Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just curious about something...

mattic65mattic65 Member UncommonPosts: 191

I wonder if there's a way to play the game with only one character instead of three. I haven't tried it personally, but if anyone out there know if you can, let me know. Just curious as to how something like that would affect your experience in the game.

Comments

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

you can but its not how its meant to be. Your life will be significantly harder. Think of it like playing in a normal game with out a healer.

Also, grouping doesnt work in this game like others. You are already splitting your exp x3 by yourself. If you group with another your exp goes down x6.

According to some research on Singapore servers exp is actualy divided funny in the game as well. For instance you only make 12% exp in a 3 man family roughly.

• mattic65mattic65 Member UncommonPosts: 191

Good points, and thanks.

One of the things I have a gripe about with this game is the difficulty. Given, it's nice to have a game ease you into the gameplay before tossing you to the proverbial wolves, but this game's difficulty never really ramps up. At least not in my experience, anyhow.

Just thought that maybe playing with one character would shift the difficulty some. But from the way it sounds, it would totally break the game.

Anyone played this game into the higher levels? Do you actually get to a point to where things are challenging, and you have to effectively use your party members? Or do you blow through the entire game, one-shotting mobs?

• K.o.v.eK.o.v.e Member Posts: 227
    Originally posted by mattic65

Good points, and thanks.
    One of the things I have a gripe about with this game is the difficulty. Given, it's nice to have a game ease you into the gameplay before tossing you to the proverbial wolves, but this game's difficulty never really ramps up. At least not in my experience, anyhow.
    Just thought that maybe playing with one character would shift the difficulty some. But from the way it sounds, it would totally break the game.
    Anyone played this game into the higher levels? Do you actually get to a point to where things are challenging, and you have to effectively use your party members? Or do you blow through the entire game, one-shotting mobs?

Well even though Im not there yet, I have heard people say lvl 50 is when the game really starts. I think maybe the mobs do get stronger and maybe there are more elite units and bosses to encounter.

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323

Right now Im level 55 and it did get harder as I hit the late 40's or so. Porto Bello was the first dungeon where I had to crawl through it. Tons of never ending mobs. It actually caught me off guard the first time I went there.

Some of the encounters where you have to beat the guy to get his card were pretty tough too. The M'boma fight wasnt the easiest at 46-48.

I have to admit I like the game. Its different and while not always the most challenging I have always found it enjoyable.

• angus858angus858 Member UncommonPosts: 381

In the early game the difficulty comes not from the type of mob you fight but how many you are fighting.  If you stand still, yes, it's very easy.  Try running around in an area of same level mobs.  You will get so much aggro you cant one shot them fast enough.  At that point only skillful use your spells and abilities will keep you alive.  Moving around quickly will also get you more xp and loot per minute so moving rapidly is both challenging and profittable.

Another way to increase the challenge is  to equip yourself only with drops.  Don't buy new gear and don't enchant or fortify what you have.  This saves money too.  I enjoy doing this as it makes the drops more important and rewarding.

The first UPC's you get as quest rewards are generally considered weaker than the starter characters.  So you could try running a team of them.  You would also stand out from the crowd as I seldom ever see anyone using those characters.

Try using a character combination that does not include a scout.  This makes things tougher.  Try using three elementalists, one ice, one fire, one lightning.  I'll bet that's fun and challenging.

As for using one character, give it a try and let us know how it went.

• mattic65mattic65 Member UncommonPosts: 191

Those are some great suggestions, thanks! Might have to reevaluate this game...

As for trying to play with one character, I actually did try it. I played with my fighter, and where it was challenging, having waves of mobs intended for 3 characters come at my one, it wasn't quite the type of "challenge" I thought it would be. Meaning, I got creamed. So, unless you played with just a scout (which I am considering) or an AoE class, I don't think it would be a great idea.

But, I will try some of the suggestions that you guys have come up wtih before giving up on the game entirely.

• monkeyspymonkeyspy Member Posts: 196

What you should do is start a clan where you can only play with one character at a time and group up with other players in your clan.

Actually now that I think about it, I might do that.  But I play on Granado Espada (Singapore Version), so we won't be able to team up.

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

I ran 1 fighter before.  Its actually plausible you just have to do it the old school way.  Lots and lots of healing items.  Also the ability to use polearms really helps.  To train new stances you go to areas below your level.  Like you mentioned there really isn't a challenge, and when there is a challenge the reward isn't there.

Also from experience 1 fighter is better then any other of the starting classes to level with.  When compared to scout, the fighters ability to use polearms and the fact that a fighter does 3 attacks with a dagger while the scout only doesn 1 is a major factor.  For other classes speed and durability are a major factor which makes Fighter the best choice.

1 thing I particularly enjoyed about running 1 character is that its always involving.  Not to mention when your running through a dungeon at level killing off waves of mobs, yet a similiar leveled player running 3 is getting obliterated is always funny.  Infact I have actually been more successful killing off bosses with only 1 character simply because of the battle method you must invoke.  Word of warning though, its expensive to purchase all that healing.  We are talking about going and buying 500 pieces of Tofu at a time.