Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Think twice!

mattic65mattic65 Member UncommonPosts: 191

I figured I would try out this game, seeing as how I had heard some pretty good things about it. Downloaded it, installed it, patched it...and promptly trashed it. Not a good sign when the game crashes even before you can choose a server. And it did it over and over. So no, no, no to anyone thinking about playing this rubbish. Find something that's stable enough to actually run.

Comments

• SC(+)PESC(+)PE Member Posts: 19

... don't trashtalk a game just because you can't figure out how to install it.

• mattic65mattic65 Member UncommonPosts: 191

Apparently you didn't read my previous post at all. I installed it just fine. It's just that once I got it installed, I couldn't connect to the servers. Any of them.

And at the expense of stepping on some fanboys toes, YES, that's pretty shoddy.

well since i don't play the game, calling me a fanboy really doesn't fit. 

And just because you cant seem to figure out how to get the game running doesn't make it bad either.  Telling people not to try the game out because you couldn't figure it out is just plain stupid.

For everyone that would be reading this that is thinking about trying the game, i suggest that you do because it does have something unique that many games similar do not. 

And mattic65 at the expense of step on some Arrogant SOB's toes, YES, your post is pretty shoddy.

• AhnilatorAhnilator Member UncommonPosts: 81

Owned.

• mattic65mattic65 Member UncommonPosts: 191

Jesus christ, again you missed my point entirely. There was nothing to figure out on my part! So let me break it down for you in baby steps so maybe my point won't go swooshing by you again.

In this order (pay cloooose attention, dont want to lose you here) I performed the following:

1) Downloaded the client

2) Installed said client

3) Patched the client

4) Signed on for the first time. The game booted up properly and with out a hitch. However, and THIS, this is the point I was trying to make, I could not log into a server. Ever time I selected one, the game promptly informed me that it was "unable to connect, closing client". Try after try, no matter what the server population, I could not get into the game.

Okay, so I pose this question. How does not being able to log into the myriad of servers on the list constitute ineptitude on my part? Everything was fine on my end, it was totally on their side of the game. And yes, not upkeeping the servers to allow players in is indeed shoddy. And this problem wasn't just unique to me, several people complained about the same problem on several forums I read through.

By no means am I bashing the game. This post was originally a caveat emptor to anyone who might decide they want to download and try out this game. I was really stoked to play this, and it was disappointing that I couldn't. Just didn't want someone else to have to endure the frustration. But as always, people need to judge things on their own merits.

Why you even took it upon yourself to come into this thread and flame on me is beyond me.

Well then does your computer meet the minimum requirements?

Do you have a firewall up restricting your access?

Did you make sure you weren't trying to log into the server during a maintenance?  No joke they seem to maintenance alot and if what you said was true about promptly trashing it, you could have failed to notice all the servers where closed down for a reason.

And how can you say by no means where you bashing the game when the intro to the thread was "Think twice!", and you go on to state "So no, no, no to anyone thinking about playing this rubbish."?

Why you even took it upon yourself to come into this thread and flame this game is beyond me.

• HaynsoulHaynsoul Member Posts: 21

Owned x2

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440
    Originally posted by SC(+)PE

Well then does your computer meet the minimum requirements?
    Do you have a firewall up restricting your access?
    Did you make sure you weren't trying to log into the server during a maintenance?  No joke they seem to maintenance alot and if what you said was true about promptly trashing it, you could have failed to notice all the servers where closed down for a reason.
    And how can you say by no means where you bashing the game when the intro to the thread was "Think twice!", and you go on to state "So no, no, no to anyone thinking about playing this rubbish."?
    Why you even took it upon yourself to come into this thread and flame this game is beyond me.

Wait a minute...i thought you didnt even play this game...XD