Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else miss EnB?

MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362

I loved Earth and Beyond. I hate that EB shut it down, and really would love to see it come back out of no where. They could just add an auction/mail system, and maybe up the graphics a tad.

Shoot, they could leave it all as it was and I'd still go back. With no changes or updates. lol

-Anyone else miss it?

-M

Comments

• oobeoobe Member UncommonPosts: 60

yup me too.. even after those few years. I played on Orion till the last day.

• Pappy13Pappy13 Member Posts: 2,138

I miss it too.  I still consider the crafting the best of any MMO I've played.  If that game would have had an AH, people would have made a fortune.

It did have problems though.

1)  Not nearly enough quests or enough room for quests.  I think you could have 5 at once?

2)  No AH/mail system, although I don't think many MMO's had them at the time.  Would have made this game awesome though because crafting was really good.

3)  Zoning.  I HATED seeing that stupid screen come up everytime you moved from 1 zone to the next.  Running trade missions would have still been boring, but would have been a ton better if you didn't have to restart your warp at every zone.  Imagine choosing a warp point in another zone and simply hitting Warp once and running to the fridge, making a sandwich and coming back at the end point.  Now that I can deal with.

• Canman767Canman767 Member Posts: 10

It was hands down the best game ever made. All it needed was some good advertisement and it would have been the WOW of the day. EA lost its mind when they shut it down. It really is a shame too cause they had great plans for the future of that game. I would return to it today if they would bring it back.

• alex_11alex_11 Member Posts: 9

Amazing game.  My first MMO :)

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832

/raise hand

I miss it.

Space with the ability to walk around on station. The ships were fun to custom design. It was a hell of alot of fun to paly and be part of. Didn't they have a space race arena?

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

• DreamagramDreamagram Member Posts: 798

Never played it, but every MMOG that closes down is a sad thing. We need all the niche games so people have as much choice as possible when picking a game.

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

E&B was a great game I played it right till the end also. I just wish it would make a comeback, I am sure if graphics where updated it could do well.

Long live Orion

• DruzDruz Member Posts: 276

I miss it, could've used a lot of improvements which no doubt they would've had by now - it was closed far too soon

• KrileonKrileon Member Posts: 314

I had the same feelings for EnB as I did AA. Both awesome games and both very fun, but some reason they just never caught on. They had to few players and ended up just shutting down. Sad too. Both was very unique and enjoyable.

People say to play EVE, but IMO that game is freakin' garbage. Real time skill training? LOL no thanks.. and the drama with CCP.. god the drama.. worst of all time IMO

Anyway, hopefully something worth playing will release or I may end my MMO days for good. EQ2 is fun, but the new content will only last me for so long before i'm burnt out again.

[ Played ] 2Moons, Anarchy Online, City of Heroes, City of Villains, Dark Age of Camelot, Everquest, Everquest II, Guild Wars, HellGate: London, Lord of the Rings Online, Rappelz, RF Online, Shadowbane, Star Wars Galaxies, Sword of the New World, Tabula Rasa, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, World of Warcraft, Last Chaos

[ Playing ] Everquest II

[ Waiting ] Aion, Age of Conan

• KenrichKenrich Member UncommonPosts: 127

Your not alone I to miss EnB  like all the other posters here. For me it was my First real mmo I played on the first computer I Bought

P.S Will trade pumpkin chucker for a PB 

o.O

• atomtanatomtan Member Posts: 106

*sniffle*

Yup, I miss it.  I heard/read that there was an open-source project going on to resurrect it, but it may have been abandoned.

What I loved was that I could log on for about 6 hours, not do any missions and just decode the V'rix messages and not feel like I had just wasted my time.  It had something for every play style.  I also enjoyed how things would change depending on what players did or what players figured out about the mysterious V'rix.

Currently Playing: Nothing...I'm developing.
    Looking Forward To:

• kurisukurisu Member Posts: 15

I had 2 cds to beta test the game. Unfortunately I never had a chance to play as my computer at the time wasn't up to the task.