Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thank God

mxmissilemxmissile Member UncommonPosts: 275

I never followed through on my PreOrder:

http://www.f13.net/index.php?itemid=620

When will companies *ever* learn?

Comments

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

Well heres a news flash: the memory leak the guy is bitching about has already been fixed in the 0.7 patch. So much for the devs "ignoring the issue".

He was dumb enough to pay $150 and wasnt patient enough to have the bug that was affecting him get fixed. Uhm, sucks to be him? It cost me exactly $0.00 to play online (since its free) and was thrilled when the 0.7 patch came out resolving the memory issues.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Originally posted by Annekynn
    Well heres a news flash: the memory leak the guy is bitching about has already been fixed in the 0.7 patch. So much for the devs "ignoring the issue".

The memory leak is still active as of Jan 3rd, so what are you talking about?

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176

I was one of those really suffering from the memory leak issue but since the last patch I have SIGNIFICANT improvement. The leak seems minimized if it is not gone. I have been able to play for hours straight without so much as a stutter (once the zone loads).

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

Memory leaks are pretty common in any recently patched software. You should expect them in all titles after any patch.Hotfixes usually follow shortly after as these issues are easy to spot and resolvable.

You will get more memory leaks in the future with the addition of new content, but you shouldn't worry about them as longterm bugs.

• GwendleGwendle Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Originally posted by dougmysticey

I was one of those really suffering from the memory leak issue but since the last patch I have SIGNIFICANT improvement. The leak seems minimized if it is not gone. I have been able to play for hours straight without so much as a stutter (once the zone loads).

Same here. Before the patch I usually couldn't play more than an hour or two with crashing. Since then, I have played several sittings up to 3 or 4 hours with no problems. It is MUCH improved if not completely fixed. The game is coming along nicely and if you haven't played it with the most recent patch in place, then you have nothing to complain about.

• rev_lazarorev_lazaro Member Posts: 270

is the memory leak just with DirectX10 version?

I seriously haven't had any issues with it at all...and I'm playing on the lower end of the system specs for the game.

• The memory leak has been fixed for me and from what I understand the majority of the playerbase.  There are still some reporting memory leak issues, but they appear to be a minority.  I went from crashing nearly hourly to basically no crashes at all.  There's the occasional network disconnection now (still rare), but the memory leak is gone for me.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by rev_lazaro

is the memory leak just with DirectX10 version?
    I seriously haven't had any issues with it at all...and I'm playing on the lower end of the system specs for the game.

the memory leak was happening on DX9 also

I'm runnning XP and the game was very unstable for me  (crashing often)

- until patch 0.7

• krackajapkrackajap Member Posts: 238

Originally posted by Annekynn

He was dumb enough to pay $150 and wasnt patient enough to have the bug that was affecting him get fixed. Uhm, sucks to be him? It cost me exactly $0.00 to play online (since its free) and was thrilled when the 0.7 patch came out resolving the memory issues.
    Yes cause allowing gamebreaking bugs to go through all the beta phases, into the live game and persist through multiple patches isn't "ignoring the issue".

Honestly I wish death upon this game.  Well, maybe not the game but at least the publisher.  There were countless number of bugs and incomplete features that were constantly brought up during beta.  When it started getting close to launch and we noticed that none of these issues were being fixed, we were told that the build we tested was at least 3-4 weeks old and that in the new build everything was fixed.  When launch came what happened?  It was the exact same game we tested with the exact same issues.  The engineering drone bug is a glaring example of this.  There was also the brick wall that you ran into when you reached nightmare mode that made it impossible to progress.  The unique items without attributes.  Took them forever to fix that too.  And the only reason why anyone is playing Diablo 2 still (PvP) is being completely ignored and will probably never happen.