Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• CorthagathCorthagath Member Posts: 291

juicy gossips

• hubertgrovehubertgrove Member Posts: 1,141

I remember two key moments from my days playing MMORPGs, both relating to SWG.

On my very first day playing SWG on the European Server - was it Infinity? - I was shooting Worts outside Bestine with my CDEF pistol when I saw the game-wide notice from Darth vader announcing that a player, for the first time, had unlocked a jedi. I think that must have been in the Autumn of 2003.

The other vivid memory was a post in the SWG forums in the Autumn of 2005. It was made by a player who worked for Discovery or some bank. He happened to speak to a customer who, it turned out, was an SOE Developer. In conversation, the Developer informed the guy that the thirty-two professions were becoming nine, that jedi would be a much weaker starter profession, that Creature Handler and BE would be abolished... in fact he revealed the whole mess of the NGE. Of course, when the player posted this news, a thousand forum trolls immediately piled in to call him a liar and, after a while, the thread was locked. Then came the NGE - suddenly the thread was unlocked again (Did Tiggs do that? Was that why they fired her?). The thread became a hundred page litany of apologies to the Original Poster and curses against the NGE.