons Call which goes up to 275.

I can see why someone who has the most pvp influence on the server should have a chance to become the race leader.  They are probably the most dedicated people.  Yes they probably will use their power to piss off some players, just dont piss them off.  Also there is a vote so some random guy probably wont have a chance of winning anyways.

So far my only problem with the game is that I don't get a lot of response from people around me.  I'm new and I have some questions that the slow loading main website doesn't seem to answer very well.  I even googled a few things first.  But I just can't seem to get anyone to help answer a few simple questions.

• ZagatoMKRZagatoMKR Member UncommonPosts: 263

Well if you're new and like a chance of getting on some of that high spot action, you might want to play on one of the newer servers (Lumen or Solus). Cora race is the hardest to play as they are always underpopulated (unlike in Korea which brings up imbalance issues), but if you are willing to spend some money on the cash shop and have lots of time to play the game, you can get to the top ten. When I quit (from reasons above, CM was the only one) I was a lvl47 xClass (bad choice on my part btw, xClasses on Cora side suck), but before leaving the game, I got three jades to be able to use lvl50 equipment and went on a killing spree. By the end of the day (around 22h) my CP variation was at +52k (and I lost 5.5k from deaths), so as you can see, you can get to high spots on the leader board. More on my "adventure" that day at http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245368.

Cheers.

• ArawonArawon Member Posts: 1,108

Idea appealing....implementation of idea poor.......same ole same ole   asian grind feast.

• CriozaCrioza Member Posts: 24

This game isn't THAT bad, i mean your talking about it like it was a runescape clone, no. Its far better then that. This game is good for those who like its style, its intense pvp action and race wars and stuff, and it was only made in 06, it had much promise in the future to be mmo super power. right now i know it can be a grind, but its a preety fun grind if you know what i mean. Might not be as fun as WoW, but for a f2p, this is preety good.

• fantarosfantaros Member Posts: 394

Originally posted by Crioza

This game isn't THAT bad, i mean your talking about it like it was a runescape clone, no. Its far better then that. This game is good for those who like its style, its intense pvp action and race wars and stuff, and it was only made in 06, it had much promise in the future to be mmo super power. right now i know it can be a grind, but its a preety fun grind if you know what i mean. Might not be as fun as WoW, but for a f2p, this is preety good.

I have to disagree, the game IS THAT bad. The grind is there and it is really long and boring. The cash shop is there and it gives a very big advantage to people who have the cash to use it. The way CM supports their product is an example for other companies to avoid.

• Munkyman1Munkyman1 Member Posts: 221

in short i would say dont bother, and i played for over a year.  Its grind, and having gone free to play with cash shop and bots and spammers...its all shyte now. Beyond that they are having terrible server crashes.  but if u dont believe me, go to www.rf-onlinegame.com zip onto the official forums, and see the general populations feeligs for yourself.  hate to say it, cuz i played so long and had good times...but its not worth it.

• Munkyman1Munkyman1 Member Posts: 221

"The leveling issue is not real important considering level only influences the armor/weapons/items you can use.  Level 55 isnt that high really compared to games like Anarchy Online 200 + 20 Shadow Levels + I dont know how many alien levels or Asherons Call which goes up to 275."

well if 55 isnt enough for anyone to puke, hop on and do it.  you tell me how long u can before u wanna vomit for killing the same things over and over and over and over and over for months and months to get small percents, that unless ure willing to use cash-shp (which is currently offline) and get xp recovery pills if u die there is up to 20% xp loss penalty.   and yes hate me all you want...but the only ppl 50+ are people who literally do nothing but play the game most the day/week/month/year.  its grind mate all grind, and it get very very very slow and long...dam 200 lvls in RF? lol what sick future u wanna live in?

• common-mancommon-man Member Posts: 16

Come on wargasm its not that bad. Lvlin is so easy its kinda sad. Lvl 30 in 2 days easy. To 40 in 2 more days no problem. Lvl 45 in 2 weeks after that cake. Lvl 49 to 50 is the only pain really. And lvl 55 is a pipe dream for most ppl but really who cares, all the good skills are done by 50 anyway. 55 is just a bonus for ppl with no lives. The game is good for one reason in my perspective, after little more than 3 months you can pvp with the best of them unlike other "hardcore" pvp games that you can be lvlin for years to try and catch ppl.

• wargassmwargassm Member Posts: 76
    Originally posted by Stith16

Originally posted by wargassm

This is some good insite on someone who just started playing.  But I have to disagree with some of the stuff you have said.

The leveling issue is not real important considering level only influences the armor/weapons/items you can use.  Level 55 isnt that high really compared to games like Anarchy Online 200 + 20 Shadow Levels + I dont know how many alien levels or Asherons Call which goes up to 275.

I can see why someone who has the most pvp influence on the server should have a chance to become the race leader.  They are probably the most dedicated people.  Yes they probably will use their power to piss off some players, just dont piss them off.  Also there is a vote so some random guy probably wont have a chance of winning anyways.

So far my only problem with the game is that I don't get a lot of response from people around me.  I'm new and I have some questions that the slow loading main website doesn't seem to answer very well.  I even googled a few things first.  But I just can't seem to get anyone to help answer a few simple questions.

I do not know how long you have been playing the game my friend, but i have in fact played the game since 1 week before launch.  So please act like your the all knowing of all.  Besides all you have to do to exploit the PVP system for CP is to have a few  alts or bots on the opposite race for instance take Cora.  So if i wanted to yes i could grind out enough CP to pass up 3.5 mil but that would be exploiting the system which they have done and i refuse to do.

• fantarosfantaros Member Posts: 394

Originally posted by common-man

Come on wargasm its not that bad. Lvlin is so easy its kinda sad. Lvl 30 in 2 days easy. To 40 in 2 more days no problem. Lvl 45 in 2 weeks after that cake. Lvl 49 to 50 is the only pain really. And lvl 55 is a pipe dream for most ppl but really who cares, all the good skills are done by 50 anyway. 55 is just a bonus for ppl with no lives. The game is good for one reason in my perspective, after little more than 3 months you can pvp with the best of them unlike other "hardcore" pvp games that you can be lvlin for years to try and catch ppl.

I dont wanna launch a personal attack and i have nothing against u, but after getting in the game 2 weeks after launch i have to strongly disagree. U CANNOT pvp with the best of them unless u pay a small fortune in cash shop items. Even if u do get lvl 50 the "best of them" have spent around 2 billion race currency to get their gear together. The average non farming lvl 50 player has around 100m at the he dings. Besides u fail to realize how big a role the pit bosses loot is. So unless u are decked out in gear, which requires money, time and alot of luck expect yourself to grind gear for another 3-4 months at least just to stand a chance.

And unless u havent noticed people are getting darn close to the 55 mark so try to squeeze that into your equasion instead of shrugging it off.

But by all means i u intend to spend a small fortune in cash items this game is made just for u.

• common-mancommon-man Member Posts: 16

Ok i play on the novus server and i amd not talkin about the handful of uber pvp ppl such as NukeZ, SgtDK or the equal on the other side of the race war. But if you find a half good guild and run with them this game is cake. And the key point you just said is "nonfarming" lvl 50. What the hell is that exactly. Every one who wants something in this game has gotta farm and if done right you can make good money in a very short time. And cash shop items are for ppl who pvp 1 on 1 or have to have 55 chargers. You don't "need" them in mass combat as much as you just contribute to over all damage. Shoot at things others are shootin at. And PBs ...please they are a joke except in elan. A good 8 man party can do them ( if you can't get a 8 man party in your guild find another or recruit). The game has great pvp that happins regularly (3 times a day) and overall is well done (don't think i don't know about the service suckin but i hear that about EVERY game out there)

And a final note is no there are not a lot of ppl gettin close to 55, maybe a handfull. And then again so what the are usin jades anyway to use 55 weapons/armour so you have seen what they can do anyway. They will be no more powerful at 55 than at 53 because a 55 weapon is a 55 weapon.

• Suki.ChanSuki.Chan Member Posts: 30

Too bad you can only play on the private servers. It's ridiculous how they put up "FREE TO PLAY" everywhere on the site yet right below the banners it says "subscription fee required". lmao

Shame...

• ZagatoMKRZagatoMKR Member UncommonPosts: 263

Did you check http://mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/163747 ? Because the game uses micro-payment system, so it's F2P.

Cheers.