Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why did you join MMORPG.com?

Well be honest and tell us why you joined MMORPG.com

I personelly first joined because of the contests then i started visiting the site again because there is loads of good information about diffrent games here

Comments

• AdrealAdreal Member Posts: 2,087
    Originally posted by zlayzer

Well be honest and tell us why you joined MMORPG.com

I personelly first joined because of the contests then i started visiting the site again because there is loads of good information about diffrent games here

I suppose the contests are a pretty good reason to join. I really have no idea why I joined though.

"Put your foot where your mouth is." - Wisdom from my grandfather
    "Paper or plastic? ... because I'm afraid I'll have to suffocate you unless you put this bag on your head..." - Ethnitrek
    AC1: Wierding from Harvestgain

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

To allow the mmorpg community the benefit of my boundless wisdom, intellectual aptitude, and philosophical discussion.

Mainly, so I could personally tell corrupt and/or ignorant  game developers to butt-bounce naked in a cucumber patch.

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356

Originally posted by Zorvan

Mainly, so I could personally tell corrupt and/or ignorant  game developers to butt-bounce naked in a cucumber patch.
    I always had wondered why the cucumber patch was so crowded with ignorant game developers butt-bouncing naked......it really isn't a pretty site.

• AnzieAnzie Member Posts: 468

I used to have an older account (witch I lost ), but I joined because I was looking for a free game to play and never posted anything until 3months ago.

Originally posted by Spathotan
    The simplest way to put this, is like this. Buying a used/refurbished 360 is on the same plane as sharing a condom in a gangbang with strangers.
  • KorususKorusus Member UncommonPosts: 831

I have no idea and don't remember.  Frankly I'm shocked at my join date since I didn't even become active here until around 2006.  Judging by the date though I'm sure it had something to do with either World of Warcraft or Everquest 2.

----------
    Life sucks, buy a helmet.

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

I've no clue why I joined here. I'm pretty sure I just stumbled up it by accident.

I didn't have much to say initially, until EQ2. That's when the ice got brokened.

Edit: I just noticed I have the same join date as Korusus. Creepy....

• frodusfrodus Member Posts: 2,396

Rant and rave...

Trade in material assumptions for spiritual facts and make permanent progress.

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

Defend Guild Wars from idiots back when it first started...

OT has kept me here since...Old School OT (which I consider everything from a year ago and before) was the best....

<mod edit>

You are wrong the current regime...erm...staff has brought about a golden age of mmorpg goodness.  Next time you mention anything about the current MMORPG.com being less than the best experience you have ever legally had on teh interweb, you will be banned.

</end mod edit>

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

• AguyAguy Member Posts: 561

Originally to talk about runescape, but I got about, say, 10 posts before I became inactive for a while.  I eventually matured and started making some non-crap posts.  Today I come here to post here cus you guys are one of the few mature forums I know. The free stuff that is offered with membership is also amazing.

• zlayzerzlayzer Member Posts: 81

Ahhh i remember my time playing runescape =) Those were great times =D

Then some idiot stole my char...

Then 2006 another idiot stole my other char

Luckely so have they introduced custom questions now so you can make all the recovery questions yourself 

I still play it sometimes and i might buy member for 1 month to try out summoning which is comming out now in january!

You should have to answear questions in order to change your password aswell because then so can no one change your password and the same thing for recovery questions in order to change them so should you have to answear 2 or 3 special questions which you have made yourself then to change those main questions so would you have to be able to answear all recovery questions and type in the password + answearing those special questions ^^ i think i have to send in this idea to them sometime =)

But yeah as i said my time in runescape were great times i'm currently waiting for warhammer online to come out and there are loads of info here =) I hope to write a article about a game sometime but well we will see

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Over 5-8 years ago I got banned from GameShark Forums. Pretty much setup and silenced by a fat punk (no offense big people, but he was fat). Yeah and then I came here some time later. I was one of the most popular members there (as I am here..lol), and then I was Permabanned. The site was going though changes, old staff left, they let mods do what they want (I almost became one), and so I was a target. All I can tell you to do is just try to get people to stay clear from sites like GameShark Forums.

I haven't even been to GameShark.com in almost 8 years. Now I'm on MMORPG.com...I like the forums here and I learned a lot about mmorpgs here. Without that trial version to SWG MMORPG gave out back in 04' I would have never known how great MMO's are.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• AdrealAdreal Member Posts: 2,087

The real question is, "Where the heck are Serien, Kiamde and Rathma?"

"Put your foot where your mouth is." - Wisdom from my grandfather
    "Paper or plastic? ... because I'm afraid I'll have to suffocate you unless you put this bag on your head..." - Ethnitrek
    AC1: Wierding from Harvestgain

• grimweepergrimweeper Member Posts: 2,047

Why do dogs lick their balls?

Because they can

I joined this forum because i could

• patheospatheos Member Posts: 1,148

Originally posted by grimweeper

Why do dogs lick their balls?

Because they can

I joined this forum because i could

Not to tell you how to talk, but i feel you could have phrased that like "The same reason dogs can lick their balls. Because i could." or something. and it sounds a bit better...at least to me

I joined for the boards (first and only) and a contest at the time i think. I believe the game list also was one of the main reasons.

Hehe grim i see you followed the burning text tutorial (one of the 100's there are) i was thinking about doing something with it aswell but well i'm busy making a Warhammer "siggie" as i like to call em ^^

• EcranomicalEcranomical Member Posts: 326

The devil told me to, he said that I'll be able to talk to him one day...

• I joined for all the sweet pssy to to find out its a susage fest.  JK, decided to join to correct someones false comment about a game.

Haha 

• slannmageslannmage Member Posts: 540

cus i got banned everywhere else

Why?

If anyone here has played or plays little savages 2 or so was it 3 so can i tell you that you shud quit it right away the mods started messing with me so i spammed their crappy forum so much that they had to take it down for a while

i mean gamespot banned me for saying grinding on my cock and gametrailers banned me for posting about how milfs are better than teens....

I don't get why i cant post what i want on the internet...

Because there are kids here in the world

Oh come off it when i was a kid i knew all about this stuff and we did loadsa shit, you  cant keep em in cotton wool forever.

Originally posted by slannmage

Oh come off it when i was a kid i knew all about this stuff and we did loadsa shit, you  cant keep em in cotton wool forever.

Haha but well some forums want to have a really good reputation

But well this forum is by far the best i've ever been on ^^

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

I joined waaay back not long after this site was created.  I think i stumbled upon it looking for info on mmorpgs.  Didnt really post much for the rest of 2002 after i joined as there were bugger all people on the site back then.