Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Monthly fee's

SinzOfManSinzOfMan Member UncommonPosts: 224

I recently bought lotro.  seemed like an ok game, nothing spectacular but playable atleast.  In the first month, I must have played only about 7 hours total.  I'm tired when I get home from work, only play a couple hours on the weekends.

My point is.. should there be 2 different options for fee's, like hardcore gamer card vs. casual gamer card.  The idea is you charge $15/month, unlimited play for the hardcore gamer.  Then there's another card for casual gamers, say $15/ 60hours..  maybe more or less hours, but something along those lines.  I guess that would only make them lose money lol.. but if a nice company that cared about the people that play their game wants to adopt that style of payment, it would break some of us free of that certain mindset, I gotta get my money's worth... I must play!!

As of right now, I'm not renewing lotro for $15/7hours.   however I would buy an hour card that I didn't feel pressured into using.  A pay as you go kinda thing.  Just a thought.  What you guys think?

Comments

• QazeQaze Member Posts: 247

Sounds like a good idea to me. I hate being pressured to play something cos I'm paying for it. But that might be the MMO companies' plan, making someone pay on a subscription so that they make money whether you play or not. This is (partly) why I play mostly offline FPSs and the only MMORPGs I play are Guild Wars where you don't subscribe you just buy the box and RuneScape which I am not subscribed to, I just top up my membership every so often when I think I'm gonna play quite a bit in a month (or I just play the free version). But yeah I think that should happen.

Qaze - Atheist, Nihilist, Sadist.
    WinRAR.rar
    Mudkip Video

image Xfire= Qaze3000 - Add me if you're not a total retard.

• MizabMizab Member Posts: 149

That is a great idea. I usally only ever play at most 10 hours a week so with your plan I would save money it would also be cool because I could play multiple MMO's and not have to play a monthly fee just pay when I play. Wish some companies would adopt your plan.

• D4rv3nD4rv3n Member Posts: 164

It isn't a bad idea, but forgot about it, companies would only loose money on it so there's no way for them to do that since all of em are about money....

D4rv3n!

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

I think Ragnarok Online has a payment plan where you can buy a few hours of gametime.

• kidflash05kidflash05 Member Posts: 10

I like the idea. It'd be easier for me to take up a game if I don't have to worry about playing just cause I'm paying.

I think some games (like Ragnarok) do that? But not many...