Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Computer problems

GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

So I recently bought a new laptop to play games when I'm on the road.

But I think something somewhere went totally wrong. It's pretty much impossible to run any game at a decent framerate. Tabula Rasa, Guild Wars they all run aroubd 15 fps in other words, unplayable. Far Cry wouldn't even let me install as it gave me an error.

the specs are: AMD athlon 64 X2

Nvidia geforce go 7000

2 GB of ram

Windows Vista 32x

any thoughts?

Comments

• daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Hmm. Hard to say without actually looking at your comp. Do you have all of your drivers and patches updated? I can see having trouble playing brand new games online, they are pretty resource intensive, but not being able to install farcry gives me pause.

Try updating your drivers and such, if that doesn't work, take it back wherever you got it and make them fix it.

That's the best I can offer without actually being able to work on it, sorry.

D.

• M-A-R-KM-A-R-K Member Posts: 7

When you bought the Laptop.. where did u buy it from.. there are some dodgy dealers in the world.. *not saying that you bought it from any..*

Here are some things that might have caused this:

1. When you got your Laptop, the first thing that you are ment to do is connect it to the internet and get the lastest updates.
    2. Some games arn't compatible with Windows Vista
    3. Some games require the right compatibility to make sure it runs smoothly
    4. Is your battery low, if it is, charge it up and see if that makes a different. Some laptops reduce the speed of the games inorder to save battery. Try running it with the mains lead on
    5. Is your laptop a genuine vista..? If it isn't heres a link to make it genuine and see if that makes a difference. Click Here

Hope that helps

Mark