Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

issues in game

When im in game, anyone know why i get jolts while im moving? IT also happens when i move the mouse cursor about. It doesnt do it on character select, it starts when i log in.  Before you ask i have the right hardware. I have an 8800gts, p4 3.6 dual core,  2gb ram and using  windows 2000. I just cant figure out what the issue is and what could be causing this.  I tried turning off some programs from my task bar including the virus check with no effect.

Also I get slowdown when theres lot of people about. I found that decreasing the graphics helps that  but I have it on the recommended settings so why should i need to?

Any help appreciated.

 

Comments

  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,935

    It is so called HD LAG or STUTTER. The game is actively loading new content while you move.

    This is mosyt obvious when entering area with lot of new information - like a city that loads all players and their equipment.

    This however is not a problem of a game but a simple issue of your Hard disk working slow

    There is an option in graphic menu that controls how much of this preloading happens. Put it to zero , and you will see none of this.

    But even better would be simply DEFRAGMENTING the HD which will (depending if you use a good defrag program) greatly improve the performance



  • LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

    What internet connection do you have? It could be internet lag...

  • OrihuelaOrihuela Member Posts: 115

    An HD Defrag could help you.

    I recommend Contig, it's easy and fast.

  • Masta22Masta22 Member Posts: 298

    its not internet lag becasue my latency is always around the 50 mark. And my connection runs ususally at about 2-3mb.

  • dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185

    Originally posted by Masta22


    When im in game, anyone know why i get jolts while im moving? IT also happens when i move the mouse cursor about. It doesnt do it on character select, it starts when i log in.  Before you ask i have the right hardware. I have an 8800gts, p4 3.6 dual core,  2gb ram and using  windows 2000. I just cant figure out what the issue is and what could be causing this.  I tried turning off some programs from my task bar including the virus check with no effect.
    Also I get slowdown when theres lot of people about. I found that decreasing the graphics helps that  but I have it on the recommended settings so why should i need to?
    Any help appreciated.
     
    Did you really mean Windows 2000?

    Just curious why you haven't upgraded to XP?  I can understand not using Vista... but XP is a great gaming OS.  Granted it isn't the best for other activities... but gaming it does nicely.

  • Masta22Masta22 Member Posts: 298

    ive been more than happy with 2000, its more stable that xp.  I fail to see how windows 2000 matters when the game runs on it.

  • MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    Originally posted by Masta22


    its not internet lag becasue my latency is always around the 50 mark. And my connection runs ususally at about 2-3mb.

    Its your hard drive.

    ----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

    "No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

    "Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

    How are you?" -Me

  • dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185

    Originally posted by Masta22


    ive been more than happy with 2000, its more stable that xp.  I fail to see how windows 2000 matters when the game runs on it.
    It doesn't really matter for your question.  I was just genuinely curious, as it's been awhile since I've seen someone still running 2000 that plays the current crop of MMOs.  I'm glad it's still working great for you.

    Do you have any issues with current drivers or critical updates from Microsoft? 

  • Masta22Masta22 Member Posts: 298

    i dont know. what critical updates?

  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,935

    Originally posted by Masta22


    ive been more than happy with 2000, its more stable that xp.  I fail to see how windows 2000 matters when the game runs on it.

    Dude

    I work in software company.

    We stopped supporting 2000 while ago.

    It is a good system , but Windows XP is better in every single aspect, and i mean every single one.

    Including the fact that most of companies do not support 2000 anymore.

    The games do work , but they will have issues



  • dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185

    Originally posted by Masta22


    i dont know. what critical updates?
    I guess I was thinking about different security issues with malwares, hacks, trojans, viruses, and the like.  Does MS still put out critical updates to patch such things?

    I thought they stopped putting out critical updates for 2000 in 2006, but perhaps I am mistaken.

  • Masta22Masta22 Member Posts: 298

    is it worth upgrading to vista or is it a resource hog?

  • dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185
    Originally posted by Masta22


    is it worth upgrading to vista or is it a resource hog?

    Resource hog AND buggy.  I wasn't impressed with it and went back to XP.  There is a reason that you can buy new computers from the major manufacturers with XP pre-loaded.   That wasn't the case when Vista was first released.   :)

Sign In or Register to comment.