Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question on EULA

wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506

Would trading Vanguard Gold for Gold in another game break the eula?

IE if I traded 5p in VG for x amout in EVE

Comments

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Yes. You would be involved in trading an in-game asset for an out-of-game asset.

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

will probably a breach, Id assume they would leave yah alone about it, just dont make a huge spam in game or anythiung/

• KrileonKrileon Member Posts: 314

Screw the EULA. You earned the gold. By law you have the right of trade vs time. Holding that against you would technically be illegal, which is why EULAs aren't so good with holding up in a court of law. They infringe upon constitutional rights.. I know some of you will argue against this, but NOTHING can wave your rights without consent, which the EULA does not do. The EULA basically is there to tell you "Hey we can close your fking account whenever for whatever reason.. deal with it" it's your right to use their servers.. So it's a double edged dagger.. you have the right to trade/sell ingame items, but they have the right to disallow access to their servers.. sucks huh LOL

If you're going to make the trade. Do it silently. Try not to spend boat loads or give it to others to help them. Spend it wisely and tell NO ONE.. not even a best friend unless you ABSOLUTELY can trust them.

I don't suggest buying money from websites as most of the time those sites are in good with the game dev companies and have you banned shortly after your purchase (yes most gold sites and indeed a scam.. but as they operate overseas.. ain't much we can do about it as a customer, but don't buy.)

I for one see no problem with doing such a thing.. if it keeps 1 more customer playing then that's more money in their pockets.. and god knows this freaken game needs all they can get.. good or bad..

[ Played ] 2Moons, Anarchy Online, City of Heroes, City of Villains, Dark Age of Camelot, Everquest, Everquest II, Guild Wars, HellGate: London, Lord of the Rings Online, Rappelz, RF Online, Shadowbane, Star Wars Galaxies, Sword of the New World, Tabula Rasa, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, World of Warcraft, Last Chaos

[ Playing ] Everquest II

[ Waiting ] Aion, Age of Conan