Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just quit WoW.....now what!?!

2»

Comments

• AczeroAczero Member Posts: 248
    Originally posted by s0ull

Originally posted by Aczero

Originally posted by BoWMyris

WoW is about as easy as they come leveling wise so if your looking for easier you will prolly have to wait for WoW 2.0...oops i mean Warhammer

Warhammer is not like WoW only the graphics and races are. Stop comparing two different games. WoW is a PvE game, WAR is a PvP game.

lol at everyone that argues this, it's the PvP based version of WoW. This was the gap in the market for the big money  maker MMO's.

Where do you think Blizzard got their idea from? For the first Warcraft? They wanted a license for using the Warhammer signatures, but they didnt get that, so they made Warcraft I/II/III then they made WoW. And now Warhammer is a version of WoW that is based on warhammer? And they only look so much on each other, because of the graphics. The most people that say WAR is a WoW clone or WoW 2 didn't read anything about WAR and just looked at the graphics and races

• RidgewoodNYRidgewoodNY Member Posts: 28

now you die

IN REAL LIFE!

• SaikronSaikron Member Posts: 90

Your options at the moment are pretty bleak. I would wait for one of the new high profile MMOs and hope that they are half decent.

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941

As Saikron just said, your options are bleak at the moment, may just have to wait for one of the new mmo's to come out and hope there decent enough to purchase.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Id also recommend Lotro, many mature ex-wow players refuge there. Mature community, casual friendly endgame and as a rpg it is superb. Only thing I'd say is try and get some friends in the game for the 30+.

• Bane82Bane82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,242

here's a cookie for quitting WoW lol! j/k

on a serious note. I'm actually doing a bunch of free trials to see what catches my fancy. Although I might just wait until 2008 to see what comes out.

• kwaikwai Member UncommonPosts: 825

Originally posted by daylight01

Well go cold turkey for maybe 2 weeks then maybe look to a new release,If you like the fantasy thing like wow then maybe keep your eye out for AION or maybe AoC,Of the games out now I wouldnt go near SWG you wont enjoy it basically as it is a dying game with low population,Maybe eq2 can keep you going till 1 of the new games come out,Also keep an eye on TCOS as a sleeper hit if you like to think as you play instead of just mashing some keys.
    Actually people are comming back to the game again, since more and more people will learn to cope with NGE , and alot of new players as well , nothing beats the game mechnanics of SWG at the time being really.

player housing , player cities , bounty hunting other people ( makes some people twitchy ) , complex crafting system and so forth.

• kwaikwai Member UncommonPosts: 825

Originally posted by Varo93

I just quit WoW today, I'm just not into it anymore, mostly because 95% of the time I did instances people were horrible and we wiped wayy to much....also I hate how long it takes to level to 70. So, besides all of that, what MMO should i start playing now? I was thinking EQ2 or SWG....but I dont know how any of them are. So, Im asking you what game do you think I would have the most fun playing?

By the way, I really liked the concept of wow (Fantasy type) so If there is anything like that!
    -Varo

I would recommend SWG as a new player since its great fun and most people are mature and would help you with any question and money if need be ingame , depending on your server of choice of course, the community is very different from one server to another , while some servers are dead, some a good populated , Bria for US  , Europe-Chimaera for Europeans.

player housing , player cities , space grinding / battle's ,  bounty hunting other people , they never knew what hit them ;) , beast mastery available for all classes so you can have a pet that obeys you, the BM system are quite complex as well but some people enjoy that.

Frequent updates to the game,  overall i would recommend it, nothing out there that can match anything that swg has to offer.

• BoWMyrisBoWMyris Member Posts: 27

WoW is about as easy as they come leveling wise so if your looking for easier you will prolly have to wait for WoW 2.0...oops i mean Warhammer

Warhammer is not like WoW only the graphics and races are. Stop comparing two different games. WoW is a PvE game, WAR is a PvP game.

WoW isn't PvP?

Raid Officer
    Blades of Wrath
    Vanguard

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

WoW isn't PvP?

WoW is just one of those games with average pvp in it and it sucks.  If you play Dark age of camelot then you will see what real pvp is.  And thats the type of pvp WAR will have but better i hope.

• OchieOchie Member Posts: 75

lol at everyone that argues this, it's the PvP based version of WoW. This was the gap in the market for the big money  maker MMO's.

I quit WoW cause there was no PVP. Warhammer will give me the PVP I want. Weather it is like WoW or not is not my real concern....its if the game will allow me to play how I want to PLAY!   You thinking War is WoW 2.0 means nothing to anyone.

Why so many children on forums ment for adults and people with problems.

• BoWMyrisBoWMyris Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by Ochie

I quit WoW cause there was no PVP. Warhammer will give me the PVP I want. Weather it is like WoW or not is not my real concern....its if the game will allow me to play how I want to PLAY!   You thinking War is WoW 2.0 means nothing to anyone.

Why so many children on forums ment for adults and people with problems.

meh seems too similar to me, faction based open world pvp with battlegrounds with a few twists...kill 3500 of mob X to convert their city to yours!

Raid Officer
    Blades of Wrath
    Vanguard

• daylight01daylight01 Member Posts: 2,250

Originally posted by tirallum

Originally posted by daylight01

Honestly if you think WOW end game is hard then you will be in for a shock when then next titles come next year,WOW is far from a hard game to play or master and if the guilds you were in kept wipping then that was as much your fault as there`s,WOW`s end game is a pretty much a "follow the yellow brick road"as you could hope to see and that is the sole reason it is so popular to the new MMO players.

You mustn't speak about the same WoW endgame I've seen, where you very much have to be a no-lifer to get something done. Unless you are talking about lol-arenas...

I dont know about this no-lifer thing,I have quite playing WOW now but before I could log on around 7:30pm and play till maybe 12am and get alot done in raids wither it was kara or gruul/mag/eye or clearing some of SSC,If you think that playing a game for 4 hours makes me not have a life then I am guilty as charged.

i really think this "I cant get anything done"syndrome come`s from people that arent in a decent guild and/or try to pug instances like kara etc and spend half the night crying"looking for 2 more healer`s".

If someone had came up to me in 1980 when I was on my Atari 2600 and said we will be playing games with thousands of people at the same time.I guess my response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/235780/page/8

• SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884

meh seems too similar to me, faction based open world pvp with battlegrounds with a few twists...kill 3500 of mob X to convert their city to yours!

Isn't that how AlteracValley works since the last patch?

Meh, never mind, you will be back, back I say... they all come back...  muahahhaha   

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

WoW is easily the fastest lvling game out there, so you're out of luck if you think WoW takes too long to lvl.

try EQ2 not as fast lvling as WoW but has alot of other things that may make lvling fun even if it is slower.has alot of things wow doesn't have and the classes are pretty fun.actually thinking of restarting my account to play it some more.

For me I REALLY liked the Vanguard classes hands down the most unique twists on classes you might have played in other games.but this game takes a long time to lvl not as bad as most but still takes awhile, but for me it was a nice change from WoW i enjoy lvling characters more than anything.Need a really good machine to run it good, i don't so it was too laggy for me gave it up.

still stuck in WoW like most players that play it,but after i took a break from it tryin just about every other game out there i came back and it was fun again.still wish there was something else that i like better tho.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Guild Wars. No subscription fee, if you get bored you can quit and come back later. Otherwise I suggest you to wait, as you may have recognized it seems like there is a slight drought on good MMORPGs currently.

• scot835scot835 Member Posts: 50

I have been playing wow for over 2 years and i went into a dry spell too, and i quit for about two months. I tried and tried to find another game to replace it. Turned up nothing, I finaly realized that the prob i had was community, i didnt use it alot. I now use it and would never leave wow. Community makes up 3/4 wow. If you use it you will like it. (not to mention all the addons you can have wooot)

char: kallent

server: Mok'nathal

• protorocprotoroc Member Posts: 1,042

I'd suggest trying EVE's 14 day trial. It's completely different then WOW in almost every way. It's not a game for everyone but definitely worth at least checking out, it's well made for what it is.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

WAR a PVP game? Its just on bigger scale but still carebear and pve not realy much difference between wow and war you can almost say wow=war(wow2)

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202
    Originally posted by forest-nl

WAR a PVP game? Its just on bigger scale but still carebear and pve not realy much difference between wow and war you can almost say wow=war(wow2)

And why is it carebear?

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
    And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

• JrodJrod Member Posts: 234

DDO the level cap isn't that hard to get and it has a great casual raiding endgame.

• TraceGaleIIITraceGaleIII Member Posts: 48

Try out DAoC

• Shifty360Shifty360 Member Posts: 629

The WoW fanbois have invaded the topic and show no interest in believing WoW's true background.

Everyone run away.